Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

June 22nd, 2012

Dr. James Martin on new allegations by Sandusky's adopted son

Last night Piers Morgan talked with defense character witness and friend of Jerry Sandusky, Dr. James Martin. Sandusky's adopted son Matt Sandusky's attorney came forward yesterday with information that Matt was also allegedly abused as a kid.

"I'm not all that shocked by a kid who at the beginning of the trial is for him [Sandusky] – at the end of the trial is against him," Martin said. "That doesn't say much to his stability."

Martin noted he was dissapointed in Matt's decision to come forward as he believes Sandusky provided a "chance at life beyond what he [Matt] was going to have."

He was not shocked to hear him come forward:

"These kids come from bad backgrounds and you know they don't always tell the truth or a straight story and they change camps obviously on a regular basis so that doesn't provide a whole lot of credibility."

Stay tuned to "Piers Morgan Tonight" as we await a verdict in the Jerry Sandusky trial.

-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

1. ivonete da silva

I can not judge. But to be adopted son is very sad in some cases.

June 22, 2012 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • In God We Trust, all others Bring Data

That is true. I think it may have been especially hard for him to come forward as S may have been one of the only people he felt cared about him.

Abused children love their parents. It may not make sense but it's true

I certainly believe Matt

June 22, 2012 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Agencias eventos Madrid

Great issues altogether, you just won a brand new reader. What would you recommend about your publish that you made a few days ago? Any sure?

June 22, 2012 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. turismo rural en Alicante

You could definitely see your skills in the paintings you write. The arena hopes for more passionate writers like you who aren't afraid to say how they believe. Always go after your heart.

June 22, 2012 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. material de oficina

I'll immediately grab your rss as I can't to find your email subscription link or e-newsletter service. Do you've any? Please permit me realize in order that I may just subscribe. Thanks.

June 22, 2012 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Jim

That's right, Dr. Martin...blame the kids!!

June 25, 2012 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Excursiones en bicicleta por Madrid

I was suggested this blog by my cousin. I'm no longer sure whether this post is written by way of him as no one else recognize such special about my trouble. You are incredible! Thank you!

September 4, 2012 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply