Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For May 10, 2012 – President Barack Obama explains support for same-sex marriage, killer still 'wandering around' Churchill Downs and legendary hairstylist Vidal Sassoon dead at 84...
• President Barack Obama explains support for same-sex marriage: "President Barack Obama's announcement that he now supports same-sex marriage came sooner than planned as a result of comments made by Vice President Joe Biden, he said in an interview broadcast Thursday."
• Killer still 'wandering around' Churchill Downs: "Wilson Perez believes his father's killer is one of the hundreds of stable workers who live and care for horses in an area known as the 'backside' of the Churchill Downs horse racing grounds."
• 2012 Olympic flame lit in ancient stadium: "Thousands of years after the first athletes competed at the ancient stadium in Greece, a high priestess swathed in white lit a flame from the sun to mark the start of a new Olympiad on Thursday."
• U.S. stocks open higher after jobless claims: "U.S. stocks advanced at the open Thursday as investors reacted to first-time unemployment benefits filings that came in close to expectations. Tempering any gains were continuing uncertainty in Europe, a weaker-than-expected trade report from China and a disappointing outlook on business spending from Cisco."
• Legendary hairstylist Vidal Sassoon dead at 84: "Vidal Sassoon, the legendary hairstylist, died of "apparent natural causes" at his Los Angeles home Wednesday morning, a Los Angeles police spokesman said. He was 84."