READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For June 27, 2012 – Colorado wildfire of 'epic proportions' displaces 32,000, George Zimmerman missed opportunities to defuse situation and Nora Ephron, prolific writer and filmmaker, dies at age 71..
• Colorado wildfire of 'epic proportions' displaces 32,000: "Firefighters again will battle inferno-like conditions on Wednesday as they try to tame an explosive wildfire that has already chased some 32,000 residents from their homes near Colorado Springs, Colorado."
• George Zimmerman missed opportunities to defuse situation: "George Zimmerman failed to identify himself twice during a confrontation with Trayvon Martin and missed opportunities to defuse the situation that led to the death of the teen, a detective says in a newly released report."
• Rep. Charlie Rangel declares victory in New York primary bid back to square one: "Rep. Charlie Rangel declared victory Tuesday in a Democratic primary to represent a redrawn New York district, capping a tale of political survival for the iconic lawmaker. Rangel's congressional career spanning more than four decades nearly culminated after a censure on the House floor in 2010."
• Stocks gains as investors await European summit: "U.S. stocks opened higher Wednesday,as investors around the globe awaited a key European summit. Dow Jones industrial average (INDU) added 45 points, or 0.3%, the S&P 500 rose (SPX) 6 points, or 0.4% and the Nasdaq (COMP) gained 12 points, or 0.4%."
• Nora Ephron, prolific writer and filmmaker, dies at age 71: "Ephron died Tuesday surrounded by relatives at a New York hospital, where she was undergoing treatment for acute myeloid leukemia, her family said in a statement."
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter
Forget skin color. A 240 pound man in his late 20s pursues a 150 pound boy of 17. A scuffle ensues, the man shoots and kills the boy. What's wrong with this picture?
There was no threat to the man's life. The man followed the boy after being told not to. The boy is dead because the man decided to kill him. Both would be living today, had the man not figured on "getting off" by invoking the new law of stand your ground aka when in doubt, shoot to kill.
Notify me of new comments via email.