Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For April 23, 2012 – Big snowstorm shakes up 'crazy' winter, George Zimmerman released on bond, and Robin Gibb 'confounds' doctors by getting better...
• Big snowstorm shakes up 'crazy' winter: "A large snowstorm came barreling through the Northeast on Monday, threatening to drop 16 inches in some areas and frustrate commuters. By Monday morning, Newfield, New York, was reporting 10 inches of snow, while Ridgebury, Pennsylvania, had 8 inches. More accumulation was expected, especially in higher elevations."
• George Zimmerman released on bond: "George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch volunteer charged with murder in the February death of Trayvon Martin, has been released on bail from a Florida jail. Zimmerman walked out of the John E. Polk Correctional Facility in Sanford, Florida, around midnight Sunday, wearing a brown jacket and blue jeans and carrying a brown paper bag in his arms. He got into the back of a white BMW and did not speak to reporters."
• Sudanese warplanes strike at South Sudan border towns: "Sudanese war planes crossed a disputed border region to conduct airstrikes in South Sudan on Monday, a witness said, escalating fighting that threatens to return the neighboring African countries to full-scale war."
• Wal-Mart ensnared in Mexican bribery probe: "Wal-Mart says it has been conducting an 'extensive investigation' since 2011 into its compliance with a federal law that prohibits American companies from bribing foreign officials. The statement came in response to a New York Times article published online Saturday alleging that top executives in Wal-Mart (WMT, Fortune 500) Mexican division attempted to conceal a widespread bribery scheme from the company's headquarters in Bentonville, Ark."
• Robin Gibb 'confounds' doctors by getting better: "Singer Robin Gibb has 'confounded' his doctors by emerging from a coma just days after they thought he might not survive it, his physician said Sunday. Days ago, Bee Gees star Gibb was in a coma and battling pneumonia, the latest turn in health issues that include a recent battle with colon and liver cancer."