READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For April 19, 2012 – Television icon Dick Clark dies at 82, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta says photos of troops with insurgents' bodies violate U.S. values and gas prices continue to retreat...
• Television icon Dick Clark dies at 82: "Broadcast icon Dick Clark, the longtime host of the influential 'American Bandstand,' has died, publicist Paul Shefrin said. He was 82. Clark suffered a heart attack while at St. John's Hospital in Santa Monica for an outpatient procedure, his publicist said Wednesday."
• Photos of troops with insurgents' bodies violate U.S. values says Defense Secretary Leon Panetta: "Photos of U.S. soldiers posing with bodies of suspected Afghan insurgents, published Wednesday by the Los Angeles Times, depict behavior that 'absolutely violates' U.S. regulations and values, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said Wednesday."
• Admitted Norway killer Anders Behring Breivik says he trained on video games: "Anders Behring Breivik, who admits killing 77 people in Norway last summer, used a video game as training for his shooting spree, he testified Thursday at his trial for homicide and terrorism. He played the game 'Modern Warfare 2' for practice, he said."
• Secret Service scandal raises question of macho culture and women agents: "The scandal over allegations that Secret Service agents brought prostitutes to their hotel rooms in Colombia ahead of a visit by U.S. President Barack Obama keeps growing. And with it come awkward questions about whether a strong macho element in the culture of the U.S. Secret Service could pose a threat to security, and how women agents fit into the picture."
• Gas prices continue retreat: "The price of an average gallon of regular gasoline declined for the third straight day Thursday, putting a crimp - at least temporarily - in one of the fastest and steepest runups in recent memory."
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter
The death of Dick Clark is a tragedy. He was wonderful and will be missed by so many.A question that comes to mind is what ..kind of minor medical procedure did he undergo that resulted in his massive heart attack? Does anyone know? It is sad that many older (80's and up) are undergoing procedures that often have side effects(incl. cardiac infractions)and yet are not stopped because of ??who knows? (money or whatever) All "procedures" have risks.Some are irreversible as in this case. To think last week it was reported that he was out enjoying dinner and laughing about being "The World's oldest teenager".hardly sounds like a scenario for a pending death. Bless the family.
I was watching WWII in HD today and could you believe that they have pictures of American troops posing with dead enemy soldiers in it??? Wow, how can that be??? Liberal news is so ridiculous. It is and always has been a common practice to pose with those who tried to kill you, but you triumphed. Get over it people.
Notify me of new comments via email.