Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

July 11th, 2012

Robert Blake gets angry: "Nobody tells me I'm a liar"

Coming up at 9pm on "Piers Morgan Tonight," Piers Morgan sits down for a heated and exclusive interview with Robert Blake. The former star of “Baretta” and “In Cold Blood” is out with his own memoir detailing the successes and failures of both his acting career and his personal life.

Blake was arrested in 2002, almost a year after the murder of his wife Bonny Lee Bakley—a charge for which he was acquitted of in 2005. When Morgan said he wasn’t sure if the actor was telling the truth about the events surrounding her death, Blake and the host had a fiery exchange:

“Well, tell me where I'm lying, because if you don't know I'm telling you the truth, then you must have a little scratch in the back of your head about where I'm lying,” Blake shouted. “Tell me where I’m lying.”

“I’m not saying you’re lying,” Morgan told him, but was unable to placate the irate entertainer.

“You said I might not be telling the truth. What the hell is the difference?” Blake roared back. He eventually calmed down, citing his “thin skin” as the reason for his seemingly hysterical response.

“I've never allowed anybody to ask me the questions that you're asking,” Blake told him sullenly. “I allowed you to do that because I trust you. And I would have assumed that you and that guy in your ear would trust me. And if you don't, then we'd better start talking about 'The Little Rascals.'"

This snippet of their long conversation is just the tip of the iceberg. For more tune into "Piers Morgan Tonight" at 9:00 p.m.
-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

1. Griff.

"Never realised, even though I've watched the video many times. Whether it was Jimmy Tarbuck, Cliff Richards, or Susan Boyle. I wasn't until I borrowed the book "Dreams can come true' that I watched the 'Susan Boyle' video again.
    And there you were! I also watched the ITV profile you MS'd of Susan! I guess dreams also started for you at that time?"

July 11, 2012 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Schmidthead

WHAAAA?

July 11, 2012 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Angela

Piers was extremely inappropriate with his treatment of Robert Blake. His questioning was mean, dispassionate, unyielding, and utterly cruel to another human being. Viewers, I think, wanted to know about his life, his book, his struggles, his overcoming of a tragedy. Let us treat each other with mercy, decency and gentleness on this journey of life. The inhumaness of Piers was upsetting to me. Because of his considerable unkindness and lack of goodwill to a fellow person, I will not be watching Piers in future.

July 20, 2012 at 3:47 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • CDB

I agree with some of your comments. If it was agreed the interview would be about topics in Mr. Blakes book, then Piers violated that agreement. I was irate about Piers kind of suggesting Blake was guilty of killing his wife because the cicil suit was won. The justice system for crimes he was found not guilty. A civil suit is about money. From the several times I have served on civil suit juries, it seems whoever has money should be punished.

I believe Mr. Blake handeled himself well. He may be excentric but in my opinion is totally sane. He has passion and has been through a lot of emotional situations in his life. I hope he gets his wish to star in the best movie he has ever made.

August 19, 2012 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
      • Kim

Piers had the perfect opportunity to showcase what Post Traumatic Stress is like when someone like Blake is exposed and destroyed by a predator that systematically stalks their prey.

September 8, 2012 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
      • Sabrina

I agree with you. Mr Blake bared his soul, and he does not deserve to be disrespected like that. I doubt that he ever saw it coming, he trusted Pier. What a jerk that guy is.

September 16, 2012 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
      • Rob

Yeah, Pierce Morgans inhumaneness was nearly as bad as Blakes murder of his wife. I dont blame you for no longer viewing him. Maybe you can kick back with a tall boy and catch a viddy of the lil rascals...?

September 30, 2012 at 7:23 am | Report abuse |
      • margerry bakley

Hhehehehehheehe Snort ROTFLMAO hehehehee !!!

September 30, 2012 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
      • sherry

You go girl!!! I like you guts and spunk! Bottom line, Pierce is rude and one sided!! The understanding of the word "mercy" ... he must use it for himself only! It isn't for him to "judge" another. Can you imagine the skeltons in his closet? I appreciate your boldness!!

October 27, 2012 at 1:13 am | Report abuse |
    • Brock

Just a couple of reminders for everyone who's ACTUALLY interested in THE TRUTH ( because you won't get it from any of the Bakley's, that's for sure – too much of Blake's money on the line )

August 26, 2012 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. fOX

Seriously, cover up that wrinkled skin suit.

July 11, 2012 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mel

Seriously, how old are you,...before you know it you'll be in a "wrinkled skin suit" ...Time doesn't stop for anyone...

July 12, 2012 at 11:46 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • janice

strange comment, since Piers' face looks like a crumpled up napkin.

July 13, 2012 at 5:25 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. john

Oh my God..Robert Blake is a nut case...I thought he and Morgan were going to pummel each other...

July 11, 2012 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • MIguel

Watch out Piers, he already had someone else murdered. Oh, did I say that aloud?

October 5, 2012 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Anonymous

Robert Blake asked Piers the question first. "Do you think I am lying?" It was a loaded, manipulative question that suddenly put the onus on Piers. Robert Blake made a power grab and maintained it from there on. How else could Piers answer but to say, "I don't know, are you?" To me Robert Blake is a scary person. Growing up I had to be around a person like him. A master manipulator who played games with people. To my way of thinking, Blake seeded the conversation with snares to grab and maintain the power position. I would never want to talk to this man, much less be sitting in a chair across from him. Or ever have him angry at me. Unless you have been around people like that you may not notice the subtle points. He was too cold and fast to lash out in a controlled way. He was telling Piers who was in control. The look on Piers face tells it all.

October 9, 2012 at 12:03 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Ratched

I hate that nasty pink shirt he's wearing. It's just awful. Wait, that's not a shirt! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

July 11, 2012 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. melissa

Seems like he is suffering from some mental illness.

July 11, 2012 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • janice

if you are talking about Pus Morgan, i would agree. he has a grandiose complex, and lives in a delusional world where he thinks anything he says is actually relevant, while exhibiting antisocial behavior to everyone he interviews. no wonder he is the most hated man on television (bill o'reilly has softened in recent years). congrats Morgan you are worse than Oreilly now. its no wonder all the viewers are leaving cnn, and turning to msnbc instead.

July 13, 2012 at 5:30 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • diana

Piers is a fair interviewer – his accent makes him look pompous..he can't help that. Do i think he is as good as Larry King – different styles..do i think he was a good replacement for Larry no..but i still like him and think he is a good man.

July 14, 2012 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
      • Karen

When robert Blake did not want to talk about a crime he was acxquitted of and wanted to talk about the positive part of his life that idiot Piers Morgan kept going there and to ask someone if they are mentally all there on national tv is just rude. he needs to stay in England. I am not saying Robert Blake is perfect but it was Piers Morgan who was the idiot in that interview. I would have been angry too if I was asked the questions he was asked in the manner they were asked.

July 14, 2012 at 11:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Elmer

- LOVED Samm's shots of you and your hubby, Gladys. The connection and joy betewen you and Chris is almost tangible. I adore your big beautiful smile!

