READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For June 29, 2012 – Colorado wildfire turns deadly; President Barack Obama plans visit, Kofi Annan optimistic as world leaders prepare for latest talks on Syria and NBA draft night winners, losers...
• Colorado fire toll: 1 dead, at least 1 missing, 346 homes destroyed: "The fire has scorched more than 16,700 acres and is still threatening 20,000 homes and 160 businesses. President Barack Obama plans to visit Colorado Springs on Friday to survey the damage."
• Annan optimistic as world leaders prepare for latest talks on Syria: "International envoy Kofi Annan expressed optimism Friday that the latest talks on the crisis in Syria will yield 'an appropriate outcome' despite a failed peace plan and relentless violence in the Middle East nation."
• Health care ruling gives GOP new attack line: "Taxes took center stage in renewed Republican attacks on the Obama administration's sweeping health care legislation Thursday after the Supreme Court rebuffed attempts to derail it based on its constitutionality."
• European leaders reach key deal on banks: "European leaders reached a 'breakthrough' deal early Friday to ease the recapitalization of struggling banks that should help draw the eurozone back from the brink of a gathering crisis."
• NBA draft night winners, losers: "Winners in Thursday's NBA draft included the Hornets, Celtics and 76ers."