READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For April 26, 2012 – Rupert Murdoch admits hacking cover-up, Newt Gingrich's 2012 campaign leaves him with mixed legacy and Apple schedules June conference, but iPhone 5 hopes dim...
• Rupert Murdoch admits hacking cover-up: "Rupert Murdoch admitted there had been a "cover-up" of phone hacking at his flagship British tabloid newspaper and apologized Thursday for not paying more attention to a scandal that has convulsed his media empire and rocked the British political establishment."
• Newt Gingrich's 2012 campaign leaves him with mixed legacy: "Newt Gingrich will leave the Republican presidential campaign with a mixed legacy and a campaign deep in debt. The former speaker was left for political dead last year after his top campaign advisers quit over a disagreement on the direction of the campaign and its financial structure."
• Marine discharged over online Obama comments: "A Marine who used his Facebook page to criticize President Barack Obama has been discharged, a Marine Corps spokesman said Wednesday. Sgt. Gary Stein was given an "other-than-honorable" discharge, said Capt. Brian Block, a spokesman for the Marines."
• Postal Service lifeline clears Senate: "The Senate on Wednesday passed a plan to save the struggling U.S. Postal Service, an effort that could save thousands of jobs and 100 mail processing plants now slated to be closed or consolidated next month. In an unusual showing of bipartisanship, the Senate voted 62-37 to throw a lifeline to the indebted Postal Service."
• Apple schedules June conference, but iPhone 5 hopes dim: "It's a tantalizing bit of expectation building. Apple's invitation to its annual developers conference is tagged with this phrase: 'It's the week we've all been waiting for.' But if it's that elusive iPhone 5 you'd like to see, you might need to keep waiting."
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter
Good interview last night with our friend the Dalai Lama, Mr. Morgan. Here's some thoughts on your
summary points of his approach to helping other:
Subject: Dalai Lama's Seven Steps to Individual Fulfillment
Author: Andrew W. Harrell
Posted: 4/26/2012 08:08:57 AM
Seven steps for individual fullfillment
from Piers Morgan CNN interview 4/25/2012:
compared to Christianity
1)do not harm others
2) individual can conquer own existence
you cannot conquer own existence withour conquering death
individual needs God's help to conquer death
3) patience is essential
4) meaning of life is individual's own human purpose
meaning of life is first of all the glory of God inside
of us as individuals
5) it is possible to overcome obstacles
6) each individual is responsible for own virtue
same, with caveat that God's help is needed for success
7) love, compassion are real souces of happiness
to Add/Reply to this discussion board posting
go to http://www.yhwhschofchrist.org/discussionboard/index.cgi
Notify me of new comments via email.