Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

May 31st, 2012

Bill Clinton on Mayor Bloomberg's proposed soda ban: "I think he's doing the right thing"

As "Guest Host Week" continues on "Piers Morgan Tonight," this evening Harvey Weinstein takes a turn in the chair as the latest industry insider to fill in for Piers Morgan.

A legendary media mogul, with a resume that features both Academy and Tony Awards, Weinstein will be joined by former President of the United States Bill Clinton.

On the heels of New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg's proposed ban on super-sized soft drinks, Clinton offers his reaction:

"I think he's doing the right thing," reveals the nation's 42nd commander-in-chief. "For the first time, Type II Diabetes is showing up in nine-year-olds, and among the baby boomers, who are retiring."

Himself having recently adopted a vegan diet after health concerns earlier in life, the 65-year-old explains the dangers of soda:

"It's basically too much sugar going into the body, we can't process it all. So, if you get rid of these giant, full of sugar drinks, and make people have smaller portions, it will help."

Tune in this evening at 9 p.m., as the renowned studio head and world-famous politician delve deeper into such topics as health care, the escalating situation in Syria, and the future plans of the guest's wife, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Guest Host Week
  1. Dan

I heard that Piers Morgan is off this week and there would be others hosting the show. I decided to watch since I pretty much stopped watching after Piers took over from Larry King. I discovered that ANYBODY is better that Piers!

May 31, 2012 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Denise Presnick

This was the best "Piers Tonight" show we have ever seen. Harvey Weinstein was thoroughly prepared for each of the segments and they were all interesting and thought provoking. Completely enjoyed it. "Harvey Tonight" works for us!

May 31, 2012 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Sumit

x me la grafica non e solo pzoneta di calcolo faccio un esempio lampante, Zelda WW ha una grafica spettacolare xk quel maledetto cell shading lo fa un gioiellino grafica dopo anni di distanza poi anke io davanti a giochi del calibro grafico di RE5 o FF13 tolgo il cappello (volevo mettere anche Super Mario Galaxy ma e meglio non far nascere discussioni)

June 27, 2012 at 8:12 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Nikki Yordy

June 1, 2012 at 12:21 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Nikki Yordy

I believe Mr. Clinton (and Mrs. Clinton) are two of the wisest politicians in my lifefitme...they love America and the people who love America can do to build our lives. I am educated,should live surer than I do with a comfortability that my education and my potential to own a home once again for my son again IS MORE THAN A DREAM for those of us in Texas trying to raise a family...on a personal note...I am attracted to Bill Clinton's physical beauty and his spiritual emapthy...LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Bill Clinton...private or otherwise

June 1, 2012 at 12:24 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Scott

The host of tonight's Piers show Harvey Weinstein is the weakest host i think I've ever seen on any interview show. His questions are almost scripted, and definitely not engaging. During his interview, the interviewer tee'd Bill Clinton up like a monk tees up rice for breakfast. Perhaps Mr. Weinstein should have asked Bill HOW he would propose increasing jobs in technology in the U.S. vs. just saying that it's a way to help the economy. Don't give me a answer as to how to solve something until you can tell me how to implement that answer. e.g. the U.S. deficit could probably be solved by finding 200 Trillion barrels of oil next month somewhere in the U.S. is, i just cant tell you where to find that oil. I think Bill Clinton is solid and smart, but what a scripted DB his host was.

June 1, 2012 at 1:03 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. cenk2000

I am so amazed and impressed with Mr. Clinton stance on soft drinks and diabetis and the cost of preventible diseases that are crippiling our budget and our country. Wow It was great! Mr. Clinton, I have another one for you to look up about heart disease and how to prevent it. Dr. Levy has compiled over 2,000 scientific references in his book, "Curing the Incurable". MAny studies going back to the 1940's to the present day.

June 1, 2012 at 1:03 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Scotland

You shape like pier Morgan

June 1, 2012 at 8:55 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. JoeyNRomero

Do you really think banning super sized sodas is going to help curb obesity..I think government should butt the hell out of our business and concentrate on job creation..I am still waiting for Wall Street prosecutions ..You cant tell me that Bill Clinton doesnt like thick women ,he loved Monica Lewinsky!!!!!

June 1, 2012 at 11:15 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Tom

Well said. What would curb obesity is putting a scale at the end of the checkouts in all the food markets. If you don't meet the height / weight body mass index you pay a hefty fat tax.

June 1, 2012 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. IanA1

It's a dumb proposal, but as usual, this is about runaway insurance rates.
    US healthcare is the most expensive system on earth with some of the poorest results and quality per dollar in the first world. It rises on average at 4% a year (thus becoming increasingly unaffordable for all but the rich, since 90% of wages don't rise at anything close to that). Since everyone's insurance is raised by others making poor health decisions, this is a way to try to curb rate increases a little. Since the USA has the highest rate of chronic disease in the first world (other than Australia), this is an attempt to lower all of the self-induced diabetes, heart attacks, etc. The thing is, it wont work. The costs will continue to rise, and nothing is going to stop that at this point. Besides, everyone who wants it will just buy two 16 ounce sodas if they want, vs. one really big banned one.

June 1, 2012 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. BeteintertNup

medical expenses, grocery nib, enquiry payment, credit anniversary card payment, emergency expenses etc. Characteristic can appropriate looking for the amount lying from ?80 to ?1500 also in behalf of every need. [url=http://www.payday-money-online.net] payday-money-online.net[/url] least 3 months well-proportioned receipts bear, stage tempered support of being 18 years, have a valid bank account where the compensation is debited electronically and the income be compelled be more than

April 9, 2013 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply