Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

June 27th, 2012

Cable Exclusive Tonight: Rielle Hunter

Coming up this evening at 9 p.m., "Piers Morgan Tonight" welcomes Rielle Hunter for a revealing and candid cable exclusive interview.

On the heels of her new book, "What Really Happened: John Edwards, Our Daughter, and Me," Hunter will open up on her extramarital affair with the former presidential candidate and their love child, daughter Frances Quinn.

Tune in this evening at 9 p.m. for a conversation with the woman who says her romantic relationship with the former North Carolina senator is officially over.
-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: The Piers Morgan Interview
  1. Marcella

Maybe you can ask her why she feels it is her place to portray Elizabeth in a negative way, per I am sure Johnny's opinion, in her book. I think if I found out my husband was cheating on me, I would not always be perfect at home, as obviously Johnny or his mistress proved they are no angels either.

June 27, 2012 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • jen

Has anyone asked Rielle if she considered how the book would affect John's other daughter? How narcissistic and inconsiderate to write a 'tell all' - talk about throwing salt in the wounds of john's "other" children. If John was willing to stay with her after this move, he is the biggest sucker on earth. Please don't buy her book....it's all part of her master plan to be rich and relevant at any cost...

June 27, 2012 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Dont buy the book

She is trying to make money using people that she already caused pain.
      The only reality about this woman is that she slept with the husband of a woman who was dying of cancer.

DON'T BUY THE BOOK....She can make money as an escort. If she find another idiot as John.

June 28, 2012 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. WhoCares

Seriously?
    Why do people care about this?

What a friggen waste of time

June 27, 2012 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Carol

Good question. I don't know why anyone cares about Johnny's Sk**k.

June 27, 2012 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. TX M an

Because she's HOT

June 27, 2012 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Pavi

Hot, if you are into animals, aka dogs. Why these men go for dogs i will never figure out.

June 27, 2012 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Didi

Those who are enticed by such "women" are self centered obnoxious and downright evil..that's what....plain and simple. I truly hope people like JE think 100 times before they take their leap to their spiritual deaths.

June 28, 2012 at 2:02 am | Report abuse |
    • Carol

You think she's hot? Wow, I guess it's a masculine point of view. I think she is a revolting cheap pos. That does not leave Edwards off the hook. People that think she broke up the marriage are dead wrong. Edwards broke up the marriage and ruined his career over this creep.

June 27, 2012 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Marie

If she's so HOT, why did he dump her??

June 27, 2012 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Ry

Very simply, he's done with that freak show. ...on to the next.

June 29, 2012 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
  4. ConanB

I agree John Edwards should cherish the relationship he has with Rieller Hunter.... He has a second chance to be happy!!!!

June 27, 2012 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Pam

I agree with ConanB that everyone deserves a second chance. Some people are so quick to judge and they don't know what went on in that marriage all those years. Rielle has the most beautiful eyes. I am looking very forward to the interview on Piers Morgan tonight. I hope he will be kinder to her than the women on "The Talk" were today.

June 27, 2012 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • onoudont

Why should Piers be kind to her? He's a journalist, she's a money grubbing tramp. I hope he's done his homework and questions her on every sordid thing she said and did. "the most beautiful eyes"- you have got to be joking.

June 27, 2012 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Hazel Cox

You're right. Rielle Hunter is a tramp. Who cares whether she's got nice eyes? What's that got to do with it? I think the smirk on her face is more important as she tells one lie after another. I hope she gets what she deserves. All she's worried about now is selling her book and hoping that support payments for her child keep coming in. Piers Morgan did a great job tonight.

June 27, 2012 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jack

John – stop posting.

June 27, 2012 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • sawtheTalk

I saw the interview on the Talk and the women were extraordinarily kind to Rielle. They could have, and possibly should have been much tougher on her regarding her motives.

June 28, 2012 at 7:46 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Concerned123

Whatever was going on in that marriage all those years was between John and Elizabeth. If John was not happy, he should have divorced Elizabeth before starting an affair with Rielle or any other woman. If Rielle had any respect for herself or Elizabeth, she would not have have the affair in the first place.

June 28, 2012 at 8:09 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Ry

I hope he drills her straight between the eyes. In order to sell her books, she has put herself right in the firing line...get out the bubbling tar and feathers, and let's have a party!

June 29, 2012 at 9:31 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. onoudont

Piers-say it aint so!! Not you!! Oprah yes, Dr. Phil, yes, those scary women on the View, yes. But not you. Oh, the humanity!!

June 27, 2012 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. vananderlecht

Please...........................not again. This is torture.

June 27, 2012 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. vananderlecht

Please......Have mercy on us all. No one cares what she has to say this is torture.

June 27, 2012 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Sue

Not only did someone publish a book by this (expletive deleted), you are going to give her air time on CNN Another ratings disaster. is this all you can get these days? If so fold your tent and steal away into the night. Why don't you get John Edwards on to explain why he is a feather duster .

June 27, 2012 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. jean

This show is swirling the drain.She has absolutely no shame. To write a book and give interviews is in such bad taste. In my opinion Edwards and Hunter are two narcissist that deserve each other.
    CNN must not think much of it's audience.

June 27, 2012 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Yolanda

Piers, Please, if you have to interview this delusional narcissist make sure you call her out on all her inane excuses for her behavior. She has shown no respect, love, or concern for the young Edwards' children. They are taunted at school because of her and their father. Elizabeth Edwards died a much quicker death due to their selfish, tawdry behavior. When will this country stop rewarding bad behavior? Take a look at any message board to see what the public really thinks of her.

June 27, 2012 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. chiantireserva

REALLY? Piers....don't need to go here with this trash putz. PULL THE PLUG. She is a complete homewrecker and yes...people are mean...and she can get herself and her new nose job real use to it. She's a looser..she made her decision to be a 3rd party and...the party is over.

June 27, 2012 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. chiantireserva

SHE IS SO DUMB AND EVASIVE....END THIS INTERVIEW...NO ONE WILL BUY HER TRASHY ROTTEN BOOK ANYWAY.

June 27, 2012 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Tom Raspanti

Great interview. I think you uncovered alot about this woman. I don't think she is a very credible person. I think your line of questioning has casted a shadow on the efficacy of the book. She states John Edwards told her about his wife. I would not believe what John Edwards had said to her and publish it. Very rarely watch CNN-i usually watch Fox News; however, this was a high moment for CNN-good interview.

June 27, 2012 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. chiantireserva

In love?...stop this pitiful show...really..she is a total putz and liar who won't answer questions right. MENTAL CASE.

June 27, 2012 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  16. chiantireserva

She IS a homewrecker...why not walk when you find out this pos was married???? Has NO respect for herslef...NONE

June 27, 2012 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  17. Joyvaughn

Peirs Morgan is so frustrated at trying to get Reille Hunter to dish the dirt...Happy she did not.

June 27, 2012 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Laila Sebastiano

I so agree with you, Piers was so frustrated that I could not stand watching him, a real disaster tonight! Questions he asked Rielle was so riduculous, he should have done better or get John Edwards on the show, will Piers be as tough with him too!!!
      Also, a note to take for CNN, try to do better with your show because I do not find Piers good at all, he is losing it and
      I am not interested in this show anymore,

June 27, 2012 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  18. elizabeth

There is no way to like her; trashy and not very smart. Cunning, yes, but what a joke.

June 27, 2012 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  19. B. L. Johnson

Rielle-

I'm now firmly convinced that someone dropped you on hour head at birth. It does NOT matter if Elizabeth Edwards was a bi*** of the first order. All that matters is that she was MARRIED.

You are truly a horrific, immoral, disgusting woman.

June 27, 2012 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  20. Jo Ann Bullard

What a GREAT interview with Rielle Hunter. Your questions were right on target, so insightful and
    expressing the frustration and anger we have as Americans at the betrayal by John Edwards as
    instigated by Rielle Hunter.

June 27, 2012 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  21. Keren Arar

Piers – ask her how she feels this book will not to anything but hurt the Edwards children already more than they've been hurt by her and "Johnny."

June 27, 2012 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  22. tossup

I am thoroughly enjoying this interview. Piers has become such a good interviewer - I think that she was under the impression that she wouldn't be in the hot seat!

Regarding the previous comment about hurting the Edwards children. Do you honestly think that they have not been hurt already by their father's complete disregard for his wife who was dying of cancer! Jerk #1

PS. Pier's you've done the "Old Country" well.

June 28, 2012 at 12:49 am | Report abuse | Reply
  23. ron

Good gracious.......I cant't stand the woman and haven't even seen the program yet.

June 28, 2012 at 3:34 am | Report abuse | Reply
  24. tom

she should not have been given the opportunity to appear on CNN. I feel bad for the children involved here.

June 28, 2012 at 8:54 am | Report abuse | Reply
  25. ANNIE

SHE LOVES BEING A CELEBRITY & EARNING MILLIONS..IT'S ALL @ "HER" ...& WHAT A JERK HE IS ! THEY ARE BOTH "TOAST!" ....

June 28, 2012 at 9:18 am | Report abuse | Reply
  26. Lorraine

Riele presented 'flat' and unremittingly absent from feelings, ducked pointed questions – no empathy – where is the woman in this female????

June 28, 2012 at 10:41 am | Report abuse | Reply
  27. riamb60

From now on we have to call her by her real name which is Lisa Jo Druck.
    She tried to hide her relationship with her Johnny under a hidden name, total white trailer trash, Oh and what about the child, I have heard that a DNA was never performed, is she hiding more ?

June 28, 2012 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  28. Lee Ann

This will probably never get read by anyone who cares... I really enjoy Piers program although last nights interview with Rielle was excruciating. I left the progam a couple times... Rielle can't carry on a conversation or answer questions.. She was pathetic; which brings me to the question "who wrote her book" It's obvious she has no idea how to express herself.. Very painful interview to say the least.

