Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

June 13th, 2012

J. Cheney Mason on how Casey Anthony passes the time: "She works out a lot"

On Tuesday, "Piers Morgan Tonight" welcomed J. Cheney Mason – the lawyer of Casey Anthony – for a revealing and candid exclusive interview.

Joined by his guest in studio, Piers Morgan asked about the reality of Anthony's daily life, as she now presumably lives in hiding:

"What will she be doing tomorrow for example?" wondered the host.

"She'll read books. She'll watch movies," Mason explained. "She of course doesn't watch the news. Though she told you she'll watch this."

Mason further revealed that his client is currently reading "The Hunger Games" trilogy, and that she also enjoys John Grisham's books. As for television, Anthony reportedly favors older black and white programs, including "I Love Lucy" and "The Three Stooges."

Watch the clip, and listen to the interview as Mason further shares the interests and activities of the 26-year-old Florida mom acquitted in the first degree murder of Caylee Anthony.
-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

1. Adeyemi

She has been found not guilty according to our legal system; the society should just try and deal with that without dehumanizing her.
    Adeyemi
    Brooklyn, NY

June 13, 2012 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • bobo

Some people just don't get it. Casey is free.

June 13, 2012 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • staytrue2him

I am thanking those jurors that Casey is NOT behind any US of A's razor wire...Serving prison time would be far too much of an honor to bestow on her.. People who do time in US prisons are usually, for the most part, convicted by due process of law...by our judicial system to preserve our freedoms-esp. that of our children...Kangaroo courts are for kangaroos and I don't presently know what we American's can do with kangaroo offenders and kangaroo lawyers.....Casey is not good enough to be called an American "inmate"....Oh NOT because she is innocent...NADA... Miss Casey will live in a far worse prison, that of PUBLIC OPINION until she is no longer with us...She is already looking 10 years older with her buck tooth veneers... Joan Rivers hair looks better on (is she in her late 70's or early 80's?) Joan Rivers...Casey looks like she is hoping to land a job with the Home Shopping Network or be the new Vanna White...

June 14, 2012 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Linda

I thought that Piers Morgan was very professional. Had he wasted our time presenting Casey as a now upstanding citizen, I would have been disappointed, but in true professional style he allowed information to be put out there and allowed us to process it in our own way. Do I believe Casey Anthony? The haunting fact is that she was willing to throw her father under the bus and strain her parents' relationship with lies in order to achieve her own selfish goal. Those are facts that cannot be overlooked.

June 13, 2012 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Jacque

So few comments (2), I don't typically watch Piers' show, but what jumps out at me is that he must be having ratings problems. The idea that any program would resurrect Casey Anthony is nothing short of nauseating. I would not waste my time to hear what she has to say. It was proven that she is a pathological liar! The idea that she is trying to refute that is insane. I personally do not want to hear anything about this person. But our media, with this interview, is attempting unfortunately yet again to elevate the lowest forms of human existence among us. I wonder why she is so sought after by the likes of CNN, while at the same time we have to watch the haneous trial of Sandusky, where this predators was allowed to bring lifelong harm to these boys. Your network has failed in the past too many times for me in inappropriate coverage, e.g., namely the purchased messaging disseminating from your network re the sitting President. I personally do not watch anymore! So Please, airing or interviewing Casey Anthony, in my view, is one way to lose the rest of your fleeting audience! And the idea that Piers" supposed phone conversation w/Casey is relevant to who - only the incompetent program and content managers at CNN!

June 13, 2012 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Free media

The media spins so much LIES no one knows what's true any more

June 13, 2012 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. MJC

No matter what the jury says, she killed that baby. I thought Pierce would not stoop so low as to get ratings and money to give Anthony any airway. What a sad day it is for Pierce. I hope the money you paid her and her lawyer was worth it. I just joined the ranks of those viewers who left your show.

June 13, 2012 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Tltb

Wow, ratings must be really low Pierce. How pathetic. She is just testing the waters to gauge public opinion in hopes she can do the big interview. My question is, why would anyone bite? She is a habitual liar. You cannot believe a word that comes out of her mouth. She will never tell the truth about what happened to Caylee, and that's fine with me. I don't care if she crawls in a hole and never comes out. BUT for someone to pay her a dime to tell her lies is disgusting. I think anyone that chooses to do this interview will be sorry in the end. It will not be worth all the backlash and loss of viewers.

June 13, 2012 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • bobo

It's your choice to not watch the show. It's a sad day when people are fine with trial by media.

June 13, 2012 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. bmurphy1967

Odd how All the people who watch talk shows (not fact based) Claim they don't want to read, watch or hear anything about Casey yet they are the first to comment on articles about her.
    Most people with common sense Know she didn't kill her baby, but know also that she made 2 very big mistakes that are Her's to live with. The jury made the right decision.
    People actually believed the lies, like the syringe with chloroform, that was a lie among many other things.
    At the same time this happened, a woman killed and dismembered her baby, and Nobody Cared about that. They only cared that Casey Lied to Police. After working for years in the criminal justice field I can tell you, Casey Is Not The First!
    People need to get real and stop this lynch mob behavior. After all the hateful mean evil things that come out of peoples mouths, than they Think themselves better.

June 14, 2012 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. helene

i watch piers' show regularly, and think he does a fine job with interviews.....asking the tough questions. frankly though, very disappointed he and the network chose to air this ridiculous segment on casey anthony, with her lying lawyer on the air. the next time casey anthony wants to redeem her behavior, she should come on the air live. piers speaking for her was an insult to my intelligence as a viewer....the network thought this format would fly.......i turned the segment off after 5 minutes. she is still the liar and murderer she was years ago....she should have taken the stand to tell the world what happened to her daughter. she is still hiding behind the likes of networks who continue to give her press for ratings, without having her face the public. as an aside, who the heck cares how much she weighs!!

June 14, 2012 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Isabellep Maribethv

I visited a lot of website but I think this one has got something special in it. "My view is that one should not break up a winning combination." by Richard Milhous Nixon.

July 8, 2012 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Karie

That so-called lawyer is a complete moron...did not deserve the airtime!!!!!!

January 31, 2013 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Karie

The jury found her NOT GUILTY.....not INNOCENT.....many jurors stated they thought she did it!!!!

January 31, 2013 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply