Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For June 25, 2012 – Tropical Storm Debby stalls in Gulf of Mexico, Egypt's new president vows unity and a coin toss may determine Olympics slot after photo finish...
• Tropical Storm Debby stalls in Gulf of Mexico: "Stalled off the Florida coast, Tropical Storm Debby was dumping unrelenting rain on the state Monday, causing flooding amid high winds and a continuing threat of tornadoes. The storm has already killed at least one person after apparent tornadoes struck central Florida on Sunday, officials said."
• Egypt's new president vows unity, but powers are limited: "The hopes of the Egyptian revolution resting on President-Elect Mohamed Morsi's shoulders, the former Muslim Brotherhood member faces an array of challenges both at home and abroad. For the moment, the presidency is largely a figurehead position as Egypt's Supreme Council of the Armed Forces (SCAF) maintains widespread control over the country."
• Congress ready for high court's health care decisions: "No matter how the Supreme Court rules on the challenge to the health care law, it will only be a matter of minutes after that ruling is announced before attention shifts back across the street to the Capitol and to what happens next there."
• Europe's gloom to weigh on U.S.: "U.S. stocks were headed for a lower open Monday as worries about Europe remained at the forefront ahead of a key meeting of continent leaders later in the week. All eyes will be firmly fixed on Europe this week, which culminates with a key two-day EU summit starting Thursday. Expectations are running high for leaders to put together a concrete plan."
• Coin toss may determine Olympics slot after photo finish: "With three places up for grabs on the U.S. Olympic track team, two women tied for third place in the women's 100 meters on Sunday - crossing the line at exactly the same time - which means the coveted Olympic spot could be decided by a coin toss."