October 10, 2012 at 5:46 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Sharon W

I won't watch the show tonight. Robert Blake has been like this since the murder of his wife. When he had his show which I can't remember the name of it. He was a dectective. Please don't show this as a re-run. Piers has questionable people on and really drills them to his own liking. But "Baretta"; Robert Blake's show acts like a criminal himself as the criminals he delt with on his show. I would give this a faling grae of a show – Blake needs some very serious mental help – to many things going on in his head; and maybe voices. He acts as though he haunted by his wife's deathl, drug, or drink or all that was mentioned. Very sad, and strange.

July 11, 2012 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Saw the interview

If you were arrested, jailed and pronounced guilty by the police for your spouses murder, even before you were tried, and on top of all that lost everything you ever had including your career and future, you probably would have been a nut case too.

July 12, 2012 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • margerry bakley

He was a nut case before the murder and the police arrest suspects everyday and incarcerate and bail is decided upon the evidence and weight of charge and likelihood ,ways and means of fleeing before a trial can be had. He was suspect on lying in wait which in CA. is a death penalty charge, No bail ! They had plenty of evidence for arrest. He was not found NOT GUILTY, he was acquitted, meaning according to the jury the state did not without a benefit of doubt prove their case. He is just as whacky now as he was then, just older and more bitter. Sometimes getting away with murder eats you from the inside... IMPLOSION ! KUDOS Piers on not backing off !

July 12, 2012 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Margo Lapham

Ok Piers, let the guy talk about his book. If it was anyone else you wouldn't doing what your doing.

You are being rude to a guest. Let him talk. Your show is getting their money's worth.

July 11, 2012 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Susan

Robert Blake is a nutcase. He talks to imaginary beings. He's very delusional like so many people. Adults who talk to somebody that isn't there should be admitted to a psych ward. There are no gods. All gods were man-made. In this day and age of science it amazes me that people still believe in imaginary beings.

July 11, 2012 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • ladylinguistique

How did a commentary on Robert Blake's appearance on Piers Morgan's show become a forum on the debate of spiritual being(s)? Way off target, darlin'. Methinks you need some anger management therapy.

July 12, 2012 at 12:59 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Gil Gaudia

You apparently were not listening very carefully. The reason for the comment on god(s) was that Blake kept claiming that God had saved him from many of his disastrous activities–an arrogant, self-centered and logically ridiculous statement.

July 12, 2012 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Mike Berg

Susan I have to agree with you

July 13, 2012 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • David

And I dis agree with Susan. Science is learning about the physical properties of our surroundings, and their understanding changes every decade with more information reviled as time goes on. So science is fantastic but always in a state of change. Robert on the other hand is someone who has always been in need of mental health help. I can still remember him on Johnny Carson, telling him back then he was a nut case. Damaged goods. Most of us are.

September 6, 2012 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Keith

I still believe Christian Brando did it.......
    Piers....you're a fool!

July 11, 2012 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • margerry bakley

Christian was not in California at the time and that was proven and taken off the table. Robert was the only one who wanted her dead and tried to hire half the phone book to do it. when that failed he did it himself !

July 12, 2012 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Matilda

Margerry, what's the matter honey? You feel all that money slipping away from your fingers?

Where were you again during Bonny's funeral? Out of state, like Mr.Brando?

Or are you mad because no one's paying to listen to you talk about your dead sister anymore?

You fool no one Margerry. But keep the PR game going with all your sockpuppets. Nice to know the family's keeping Bonny's business efforts alive, eh?

August 26, 2012 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Jim Kahn

I agree...he's got some serious mental problems that he needs to deal with...and might I suggest a lesson or two in manners! He's such a turn-off...so that's exactly what I did...turned him off!

July 11, 2012 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Canuc

Obviously, Pierce Morgan didn't do his homework with regards to having Robert Blake on his program. I thought I was watching the Jerry Springer Show, instead of an intelligent CNN program. I should have went to bed at 9:00pm.

July 11, 2012 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • hifijohn

either piers is very naive or knows about blakes mental problems and is just trying to get some jerry springer like cheap ratings,either way it was a very scarey interview.

July 11, 2012 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Cain M

If you actually thought that was 'scary', then do yourself a favor and never attempt to drive on a California freeway. You'll be peeing and sobbing within seconds. BTW, are you a man? If so, you need to hand your testicles over to some other poor schmuck who needs a pair. They're obviously useless to you.

September 16, 2012 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  12. P.L.

So sad. Dementia is not nice to see. Piers should have stopped this and not exploited a mentally ill person.

July 11, 2012 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Camille Boudon

I don't think Robert Blake is angry. He seems very disappointed. Its as if every dream he had is gone. Like he is looking for some form of hope.Some thing to believe in. Its very sad.

July 11, 2012 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • diana

I agree, i think robert blake married the woman of his child because it was the right thing for him to do. I think he is angry and has every right to be angry. He would not have bothered to marry and woman and then turn around to kill her – we are all so quick to judge – does he need to get the chip off..yes – because in many ways he is living his life in a victims state – i think if he found someone to love and loved him for who he is – he would be the best person in the world. I hope he lands another movie role. He is a fantastic actor – and brilliant – people don't judge him – he got swindled and was treated so maliciously by the news media. SHAME ON HUMAN BEINGS FOR JUDGING OTHERS. He is sensitive and thin skinnned – but it does not make him a murderer..it shows he has compassion and a conscience – is no more different than anyone else – he was trying to move on for writing the book so at least he is trying.

July 12, 2012 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • DIANA

AN INNOCENT MAN VILLIFIED BY OTHERS AND THE NEWS MEDIA. GOD BRING ROBERT ALL THE GOODNESS YOU CAN...HE IS A GOOD MAN. HE WOULD NOT HAVE MARRIED BONNIE TO KILL HER.

July 12, 2012 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • reality_check

Do you imagine Blake reading that and appreciating it? You do know he's dyslexic, right? IOW, he doesn't read any of this stuff. He can't. Get a hold of yourself woman. If he saw you in a restaurant and figured out you're not 20 years old, he'd walk right past you without a second glance.

September 16, 2012 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  14. PatriciaAdis

Kudo's to Pierce, great interview, never lost his cool...

July 11, 2012 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. tisha Stoliar

I met him on The Peace March in 1986 for Global Nuclear Disarmament. During that time he was smart, grounded and kind. Their are things beyond show business and being the center of attention that will calm and bring you back to happiness and a different kind of center.

July 11, 2012 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  16. whatonuniverse

I have never seen an interview (or trial attorney for that matter) keep his head like Piers Morgan did with that incredibly hostile interview with Robert Blake. Welcome to our shores, Mr. Morgan. We should exercise your restraint. Would you be interested in a stint as a congressional trainer?

July 11, 2012 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Shaggy

Give me a break. Morgan is working for CNN to avoid the heat of the Murdoch scandal in the UK, where TV will no longer touch him till that stuff dies down. Think about it. What was Morgan doing before this 'news' show? He was a judge on some stupid reality talent contest? Please. Not exactly Edward R. Murrow here. More like Scooby Doo.

September 16, 2012 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  17. Leslie EE

IRobert Blake is CRAZY!!!!! He needs to be on meds. OMG!

July 11, 2012 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  18. Chris

Piers Morgan has become a rude & passive-aggressive interviewer. He scored no points in all of his nagging of Robert Blake on the issue of the death of Bonnie. Mr. Blake on the other hand did score several points when he outed Mr. Morgan for running the interview off the rails for the benefit of the show. Mr. Blake was treated worse than a convicted criminal.

