Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

Tonight: David Maraniss, author of "Barack Obama: The Story"
June 18th, 2012

Tonight: David Maraniss, author of "Barack Obama: The Story"

Coming up this evening at 9 p.m., "Piers Morgan Tonight" welcomes author and journalist David Maraniss for a candid and revealing look at his new book, "Barack Obama: The Story."

Having delved into topics ranging from Bill Clinton to Vince Lomabrdi, and the Virginia Tech tragedy to Vietnam in the sixties, Maraniss' newest work is fueled by his unparalleled access to America's 44th president.

Described as "a seminal book that will redefine a president," the Pulitzer Prize winner takes readers through Obama's early years, beginning both in Kansas, and Kenya.

Tune in this evening at 9 p.m. for a face to face interview with the author who set out to create a book which "chronicles as never before the forces that shaped the first black president of the United States."
-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: The Piers Morgan Interview
  1. Christine Still

Look, Piers, we know you're British but learn to pronounce the Presiden't name, it's Bar Rock', Ok? And, Mr. Maraniss, I think Elliot would tern over in his grave. Now is not the time to be tossing meaningless trivia at the President. Too many will take your book as gospel and if, as you say, you're a historian, what an odd time for this to come out. What are you, a Republican???

June 18, 2012 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • John Smith

What are you? A socialist?!

June 19, 2012 at 7:39 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. John Smith

Why would I read this book vs. Obama's own books? I think "DA PREZ" has already told me enough to last me a lifetime.

June 19, 2012 at 7:37 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Ricky

Why does Barack Obama hate traditional American values ?

June 19, 2012 at 8:56 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jerri Libert

He doesn't. Always get your facts straight.

June 19, 2012 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Nwvotes

Are you interested in reading David Maraniss's book 'Barack Obama: The Story' to learn more about the 44th U.S. president? Vote at Nationwidevotes.com

June 19, 2012 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Sam

Erma, I appreciate you sahirng your story. My husband also had multiple myeloma and although he didn't have a donor marrow transplant, he was the recipient of numerous blood and platelet transfusions. He would never have survived the 7 1/2 years without those wonderful donors. My kids and I appreciated every minute we had with him.I agree with Diane, too, give top priority to those willing to donate and there will be no shortage.To everyone out there, if you can donate, please sign up for the marrow registry, please donate blood at your local blood center, and please sign up for organ donation. What a wonderful way to give of yourself!To Erma, God bless you and your kids always!

July 31, 2012 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Randy Henney

I can say that barck obama is one of the best presidents that we ever have. I think that he can improve the economy in the future.`*;'"

Newest short article coming from our new website

October 10, 2012 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply