Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

May 4th, 2012

Serena Williams on playing against her sister: "I'm really, really ruthless out on the court, but so is Venus"

Coming up this evening at 9 p.m., Piers Morgan laces up his tennis shoes, and volleys with women's great Serena Williams.

A 13-time Grand Slam Singles champion, Serena has also teamed with her sister Venus Williams to win 12 Grand Slam Doubles titles. And though the Williams sisters have met head-to-head 23 times professionally, Serena prefers to see her older sibling on the same side of the net:

"I hate playing against her. Sometimes we practice against her and she's amazing to practice against. But then I get competitive a little bit," reveals the 30-year-old. "Like the other day we were practicing together, and I was serving against her, and she was hitting winners, and I was so mad."

Pressured by the host to predict the winner in a life or limb battle, Serena reluctantly declares victory:

"I can't say I would lose," she tells Morgan. "I'm really, really ruthless out on the court, but so is Venus. So, I don't know. I can't sit here and say she would win. So I would say I would win. But I'm sure if she were sitting here she would say she would win."

Watch the clip, and listen to the interview, then tune in this evening at 9 p.m., as the most recent player to hold all four Grand Slam singles titles simultaneously, shows Morgan what it means to be "properly in love" on the tennis court.

Post by:
Filed under: The Piers Morgan Interview
  1. Lloyd Rodgers

Piers!

Your tennis stroke is dreadful!.

May 4, 2012 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Bobbi Crow

anyone out there hear Serena show Piers her calming/sleeping/relaxation product, called "Sweet Cheeks" ?
    I'd love to know where to find them so I can try them myself...I googled Sweet Cheeks and the only response is a winery in Oregon!
    Feel free to email me about this relaxation product Serena and Piers chatted about- bobbicrow@aol.com Thanks!

May 5, 2012 at 12:04 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Rosemonde

Bobbi, they are called 'sleep sheets' not 'sweet cheeks'. Go to sheetsbrand.com

May 5, 2012 at 4:03 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. John Ragsdale

Greatness...has any lady tennis player had a greater variety of tennis court expletives? Or is she a lady?

May 5, 2012 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Dave

I knew the Tea party would soon come here! Do you know that Federer cursed out an umpire during the 2009 USO FINAL and was fined? Just because she's black and a woman every mistake she makes is elevated more than others in the sport...now STFU

May 5, 2012 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Jay

Of course Serena would win in a life-or-limb battle. Everyone knows Venus is the nuturing older sister.

May 6, 2012 at 1:44 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Paige

after spending an hour trying to get to the "EMAIL" and signing up. This is a joke. CNN has become an international pile of news. What would Ted Turner think. I was trying to comment on a "Pierce" segment which was a joke and had to go through "what I call a top secret clearance" just to comment. Yes, I am a veteran. This bull"""" is a joke. Please post this but I will not be back nor watch CNN anymore.

May 6, 2012 at 3:43 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Images of the Prettiest jailbaits and youngest teens on the web.

hello!,I like your writing so much! share we keep up a correspondence extra approximately your article on AOL? I require a specialist on this area to unravel my problem. May be that is you! Looking forward to peer you.

June 26, 2012 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Cool pics

Thanks , I have just been looking for information about this subject for a while and yours is the best I have came upon till now. However, what about the bottom line? Are you certain in regards to the source?|What i do not understood is in truth how you are not actually much more neatly-favored than you might be right now. You're so intelligent.

July 13, 2012 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Going Here

Thank you for the good writeup. It actually was once a amusement account it. Glance complex to far brought agreeable from you! However, how can we keep up a correspondence?

July 13, 2012 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Check Out http://www.cedarcladding.org.uk/

Hello There. I found your weblog using msn. This is a really smartly written article. I'll make sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your helpful information. Thank you for the post. I'll certainly return.

July 14, 2012 at 4:45 am | Report abuse | Reply