July 11, 2012 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • karen

Shame on you Piers Morgan are your tatings low. Why would you ask a guest if they are mentally alright. The trial was over years ago he did time and was found not guilty by the Jury System. To revisit this on national tv terrible. Why not use the interview to discuss positive accomplishments. You did your best to make him look his worse. I believe he is an angry older man and you pushed every button you could Shame . They should have hired Anderson Cooper for your job at least he ihas class Piers is a ponpous Brit like his friend Simon Cowell.

July 14, 2012 at 11:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  19. Ronnie Rush -Sacramento CA

Mr. Morgan,
    You just did an interview with one of the toughest guys on the planet. Like James Cagney and
    the actor he mention that gave him some great advice when he was young, he admires. I hope
    Robert Blake gets that wonderful picture he talked about and when a director contacts him, that will be another great moment in Robert's life. Good luck Robertt Blake with that movie and remember just act and let the director direct!

July 11, 2012 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • ponatos

One thing is for sure: Blake may appreciate and work harder than he ever has if he does get an acting gig. He has had a reputation for being very difficult to work with before, but it was over-looked due to his talent. My guess is the years of all these trials and tribulations have probably mellowed him enough that he wouldn't give a director too much trouble, if at all. Most people think great acting is easy. It's not. Talented people make it *look* easy, effortless, and natural. I think few reasonable people could deny that Mr.Blake has done that time and time again. The list of roles he's played as an actor in his life is very, very long. I hope he does find some really good stories to contribute to bringing to life. And, btw, a really good director takes skill too and they have to create an environment that is comfortable for the actors and tends towards giving them the confidence to do their scenes to their best. I honestly can't imagine, at this point, that Blake would be problematic to work with and I hope he gets every opportunity to do what he does best again: perform.

September 16, 2012 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  20. Rod Rego

Wow, Robert Blake is the original Charlie Sheen...

July 11, 2012 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • skylar

You are wrong and for many reasons. Let me name a few...
      1) Charlie Sheen is the spoiled brat son of a man, Martin, who worked his backside off for his success. Charlie was simply born into it and any of the connections in Hollywood made by it. Robert Blake, on the other hand, come to Hollywood a poverty stricken child in an abusive household and WORKED for what he got.

2) Charlie Sheen can't act his way out of a wet paper bag. Robert Blake has played a variety of characters, every last one of them believable. He won an Emmy in the first six seasons of Baretta ( something never done before nor since ), walked across country for Peace and nuclear disarmament whereas Charlie Sheen walks across the room for a crack pipe; Robert Blake has worked with some of Hollywood's greatest stars and Charlie Sheen lurks around on the D-list.

3) Charlie Sheen does drugs. Robert Blake does not.

I don't have time to go on pointing out the many differences here. While on the surface they both seem to be problematic, the fact of the matter is one may actually have solid reasons and influences for their bad behavior and the other has no excuses at all ( Charlie boy ), given he was born into wealth and has never had to work a damn day in his entire life. Feel sorry for both of them, but for the right reasons. Even if you could argue that Blake's troubles were self-inflicted, I still have more sympathy for the product of systematic abuse such as Blake than I do someone like Sheen whose father worked so hard to give little Charlie all he could want, and Charlie stills pukes it away and embarasses his dad. Whatever. The ultimate point is this: stop drawing comparisons between people who are in no way alike simply because you don't want to take the time to write and think intelligently.

November 14, 2012 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  21. Disgusted in Atlanta

Shame on you, Piers Morgan. I don't write often but I have written a few times about your inability to be a good interviewer or journalist. I agree with several of the comments listed above . . . you just exploited an old man who's been battered and bruised by his life experiences and focused most of your show on the one incident that is still an opened wound. What about the rest of his colorful life? He's always been eccentric and interesting and I would have loved to hear about his acting experiences.

Even with your badgering, I found him to be lucid and sane.

Ugly show overall and I'm still not thrilled with your performance and still miss Larry! Wish you had more of his amiability and were truly interested in the people's live who you interview.

July 11, 2012 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • AnaMaria

Disgusted in Atl.....good post. Actually, that interview said more about Piers Morgan than Robert Blake. Morgan is shallow when it comes to a difficult interview and didn't do any homework on Blake and the fact that he does suffer damage so you work around that to get worthwhile dialogue.

July 12, 2012 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Bonnie

I have never been a fan of Robert Blake, but I truly feel he was blind-sighted by Piers who used a bait and switch tactic to gain higher ratings. I believe Robert Blake agreed to do an interview about his book, but did not expect to be questioned about the murder of his wife. Piers Morgan is usually masterful with his interview strategy, using his quick wit and diplomacy to get answers. Robert Blake was treated unfairly, and although he was angry and profane, he held his ground, articulated what he had to say, and looked Piers straight in the eyes, as he plead his case. To me that spoke volumes. Good for you Robert Blake, I think you slayed the dragon.

July 17, 2012 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • margerry bakley

I have done hundreds of interviews and not one time were the questions posed by the interviewer , the same ones that their producers briefed me on as to what the topic would be on. Mr. Blake has done more interviews than I could ever dream of, so I am sure he knows the routine by now. He likes the victim status,and of course this will help sell his book, had he not been so explosive, it would not spark such an interest. he is a very smart business man and a fantastic actor, so looking you in the eyes is a practice he has used since in his own words..." I have been an actor since I was two " and is more comfy in front of a camera than not.

July 17, 2012 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
      • Kirk

Tsk Tsk Tsk Margerry, doing PR for the family business of taking other people's money, again?

Who's going to step up next to speak? Your brother that was in cahoots with Bonny ( or is that Lee Bonny? I guess it depends on which swinger mag one was reading – your sister sure could keep some aliases organized, huh? ) and pretended to be a woman to a rich, Taiwanese man? What did he call himself dear?

And since you're so gung ho for morality and all right now, how much of the real estate that Bonny swindled out of old men's wills do you plan on donating to charity? Has Holly abandoned walking in her mother's foot steps? Have you ever considered worrying about clearing your own family's name in regards to swing the money from other people who WORKED FOR IT versus stealing or suing it away from others?

BTW, which of Bonny's family members actually attended her funeral in California?
        Oh, that's right.
        None of them.

I'd suggest you stop lieing, but it's hard to fight the DNA, isn't it? Your sisters is in you, but it was never on Blake.

Toodles!

August 26, 2012 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
      • margerry bakley

No one said Bonny was an angel,but a murderer she was not. That DNA is in Robert, Delinah, Noah and POOR ROSE has thief and MURDERER in hers. Good thing we are not judgmental and blame others for the acts of their siblings and family members. Diddley Squat is that you ? Elaine couldn't think of something witty , so she put you onto it, tsk tsk tsk go back to your den of rats and hide under your alias.

August 26, 2012 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
      • margerry bakley

Oh thank-you for the reminder about him stealing her body and having a funeral with all his cohorts without any of her family. We were invited two days before hand , but told we would have to sit next to Blake and let him speak and not say anything, sure we would love to be there so that they can all say its proof that we didn't think he was the murderer. I despise him even more for that show ! The funeral directors sold me out and took cash for Bonny's body ! She was to have been shipped via airplane and I was to accompany her remains, back to New Jersey where I had arrangements made and a crypt ready, Another swift action on Blakes attorney's list. Hurtful and hateful all of it and then to have to still hear and take abuse from strangers ten years later who think they know everything. Clean your own closet before you start on others.

August 26, 2012 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  22. sharon

Robert is one very angry man, and its doing nothing but eating him up on the inside. He has never let it go what happened to him since he was a child. And even now since he has grown up. He blames everyone for his bad life, and all the things that has happened to him. He lost it all in the civil suit. And now being broke he is even more angry. And wants revenge. I remember him since his TV days and he was great. Robert believes that going back on TV will make people love him again. That is were he found it. but TV will not bring him love. he needs to find that with God, and love him self. This man hates himself. he needs some very serious counseling, fast before he hurts himself or someone else. I thought he was going to Assult Piers. But thank God Piers was very calm with him. No one blames him for his wife death, no one knows what really happened, only God and Robert. the rest of us only know what we read in a newspaper. I pray he gets some help, he needs it.

July 11, 2012 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • margerry bakley

He didn't lose 30 million, he only gave out approx. 10 grand per child one of which is his own. He is not broke , he just hid it and put much of it in his daughters name . even if each attorney received one million(which they did not) he would still have an exuberant amount of money. he took his bankruptcy to the supreme court and was denied again. He is not bankrupt nor broke.

July 17, 2012 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • kirkagain

Kirk

Oh, that's right.
        None of them.

Toodles!

August 26, 2012 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • steve

He said NOTHING about wanting revenge. You just pulled that rabbit out of a hat. Good way to trick everybody. Now, which Bakley are you, exactly?

August 26, 2012 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  23. Linda

Wow...what an interview with Robert Blake....I would have been tempted to throw him off the set!!!!!!!
    You are indeed a professional...

July 11, 2012 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  24. Barr

I injoyed the interview with Robert Blake. He is/was a great actor. For 79 years old he is sharp, there is no pulling the wool
    over his eyes. I hope Robert Blakes gets a part in a movie, one that will make him happy and shine. Good Luck Robert. It
    was good to see you...

July 11, 2012 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  25. disgusted in Atlanta 2

I agree with others. Piers Morgan's interview with Blake was disgusting and exploitative. Morgan may have kept his cool, but he was quite malevolent in a benevolent way, which for me equals abusive. I'm proud of Blake for standing up for himself in the face of Morgan's badgering and insensitive questions. Good for Blake! Old doesn't equal mentally ill and shame on folks for beating him down with this label. We are all aging and one day we may not be as completely lucid as we want to be. In the U.S. we are such jerks when it comes to age. I think Blake had good cause to be angry and defensive. Morgan, on the other hand, came off as a real jerk and to support Blake I won't continue to waste my time with his show again. He's been getting on my nerves anyway – a terrible interviewer and very unconscious of his own issues!

July 11, 2012 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Ray

If people think this Blake interview makes him seem colorful or defensive, they ought to see some of his appearances on Johnny Carson. With Charlie Potatos here, he's pretty mild actually.

And Carson was all class btw. He knew Robert well and understood how seriously abused Blake had been for so many years and how hard he had to fight on his own to get his career back when the studios didn't want him anymore because he was a teenager, and not a kid. Blake EARNED every penny he ever made with hard work, to the point that work nearly broke him down too much physically. Blake knows more than anyone how much stardom cost him. He didn't go out killing people then and he didn't kill Bonny later. In fact, Blake abandoned stardom for 8 years to try to keep his head together for his kids and keep it together for himself. He marched cross country by foot, something few 'stars' today would do without an entourage wiping the sweat off their foreheads every step of the way, for peace and nuclear disarmament.

Blake has never been apologetic for his integrity and never will be. The prosecution had the flimisiest of cases against him and the cops DID try to railroad him. Don't forget the lead investigator, who is responsible for putting evidence to the DA, was dragging around an author to CRIME SCENES and polluting them and ALSO telling people the writer was a cop!! That is wildly illegal.

Of course Blake gets angry. Of course he gets upset. Piers is a low life and he did NOT do his research on a terribly awful time for a lot of people. He just tossed out there that maybe Blake's a liar and maybe Blake's not sane and maybe this and maybe that and then tried to rationalize it by saying,"...I've only met you for 20 minutes."

Uh, duhh Charlie Potatos. You JUST met him but you were questioning him as if you had the authority of a court, the background of a lawyer, and the training of a psychiatrist. Why couldn't you also pretend to be a good host to your guest?

August 26, 2012 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  26. Darren

Piers....well it was an interesting interview but for all the wrong reasons. Too bad it could have been for all the right reasons. Piers, try too stay above the rest of the media...you are better than this. Could you Invite him back and give us the interview that could be riveting for all the right reasons.

July 11, 2012 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  27. J Gamaldo

I did not see entire interview, but what I saw was sad. This is a person who seems to have nothing but films to define himself. I would find it very hard to deal with that huge ego (sleeveless shirt) . Very sad

July 11, 2012 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  28. Tara Robinson

Of course someone will get offended if they were disrespected in the way that Robert Blake was tonight on the Peirs Morgan show. The problem with the media today is they don't have any respect for the great stars from the past. Stars used to be respected in the media, you don't even see any of the entertainers from decades ago like I used to when I was a kid. It's the media that drags American culture through the mud by exploiting and sensationalizing people's lives instead of respecting them for their talents and years of hard work!

July 12, 2012 at 12:44 am | Report abuse | Reply
  29. Ron

Who was disrespectful, abusive, out of control in the interview? Blake 100 to 1......He will be remembered this way,sad.

July 12, 2012 at 12:57 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Wrong!

Pierce was the first to be disrespectful by asking him if he was sane. If someone asked you that in an interview I guess you'll flip out, but notice that Blake kept his cool at the time. Not until he began to make it seem as if he was lying about his wife.

July 12, 2012 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  30. Darla

Wow!! Pierce I think you did a GREAT job with that Nut Case. I hope someone steps up and offers him some free psychological treatment since he says he is broke. He obviously does not have the money to pay for it. Sounds like he is not far from hurting someone or himself in a fit of rage. Way to go, Pierce....your expertise showed through. That was a very, very tough interview for anyone to manage. I felt for you!

July 12, 2012 at 1:00 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • margerry bakley

he had a psychiatrist for more than twenty years, until he felt like he had been ripped off because he was still angry and stalked the guy with intentions of killing him, but backed out of it last minute. His own story. He also stalked an ex-girlfriends father with gun in hand and was about to pull the trigger , but didn't , his own story. he was younger, but the desire to kill has been in him for many years, he found the right victim and knew he'd get away with it. His own words to Bonny " I'm Robert Blake ..I'm going to kill you and I will get away with it !".

July 17, 2012 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Unimpressed

Margerry? Is that you?

lol

August 26, 2012 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  31. margerry bakley

Guilty is as guilty does ! Great composer Mr. Morgan.

July 12, 2012 at 1:03 am | Report abuse | Reply
  32. P Cash

Robert Blake talked alot about God. But then he would used God's name in vain. They were bleeping out some of his language but did not bleep it when he did use God's name in vain. Well my GOD does not have a last name. HE'S JUST GOD!!! I'm not about what he or Piers said it's about the language that the network allowed.

July 12, 2012 at 1:12 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • margerry bakley

Anyone , who truly loves the Lord.... would NOT take his name in vain... not to mention the other foul language. I think he is self absorbed and just talks of the Lord, because he thinks it makes him more credible, when anyone who knows of the Lord would know that he does not know him.

July 12, 2012 at 1:42 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Not really

You'll be surprised to know that God does not think like you.

July 12, 2012 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
      • margerry bakley

That makes no sense ? No one said God thinks like me. I said anyone who loves God would not use his Holy name in vain .

July 12, 2012 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
      • Steve

ROFLMAO!!!!

YOU talking about 'the Lawd' Margerry just takes the cake. Funniest comment I've seen you make here yet.

BAHHHH HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

A Bakley talking God. That's too rich!

Oh. Wait. Not anymore. Or, is it 'not yet'? Still haven't gotten the money from that 'civili trial for justice' huh sweetie? You mean the FBI couldn't find the heart to leave a few credit cards behind for you guys to use until, you know, you found someone new to sue? Some other tabloid to buy your stories? Just not selling like they used to, are they?

Oh well. There's always WORK. Try it, you may like it.

August 26, 2012 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
      • margerry bakley

STEVE, ONLY Bonny's FOUR kids were involved in a lawsuit and as for an estate... Attorney's got 95% of it. You want to pick on me, knock yourself out. I know the truth and will freely speak my mind. Despite twirps like you that accuse and berate behind an alias. Defending my sister because she did not deserve to be shot twice in the head by her husband after dinner. There is a thing called divorce court and custody hearings. Thats the right way. Would have been cheaper too. Spew your hatred all you want, it has nothing to do with me or who I am.

August 26, 2012 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Kenny Winston

Seems like most of the people who saw this show tonight stood up for Robert.But why was the host getting on Robert's case and giving him such a hard time?

July 12, 2012 at 1:20 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • john

Rober, same God will bless u again, go man, there is a Shakespear's saying: the one who rubs my wallet has stolen nothing, the one who steals my name has stolen everything. Robert God will help u again since you are a great name.

July 12, 2012 at 4:05 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • AnaMaria

Morgan was more interested in an extended rant than a good interview. Check out Tavis Smiley's interview on PBS, Part 1 and Part 2 (online), with Robert Blake and you will see how an interview should be conducted.

July 12, 2012 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  34. BoBo

Here's a thought...... Role of a life time........Robert Blake stars as ....Charles Manson. Wouldn't take much makeup for that role. Jeepers he's as nuts as Manson is.

July 12, 2012 at 1:25 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Alice

No, he's not as 'nuts' as Manson.

That you don't know the difference doesn't surprise me. Your education may be that of any two bit nincompoop looking to troll. Here's a brief, but might I recommend you look up Manson on Wikipedia and educate yourself?

1) Manson was and is a convicted felon.
      2) Manson led a group of wayward teenagers astray as he formed a cult with them
      3) Manson tried to burn The Beach Boys ( much like many stalkers who pursue a chance to get near celebrities...ask Margerry Bakley about that one )
      4) Manson never made a living as a professional actor, writer, director and he never won awards for doing so
      5) Manson, in fact, is nothing like Blake. So get over the hyperbole and inane comparisons and get back on the reality train with the rest of us or, maybe, you ought to be questioning your own sanity instead of Blakes.

August 26, 2012 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  35. worldcares

Piers, you should have never said , to his face, you weren't sure if he was telling the truth.
    I have to wonder, whoever the perpetrater was cueing you to ask this question, knew what Mr. Blake's reaction would be, in order to sensationlize this interview.
    Reminds me of the movie, "Network".
    Overall, I liked the interview.
    I'll read the book.

July 12, 2012 at 1:34 am | Report abuse | Reply
  36. PCGeezer

@Robert Blake....what a pathetic little angry man you are.

July 12, 2012 at 3:48 am | Report abuse | Reply
  37. charlie

he is innocent and Piers was bullying him. he is frustrated for what they did to him everybody abused him, took his money, but he is as great as he was.

July 12, 2012 at 3:48 am | Report abuse | Reply
  38. Julie

I feel that Robert Blake is completely innocent & did not murder his wife. He is another victim of LAPD & the corruption in Hollywood & the court system there. Blake's gun did not match the murder weapon & as he said he could easily have murdered her some other way. LAPD, coroner's office & the courts need a federal investigation.

July 12, 2012 at 3:48 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Where's_Larry?

Indeed. In fact, why didn't Piers mention how detective Ito, the lead investigator on the case, boggled and polluted so much evidence at the crime scene and after? Why didn't he ask Blake how he felt knowing the Bakley family had a civil trial and attorney going BEFORE the decision of the criminal trial was ever made? How about how Robert feels that Ito was dragging an author who was going to write ITO a book, to crime scenes and introducing the author to witnesses as his partner ( as a cop )? And why hasn't been arressted for THAT crime, because that is certainly a crime for a police officer to appoint an author as an officer of the law. He didn't have the authority. So he was lieing about it. Why? Because he wanted a book deal, just as Blake said and just as Gerald proved in court. Ito's own testimony made him out as a foolish person who abused his legal authority as a cop.

And by the way, the prosecutor going against Blake had a 100% win streak in her trials. That she lost where Blake is concerned had everything to do with the LACK of evidence against Robert Blake. That is because he was and is NOT GUILTY.

Get over it Margerry. Just keep scrabbling for Blake's money vis a vis the civil trial you and your family had designed well before the verdict came in on Robert. THAT'S how much you all actually 'care' about supposed justice. Give me a break!

August 26, 2012 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • margerry bakley

Under the law in CA. you have only one year to file a civil suit from the time the event took place. Robert was already arrested and in jail with his bodyguard Earle. It always sounds good to say you only want money, but the lawyers are the only winners and Bonny's four kids were only one's involved in a lawsuit. One kid is Blakes the other three have a last name of Gawron..Its not a Bakley family anything. It was also not ITO who just assigned a writer, it was Chief Parker and it was not the first time the guy went along for the ride , it just so happened Blake chose to murder Bonny on at a time when the writer was assigned to that unit to write his book. And Shelley "THROW" the case for cash is no where to be found... maybe enjoying Blakes money , eh ? The original Prosecutor Judge Dohi was removed last minute ans Shelley took the dive and Dohi became a Judge. AAHHHH Hollywood justice. peace brother .

August 26, 2012 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  39. shahin

he is very strong man even though lawyers took his money. he is still amazing, had an amazing life. none deserves to die like Bonny but he would be able to get divorce and give her money, rather than being ripped like this.

July 12, 2012 at 3:54 am | Report abuse | Reply
  40. mary

he is a real man. he is still man enough to come and talk about it even though it was supposed to be about his life not hers. u also abused him. u don't have respect for urself, but he did still went on with interview.

July 12, 2012 at 3:59 am | Report abuse | Reply
  41. susan

Piers you looked BAD tonight with Robert Blake. Sadly you don't have empathy for the man's life and times. Wrongly you kept bringing up a subject that he asked you to keep off limits. You were rude, obviously full of animosity towards the man, and kept forgetting that he was acquitted of the crime. You did not do your homework and you should have in fact did what Robert Blake said: discovered why someone would remain under arrest for four years only to be acquitted. A better question perhaps should have been, where was the compensation for holding a person who ends up innocent. You clearly DID have an agenda and there was no kindness, gentleness, mercy. I lost all respect for you and you looked pretty freaked out yourself, likely because you knew yourself you were way off base. I hope Robert finds that movie and thrills us all once again.

July 12, 2012 at 4:08 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • joy winter

You are so right! Pierce made a huge mistake...and Robert handled himself very well.

July 12, 2012 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Pearl

Piers you are awesome! Keep up the outstanding interviews. Love your show and your style. You showed Blake for what he is...an angry, bitter little ol' man who feels the world and everyone in it owes him something.

July 12, 2012 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  42. marsh

he was an innocent man being abused by a wrong woman. he is a book. he needs to show how a rotten friend can destroy your life. i have seen wrong friend can take u down like Robert and good friend can take you up like an elevator.

July 12, 2012 at 4:33 am | Report abuse | Reply
  43. nanni

Piers jounalism has some manner. u have none.

July 12, 2012 at 4:33 am | Report abuse | Reply
  44. Christy

I hope Piers has the courage to have Robert Blake on again! Important life lesson, if you hang out with losers, they will take you down. Tragic story of Bonnie's death, and Blake's innocence, torture by authorities and loss of his fortune.
    What happened to his child? Has he changed the nature of people he now spends time with? Will he do another movie?
    Good luck to Piers.

July 12, 2012 at 6:35 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • margerry bakley

Are you retarded ? He was banging heroin in is arm and his 1st wife all in front of his 2 kids during Baretta. He is not broke, and enjoys the company of many other old time stars. Smoke and mirrors... the feel sorry for me routine is as old as he is. He was never an innocent man. Blaming the victim is what his high profile attorneys do for a living.He waited 10 years , because people for get the facts. I'm still alive and I know the facts and I will never let anyone for get the truth, especially Mr. Blake !!!!!

July 12, 2012 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Victoria

You are not well margerry bakley and your life must be fully wasted. I feel sorry for you.

As for Robert Blake, what a HUGE character, bigger than the world. In the one-hour interview, he has openned up as a true human being, the way God created us, with all vulnerable traits but yet so strong and wise. Robert's relation with God is believable and a good way to learn from in the search of spirituality. We aall re born to undergo our own personal struggle, and Robert Blake comes as a winner to me. I only wish he has time to make a inspirational movie that leaves us his advice for life.

Robert Blake, I could marry you! Thank you for reinstilling my trust in the humanity.

July 14, 2012 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
      • margerry bakley

You my girl have a death wish. Have you no idea what his last two wives went through ? You do not know me, you do not know Blake, you do not know the case... you my friend are a blind fool. But this is still America and you can choose to believe what you want. God bless you.

July 14, 2012 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
      • Victoria

As said, I feel sorry for your loss but I do not believe it has anything to do with Robert Blake.

PS To know Him better, I will refer to His book instead, The Little Rascals, and not to what these 100+ comments are telling me. America is so screwed as a nation.

July 15, 2012 at 1:18 am | Report abuse |
      • margerry bakley

Victoria, you can believe the book , but any author will spin things their own way. No one is taking away Roberts accomplishments, he has had numerous. Its what else he has done in his life, not all so wonderful. He is human , just like the rest of us and falls short of Gods Graces , just like the rest of us. Be open minded and at least watch Eric Dubin on Monday nights Piers Morgan. He can give you some of the other half of the story. Thank-you for your kindness in understanding the loss our family has suffered. We were personally involved and remember clear as a bell all the threats and promises before her death, after her death and all during both trials. Look forward to talking with you again after Monday nights show. God Bless. Margerry

July 15, 2012 at 4:12 am | Report abuse |
  45. Geri

Not mentioned in this post is that Robert Blake was found GUILTY of intentionally causing the death of Bonny Lee Bakley by a jury in the wrongful death civil suit against him. The verdict was $30 million. As Eric Dubin, the attorney for Bakley's children, said in his closing, "Nobody is a zero, NOBODY. A mother who loves her kids priceless, and there is no dispute Bonny loved these kids and these kids loved Bonny."

July 12, 2012 at 9:59 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • margerry bakley

Well said ! KUDOS to you for seeing through it.

July 14, 2012 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Mike

You'd know Margerry.

After all, your family had the civil trial and an attorney lined up BEFORE the criminal trial was ever over. Or maybe you were hoping everyone had forgotten that, huh? So much for wanting justice honey. If you were interested in Justice, your family would respect the outcome of the criminal justice system and all the elements that make it up and that came to the conclusion, after FOUR YEARS, that Robert Blake is NOT GUILTY.

But not good enough for you guys, uh uh. You saw that money of his, just like Bonny did, long, long, long before his trial was ever over. Your family bilks people of money and you all sell interviews to the highest bidders. But no one's bidding anymore, are they? Must burn your butt huh?

August 26, 2012 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
      • margerry bakley

You're the angry one. and over people you do not know. feels good to let all that tension and anger out on folks you do not know, cheaper than a psychiatrist. keep ranting its obviously helping your low self esteem.

August 26, 2012 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
      • margerry bakley

I just seen a two pager in the Enquirer... and DELI sold her own kids out !! hahahahaha

August 26, 2012 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  46. james

lets be completely honest we watch televio like we drink alchohol or do drugs or eat ,its become our therapy but what that means is we are indoctrinated with thing we really dont care about ,reporters are intaganist that have no talent except for gossiping robert blake was ill advised to go on this show ,what did he think would happen CNN has become a tablotic demogogal gossip collum that has no intrest in informing but seek to shape our oppinions its up to use to decide to turn it off its not about news it actually reflects us from understand and seeing what is really going on in our country and in the world if you find yourself overly intrested in this or any other interview on CNN you should look into why becayse there is truly something missing in your life .

July 12, 2012 at 10:10 am | Report abuse | Reply
  47. Sheila Hurteau

Sad to watch. Robert Blake is a very angry individual. Piers handled himself well as always. But the question was never answered – who did kill Bonnie Blake?

July 12, 2012 at 10:42 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • margerry bakley

yes he did, his silence said it all, he wants to believe his own lies and wants everyone else to believe them too. He shot my sister in the head when no one else would do it, he asked half of the phone book ! He washed off at garden hose at neighbors house... he scoped the site out with Bonny , telling her that was where they were going to build a house. It was under construction.When she asked him why are we looking around here evreyday , he said you'll find out soon enough ! BANG, BANG... she sure did !

July 12, 2012 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • YouFoolNoOneMargerry

First you talk God Margerry.

Then you talk lies.

I think we all are well aware of which your family has and always will prefer.

How's your brother doing? Mail order business in prison going strong?

August 26, 2012 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Gary P

Pierce, You and your network should be ashamed to air that last night. Why were you provoking that Madman??? Was it just for ratings. I thought you were a gentleman. Not anymore. You caved to the ratings war. SAD

July 12, 2012 at 10:53 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • margerry bakley

AWWW picking on my little brother..ouch that hurts ! grow up !

August 26, 2012 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Mr.Smith

Picking on your little brother?

Funny, not, how you don't mention how HE picked on the bank accounts and identies of others. Or, do you not want to talk about the FBI investigation that went on? Is that 'picking on' him Margerry dear? I see. But you certainly don't mind 'picking on' Robert or bringing up his kids, do you?

You're entire family's history and credibility with and for Truth is well known and easily found with some simple Google searching. Do you need your memory refreshened about all this again Margerry or are you just hoping to pick at the wounds already inflicted on Blake, the courts, and the public?

Go crawl back under your rock or wherever it is you and your ilk come from. Find some new victim to live off of.

August 26, 2012 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
      • margerry bakley

Go talk to which ever brother you'd like . One is in San Diego and one is in Memphis look em up , tell em off... I don't care and apparently the FBI doesn't either because they both have lives. I am and have been happily married for eight years and do not run around spewing hatred onto people I do not know. Robert was calling me to personally threaten me 10 years a go. I have first hand knowledge. As far as that rock you'd like me to live under...It seems to already be taken, ahhh when your lease up ? You are one bitter Baretta fan..hehehehehee

August 26, 2012 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
      • margerry bakley

Lets see you can talk crap about me and mine , but lets not bring up the kidnapper who sold her story (she is 47) just to get CPS off her tail because DA DA has gone GA GA on the Piers Morgan show. They put themselves out there my dear. Get a life !

August 26, 2012 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
  49. LadyTash

Unfortunate interview for Mr.Blake in that Piers Morgan was badgering him, goading him, and deliberately provoking Mr. Blake. It would seem that the terms of agreement prior to the interview were to discuss anything Mr. Blake had written about in his book.Piers, consistent with his history of "yellow journalism" ( bear in mind that he was the editor of notorious British tabloids.) insisted on discussing the murder of Bonnie Lee Blakey. Not just introducing the topic, but in fact perseverating on it. Unscrupulous to persist in a line of questioning that resulted in increasing frustration, and even aggitation of Piers' guest. Mr. Blake obviously had a tragic start to life. To his credit, he became a successful actor, and a very talented one at that. Mr.Blake is a survivor. for that I admire him. Furthermore, I hope he will get many more roles in the comming years. As much for his own enjoyment as for the enjoyment of his fans. Piers, on the other hand should move to Fox News, or Extra where the work would be more consistent with his C.V. CNN seems to have been taken with his British accent, mistaking it for an indication of refinement and class. Or were they convinced by a certain Business mogul , to hire Piers for Larry King's spot ? Good luck Mr. Blake. Well done on standing up for yourself before this "journalist" bully.

July 12, 2012 at 11:08 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • joy winter

I so agree with you...I think Robert is very brave and quite the survivor. He's very quick thinking for a man his age, and was under a huge amount of stress during the interview. I have a great deal of empathy for him. His answers and frustrations with Pierce, made it clear that he did not kill Bonnie. I really hope he gets to act in a wonderful movie! Piece needs to learn not to be rude and to respect his guest.

July 12, 2012 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • AnaMaria

Of interest....some of Robert Blake's best moments were on the Johnny Carson show, as well as Richard Pryor. Carson knew how to get the best out of his guests and he never badgered them. Piers Morgan is in dire need of some serious inservice or like you said he should get a job with FoxNews or perhaps a 2d rate tabloid. I hope everyone will check out the PBS interview with Tavis Smiley,parts 1 and 2, with Robert Blake.

July 12, 2012 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Frank

Piers and his producers are far too busy trying to keep everybody from thinking about his ties to the Murdoch scandal in the UK, which is one of the very reasons he's here working in the states.

August 26, 2012 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Linda PC

Piers was amazing. How he was able to remain calm and listen to Blake was unbelieveable. Piers never raised his voice. I thought Blake was going to walk off the show, but I guess he really does live to be in the spotlight. What ever happened to Robert Blake's children? Have they abandoned him? His adult daughter had custody of the child he & Bonnie Lee had together. I wanted to know what ever became of that child. Piers was right – this was an interview for the record books.

July 12, 2012 at 11:21 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • margerry bakley

Delinah adopted her and I pray to GOD that nutcase isn't allowed around her. CPS should look into it. Deli was a lot like her daddy, and was more involved with the whole thing than people know... The apple don't roll far from the tree ! She got a good chunk of daddy's money and is sitting as pretty as he is too. He is working for the father of lies not the God he proclaims and then uses his name in vain and other atrocious verbs I hope Rosie is well. We think of her often, but nothing we can do.

July 12, 2012 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  51. Ann Dane

The interview by Mr.Morgan with Robert Blake was not an interview. Morgan merely baited Blake, who is known to be volatile, so of course it became a senseless rant. If you want to see a real interview with Blake about old Hollywood and his interaction with other actors, watch PBS, Tavis Smiley with Robert Blake, Part 1 and 2. You won't be disappointed.It takes skill to interview people who are damaged but do have a gift of talent. Sorry,Mr.Morgan failed this one.

July 12, 2012 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Tammy

Mr Morgan failed at this interview and several others.

September 29, 2012 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  52. Chris

Hey Piers Morgan, TMZ is looking for a new journal-ass. Send them your resume. You're as good as any of the kids they have working for them. Well, almost as good.

July 12, 2012 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  53. mick mack

Posh Royal Pain in the Ass, Piers Morgan, ought to go back to England, Keep your sensationalist, tabloid, culture-destroying version of journalism over there.

July 17, 2012 at 12:16 am | Report abuse | Reply
  54. Victoria

What a pitiful ending to the last week interview with Robert Blake on the last night show! Eric Dubin's rhetoric about celebrity justice left me speechless. It indorses a total distortion of the American justice System. Does it even exist? Piers' stance re Charlie Potatoes at the very last minute was pathetic and farcial; Robert Blake has indeed seen through him at the very start of the interview. Piers you are pitiful indeed.

Would anyone lend me the book? I have a hard time finding it in Canada.

July 17, 2012 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  55. here

I'll right away grasp your rss as I can not in finding your email subscription link or e-newsletter service. Do you have any? Kindly permit me understand in order that I may just subscribe. Thanks.

August 10, 2012 at 3:22 am | Report abuse | Reply
  56. SweetSunshine

I wanted to say that I enjoyed the interview and only because I enjoyed Robert. He has this way of telling stories about his life that grabs you and makes you want to hear more. Piers unfortunately was keeping it on a negative low. The guy was acquitted now let's move on. I come from the area where I used to watch the Little Rascals and even Baretta and did not appreciated Piers testing Robert. I would be annoyed too and I tell you I actually like Robert more. I have always been a fan and when he mentioned God...I was like Thank you. Robert is truly an amazing talented actor and it's best to leave the bad behind and the focus should have been ONLY on his book and nothing else...nothing else......

August 19, 2012 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • margerry bakley

Just because one invokes the name of the LORD, does not mean they actually believe or even know about him,. It means he knows that people want to hear his name and believe that he is righteous , when he was using the LORD'S name in vain there was an obvious contradiction. You like the actor Robert Blake, Not the person he really is. You just do not know the difference. Its hard to separate their characters from themselves, for you and for most actors and actresses.

August 19, 2012 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • SweetSunshine

Believe it or not but people are not perfect. I only know that I hate to see people get abused. From what I saw, Piers tactics were uncalled for. To know God means that you understand God is love and God forgives.

