READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For May 7, 2012 – French election results have implications for US economy, foreign policy, Barack Obama and Mitt Romney statistically tied nationwide and 'The Avengers' smashes domestic box office record for opening weekend...
• French election results have implications for US economy, foreign policy: "The U.S. economy may still hit turbulence after voters in France and Greece delivered a resounding anti-austerity message over the weekend to their governments. That message, say analysts, is likely to have implications for the United States that extend from its fragile economy to its planned withdrawal from Afghanistan."
• Barack Obama, Mitt Romney statistically tied nationwide: "A new poll released Monday indicates President Barack Obama and presumptive GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney are in a dead heat, six months ahead of the November 6 election."
• World markets falter after elections: "World markets faltered Monday after Socialist Francois Hollande defeated president Nicolas Sarkozy, leaving investors worried about the future of austerity throughout Europe."
• Army captain 'knocked forward' during Skype chat, wife says: "The wife of a U.S. Army captain in Afghanistan watched a live link for two hours of her husband slumped over a computer keyboard with a bullet hole in a closet behind him as she tried to summon help for him, she said."
• 'The Avengers' smashes domestic box office record for opening weekend: "The superhero smorgasbord featuring Captain America, Iron Man, Thor and The Hulk brought in $200.3 million its opening weekend in 4,300 U.S. theaters, smashing the previous domestic record for any movie's first three days, Walt Disney Studios said Sunday in a news release."
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter
Since you consider yourself an expert on elections, pease tell how your Queen is elected. You also said the law where you came from was better than :Stand your Ground" wht the *&^$ don't you go home.
Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to mention that I've truly enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. In any case I'll be subscribing in your feed and I hope you write again very soon!
Notify me of new comments via email.