Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

July 6th, 2012

Kyra Sedgwick on Bernie Madoff: "I see him as a sick man...he has a horrible life at this point"

Coming up this evening at 9 p.m., "Piers Morgan Tonight" welcomes Kyra Sedgwick for a revealing and entertaining face to face interview.

Currently gearing up for the final season of the TNT crime drama "The Closer," the actress offers candid commentary on a non-fictional crook, sharing her perspective on Bernie Madoff:

"I see him as a - a sick man. And I - and I see us as you - adults who made a choice," she says of the former businessman and admitted operator of the largest financial fraud in American history.

Sedgwick and her husband, actor Kevin Bacon, were among those who fell victim to Madoff's Ponzi scheme, losing an unspecified amount of money. For her part however, the 46-year-old has moved on:

"I see a lot of people that are so much worse off than we are. And I think that, you know, $%!* happens," she tells Piers Morgan. "He has a horrible life at this point."

Switching gears from those in the big house, to those in the White House, the woman behind the character Deputy Chief Brenda Leigh Johnson isn't acting when she talks about the president:

"I love Obama. I think that he's done some extraordinary things. I think he's had a really, really hard time of it," she allows. "I think that he's been blamed for things that were not on his watch. And I think that given a second term, I think that he will be bolder."

Stating that she will absolutely vote for the incumbent come November, Sedgwick would like to see more citizens make their way to the polls:

"I get flummoxed by the idea that - that we are all not voting, that it isn't, that it's such a small percentage of the country that's actually voting," says the Golden Globe award winner. "It's the one - one of the few things that we can do to actually make a difference."

Watch the clip, listen to the interview, then tune in this evening at 9 p.m., as Sedgwick shares private details of her relationship with Bacon, and teases tidbits from the upcoming final season of "The Closer."
-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: The Piers Morgan Interview
  1. johnyou31

Oh look. There's piers Morgan interviewing another communist. Surprise.

July 6, 2012 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. john

Congratulations for being the most shallow show on CNN – who cares what actresses/actors have to say about important issues ?? There are so many interesting people in the world and you invite these Hollywood showbiz people who are trying to sound 'deep' boring us with their thick interpretation of the social problems of America – is this 'entertainment tonight'???? Next up Paris Hilton? What don't you ask her to analyze racism and social inequality in modern America or the Arab Spring. Take some examples from serious journalists like BBC's 'Hardtalk' or are your producers making you interview these people to cater to 'dumb America' and we are paying the price for that – what a waste of TV airtime. This is the last time I am watching your program.

July 6, 2012 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. karen

Piers, when your show began you spent more time, longer interviews with interesting people. For years I watched Larry King and enjoyed the quality time she spent with people. You started out similarly but now it is a revolving door of uninteresting conversations. And please if you ask one more person "if they could relive one moment in their life....." how about something a little more original.

July 7, 2012 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Wilson Jackson

I have lost a substantial amount of respect for CNN. Piers Morgan is a ridiculous excuse of an interviewer. We have a British man aspiring to obtain stature in American society, while embarrassing himself. His antics were tolerable when judging morons performing for entertainment. I'm very disappointed this joker, Piers, has made it to CNN, and I am disappointed in CNN for selecting such an individual to represent them.

July 8, 2012 at 12:39 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Michael

This is a woman that commutes from Connecticut to California for her job. I assume she travels by jet; perhaps a private jet. Yet she is adamantly against the Keystone pipeline. Does she think her jet runs on solar power? What she thinks is that no matter how expensive the price of energy becomes she will always be able to afford it. It is the rest of us that won't.

July 8, 2012 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. DONALD

REST IN PEACE ERNEST BORGNINE..LOVED HM IN "MARTY"..SO MANY LONELY PEOPLE IN THE WORLD ...

July 8, 2012 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. ML

Another irresponsible attempt by a celebrity to persuade their audience with unintelligible responses about a president who will destroy the children in this country with his arrogant choices he's made since being in office then any pipeline would. Kyra couldn't give one intelligent answer on why she would vote for Obama or why she didn't support Romney. "I love Obama!" really? Why? Have you any idea the lies this man has told to the american people! Very Disappointing!

July 15, 2012 at 10:45 am | Report abuse | Reply