Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For June 27, 2012 – Colorado wildfire of 'epic proportions' displaces 32,000, George Zimmerman missed opportunities to defuse situation and Nora Ephron, prolific writer and filmmaker, dies at age 71..
• Colorado wildfire of 'epic proportions' displaces 32,000: "Firefighters again will battle inferno-like conditions on Wednesday as they try to tame an explosive wildfire that has already chased some 32,000 residents from their homes near Colorado Springs, Colorado."
• George Zimmerman missed opportunities to defuse situation: "George Zimmerman failed to identify himself twice during a confrontation with Trayvon Martin and missed opportunities to defuse the situation that led to the death of the teen, a detective says in a newly released report."
• Rep. Charlie Rangel declares victory in New York primary bid back to square one: "Rep. Charlie Rangel declared victory Tuesday in a Democratic primary to represent a redrawn New York district, capping a tale of political survival for the iconic lawmaker. Rangel's congressional career spanning more than four decades nearly culminated after a censure on the House floor in 2010."
• Stocks gains as investors await European summit: "U.S. stocks opened higher Wednesday,as investors around the globe awaited a key European summit. Dow Jones industrial average (INDU) added 45 points, or 0.3%, the S&P 500 rose (SPX) 6 points, or 0.4% and the Nasdaq (COMP) gained 12 points, or 0.4%."
• Nora Ephron, prolific writer and filmmaker, dies at age 71: "Ephron died Tuesday surrounded by relatives at a New York hospital, where she was undergoing treatment for acute myeloid leukemia, her family said in a statement."