Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

June 28th, 2012

Nora Ephron's close friends remember and honor her legacy

In the aftermath of Nora Ephron's passing, on Wednesday Piers Morgan welcomed two of her closest friends – Barbara Walters and Arianna Huffington – to share their memories of the acclaimed screenwriter.

Producing a list drafted by Ephron, Walters shared a collection of the things she insisted she wound not miss upon passing:

"Dry skin, Clarence Thomas, the sound of the vacuum cleaner, and panels on women in film."

Contrarily, Walters presented an assortment of things her dear friend wrote she would miss:

"Taking a bath, coming over the bridge on the way to Manhattan, pie, my kids and [her husband] Nick."

Kept in the dark about the severity of her friends illness, Huffington understood why Ephron was so private:

"She didn't want it to color the life she was living and the interactions with friends and how everybody related to her," explained the woman behind The Huffington Post. "I mean it's an amazing decision. I can't imagine taking it. But it was again part of who she was."

The mind behind such classic films as "Sleepless in Seattle" and "When Harry Met Sally," Ephron's genius was multilayered:

"There were so many different sides of her," noted Walters, the creator of "The View." "The sardonic, the cynical, the funny, the loving. I mean, you name the adjective, and it fit her. And she was a great talent."

Surrounded by relatives in a hospital, Ephron succumbed to pneumonia, at the age of 71.
-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

1. Nick

She will be missed.

June 28, 2012 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Roxycodone

You are in reality a just right webmaster. The website loading velocity is amazing. It kind of feels that you're doing any distinctive trick. Moreover, The contents are masterwork. you have done a excellent activity on this matter!

June 30, 2012 at 5:05 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. OneTake

Thanks , I have just been searching for info approximately this subject for ages and yours is the best I've came upon till now. But, what in regards to the bottom line? Are you positive in regards to the source?|What i do not realize is in fact how you're now not really much more well-liked than you might be right now. You are very intelligent.

June 30, 2012 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. gode tilbud

Thanks for any other informative web site. The place else could I am getting that kind of info written in such a perfect method? I've a venture that I am just now working on, and I've been on the look out for such info.

July 1, 2012 at 2:22 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Comcast Cable TV Chicago Illinois

You can certainly see your enthusiasm in the paintings you write. The world hopes for more passionate writers such as you who are not afraid to mention how they believe. At all times go after your heart.

July 1, 2012 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. significato dei sogni

Complimenti per l’ottimo lavoro di ricerca

July 3, 2012 at 4:31 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. significato dei nomi

grazie..

July 3, 2012 at 4:38 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. AROT

You actually make it seem really easy together with your presentation however I to find this topic to be actually something which I think I might by no means understand. It seems too complex and very huge for me. I am taking a look forward to your subsequent submit, I'll try to get the hold of it!

July 3, 2012 at 4:52 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Gutter Guard

I'm now not positive the place you're getting your information, but great topic. I needs to spend some time studying much more or working out more. Thank you for magnificent information I used to be in search of this info for my mission.

July 3, 2012 at 9:16 am | Report abuse | Reply