June 28, 2012 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  29. Darci

I CRINGED during the entire interview. This woman is the EPITOME of AMORAL. I thought Rielle could not portray herself worse than she already did – but Pier's did an excellent job of exposing her to her most basis level – EVIL – lacking in Sympathy -Empathy – or Compassion for another human being. If she really loved JE – she would have NEVER done this. To denigrate a dead woman to make herself look better (whether it is true or not) – and make money from it – is BEYOND evil and self-serving. How does she EXPECT a woman – upon hearing her husband of 30 years is having an affair – much less a baby – to act or feel. The pain EE endured over this is equivalent to the loss of her son. And all the while battling TERMINAL cancer.

Rielle really comes across as STUPID – DUMB – CLUELESS – AMORAL and EVIL. She is truly a woman SCORNED!! I really feel for ALL the children. Because of Rielle's action – those children will face even more turmoil and pain in their lives. The ONLY way JE can possibly redeem himself (even a little) is to leave this sorry excuse for a human being (not even a woman) alone. May God be with them and grant them PEACE from the total destruction this person – by her actions alone – has caused. I must now conclude than Rielle is MORE evil than JE.

June 28, 2012 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  30. letty

I hated last night interview and really i think Pierce is a totally bad journalist CNN ratings are going down it's time to get somebody else on the show I have beer reading that piers ratings are a disaster , please replace him we need more interesting programing

June 28, 2012 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • tcp

please don't post anymore we can't, understand because you lack any punctuation and you don't use the right grammar Pierce doesn't like bad posts neither does piers where are you from you totally don't know how to write

June 29, 2012 at 10:09 am | Report abuse | Reply
  31. Mar

This entire story should be mandatory for all future politicians and high level executives, judges etc. DO NOT REPEAT this scenario. I 'sort of' feel sorry for Edwards in that he had no idea just how bad things could/would and do go only because of his choice to allow himself to stray from his marital commitments – that one mistake cost him EVERYTHING – his chance at the presidency, his marriage, his reputation, his career, his integrity, and now, even this less than ideal 'relationship'… it lost him RESPECT across the board. She did not really lose anything until now – and I don't think that is a huge loss for her anyway – she will always have a connection to him, his child, and regular monthly payments…. It is such a shame, really! No one wins!

June 28, 2012 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  32. Miriam

Piers – great interview – those two idiots deserve each other that's for sure. A roll in the hay the 1st night Rielle meets a man knowing full well who he is and current status running for President! That is stuck in STUPID – she has no decency! Sure would not want Rielle any where near those younger Edwards kids – Quinn will pay such a price. However, thanks go out to the oldest daughter of Elizabeth she does deserve a round of applause for standing up and being counted on behalf of her deceased mother. Her Dad has plenty of money but she stood loyal to Mom took – so not like the Gingrich girls who preferred the bucks just ignored their Mother! mts

June 29, 2012 at 1:56 am | Report abuse | Reply
  33. davis wang

Rielle Hunter can be a good mom and wife for John. I'm sure she'll get along with his kids.

June 29, 2012 at 9:10 am | Report abuse | Reply
  34. Faith

I saw the interview she gave on "The View" the other day. I believe she really did and still loves John. However, I think that writing bad things about a woman who is dead and can not defend herself is just wrong. She should think about Elizabeth's children. Even if the things she said about her are true (which they very well may be...none of us out there in blogsville knows for sure), those kids have already gone through the pain of losing their mother, and now having someone trash her in print is absolutely disgusting.

June 29, 2012 at 9:28 am | Report abuse | Reply
  35. Tx Man

I wish she could get a reality TV show about her life and her struggles. And she's HOT. Poor John Edwards he blew it...

June 29, 2012 at 10:17 am | Report abuse | Reply
  36. ConanB

I agree .... with you Tx Man. I would like to see more of her story "Poor Thing". I found the interview very interesting and thought she did a great job. PLEASE EVERYONE BE KIND TO HER SO SHE CAN BE A TV MORE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 29, 2012 at 10:23 am | Report abuse | Reply
  37. Ed

This must be the moment in Mr. Morgan's career when he finally realizes that the smell that bothers him isn't just the poop he stepped in on the sidewalk.

June 29, 2012 at 10:41 am | Report abuse | Reply
  38. sewa mobil pengantin surabaya

Hey there, I just wanted to let you know, I have linked to your site with a dofollow link so my visitors can come and see your blog. I come to your site on a pretty regular basis and I figure that since I enjoy reading your blog, others will too. Thanks and keep on adding. cctv camera di jogja

July 5, 2012 at 4:25 am | Report abuse | Reply
  39. Pam

Glad Piers Morgan didn't let Lisa Jo Druck off the hook! Now go away Lisa Jo, and don't come back.

August 27, 2012 at 7:17 am | Report abuse | Reply