August 19, 2012 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Lynnette Edic

I am very, very sad that this interview even took place. I pray that this man can have peace. Mr. Morgan you are so very out-of-line going out of boundry with this man. This man has been through are hell and he has many great gifts and talented. I hope you formally apologize to Mr. Blake. You missed the boat Mr. Morgan.

@bestcakerecipes

August 19, 2012 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Lynnette Edic

I am very, very sad that this interview even took place. I pray that this man (Blake) can have peace with this horrible subject. The loss of life is horrible–however, this man has been through hell and he has many, many great gifts and talents. I hope you formally apologize to Mr. Blake. You missed the boat -Mr. Morgan. I mean no disrespect.

@bestcakerecipes

August 19, 2012 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Bob

Lynnette Edic is a con artist moving from scam to scam. Search the web for her mug shots, arrest record and scams.

Lynnette Edic will steal everything she can.

July 10, 2013 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  58. Rod S.

As far as I'm concerned, Piers Morgan is total and complete ass. Good for Robert Blake!

August 19, 2012 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  59. kk

Viewed your interview with Robert Blake...How about an interview with William Shatner in the death of his wife??

Thanks.

August 19, 2012 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  60. Diane

Do you think the disgust for Robert Blake could have been more obvious on Piers Morgan's face? Who knows if he got away with murder or not, but he came on the show truly believing he could talk about his book and, although his behavior was angry and erratic, I felt that Piers acted badly as well. Honestly I was not watching this interview to rehash the trial of Blake's dead wife, I was watching to listen to Blake talk about his acting career and life in Hollywood. I got so sick of Piers asking about Blake's wife that I started to feel sympathy/pity for Blake. CNN, shame on you for having Blake on the show to exploit a situation. This particular episode is a prime example of the downfall of cable news shows.

August 19, 2012 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  61. marina george

I think Piers Morgan was brilliant....Morgan was not being disrespectful, he was giving Robert Blake the chance to give his side of the story....since B. Walters turned him down. There is no excuse for the way Blake treated Morgan. I wanted to hear what Blake had to say about his life and the book but his behavior made it impossible to even care what he had to say. Stop hating on Piers Morgan....he did a great job keeping his cool and kept the interview going without disrepecting his guest. I wanted to turn the channel but I kept watching, not because of what Blake was saying...but because of how Morgan was handling himself! After this interview I'm more of a "MORGAN FAN" than a Blake fan. I do wish Blake...peace..love...and success...! I hope he will someday give his side of the story...not to judge him...but because fans do care about what happened to him during those 4 yrs.. I have to say that after watching the interview and if Blake does make another movie (like he wants to) I would not care to see it. Blake you blew it!!!!

August 19, 2012 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  62. steve craig

I just started watching your show! Now that I see that you let Robert blake get on tv and use Gods name in vain over and over unedited, however any other trashy words you bleeped out.What a show you have!! Wont be watching you any more .What a trashy Interview that was.You should be ashamed!! Is this what CNN promotes.

August 20, 2012 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • margerry bakley

Thank-you very much for that post ! I thought I was the only one who noticed That . Piers has no control over the editing and bleeping , thats pure CNN. He is a seperate show just run on CNN. I hate that , worst than any other swear word !

August 20, 2012 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Victoria

Steve Craig, Robert Blake has more connectivity with the divine than all of your neighbourhood together. Believe me, it is more felt than said. With what has been said and done to this show lately, there is enough evidence to me that Rober Blake was not a murderer.

August 20, 2012 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • margerry bakley

And you know this because ? A. You were a witness...B. you are his best friend forever .C. he says so. D. thats Baretta E. He was such a cute little rascal ! ..F. All of the above

August 21, 2012 at 12:13 am | Report abuse |
  63. Mary Helen

OMG! What a fruitloop! I'm sure your ratings skyrocketed with that one. How could you not stop watching even though a few times I wished I could jump into the screen and smack him. That man is seriously delusional. Wow. Good job Piers.

August 22, 2012 at 8:32 am | Report abuse | Reply
  64. SweetSunshine

Again Robert handled himself well considering he was being insulted and antagonized on National TV. This guy was just blatantly attacked and bullied. Piers could have gotten better results had he been kinder.

August 26, 2012 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  65. Lynnette

I really wish that Mr. Anthony Robbins could have interviewed Mr. Blake. We would have had a whole different light into the creative side of Mr. Blake and the many wonderful gifts and talents that he has.

September 17, 2012 at 9:46 am | Report abuse | Reply
  66. Katrina

Pierce Morgan has done this over and over to his guests. He's a terrible interviewer, arrogant and at the same time such a TWIT and has no gravitas or class to speak of. I bet he at least peed his pants when Mr. Blake got upset, lol. He seems to think verbally attacking his interviewees is clever and 'edgy' but he is mistaking rude inconsiderate behavior for intelligent unbiased interviewing like we had with Larry King. We miss you Larry!

September 17, 2012 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  67. Javier

Could you plese replace that idiotic George the monkey commercial wit any other commercial.
    It's annoying and it's driving me up the walls.

September 17, 2012 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  68. Javier

And another thing. Do we need people with English accents in our news business?

NO WE DON'T!

September 17, 2012 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  69. Jon

That was a funny interview, I'm nobody I guess, Blake, you're a liar.

September 17, 2012 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  70. Griff.

Nobody tells me I'me a Liar! Now I bring you to today!!! Teachers strike? Nobody asked the kids, what kind of education they're willing to pay for, only what these Teachers think they some kind of Monopoly!"

September 18, 2012 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  71. jimcolyer

Robert Blake is an ass.

September 23, 2012 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  72. Trevasouraus wrecks

Blake was caught confessing indirectly that he killed his wife. I watched him answer a question that only the killer would know. He was asked; "between her death and the time you returned to the restaurant how much time went by? Blake; 5 minutes" His lawyer interrupted and told Blake to stop talking. I can't find the clip anymore and I can't remember the exact wording but it was clear that he knew her time of death and he has always claimed he found her dead. Pretty dang sure he killed her and we don't care about a stupid book.

October 4, 2012 at 10:37 am | Report abuse | Reply
  73. mark Still

"Shouted?" You wrote that Blake shouted. You, Kristen Holmes, are not an objective journalist. Which means you are not a journalist. CNN: what the what??

October 8, 2012 at 11:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  74. jk

Yeah, the "Little Rascal" who grew up into a "Big Rascal" and committed first degree murder.

October 12, 2012 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  75. Josef Bleaux

Hey Blake – YOU'RE A LYING POS. A murdering, lying POS that deserves to be executed.

October 14, 2012 at 10:25 am | Report abuse | Reply
  76. sherry

It's amazing how Piers uses the words "why are you being so defensive" with so many that appose his views....maybe if you would see the reality of life and situations you wouldn't have to use this phrase. I loved watching you with Robert Blake, he clearly kicked your but and called you for what you were. Listen and learn Pierce, you might gain ratings if you do! Myself, I watch to see what stupid things you will say!!!

October 27, 2012 at 12:59 am | Report abuse | Reply
  77. sherry

He might be an ass but watch how Pierce tightened up when looked in the eye and was confronted. I don't have that much respect for Robert Blake but I have less for Pierce. Pay attention to what he "preaches" and look beyond. He doesn't tell all that's out there. There is always two sides to every story and Pierce is definately bi-partison <sp??. Use a little bit of common sense people and draw your own conclusions!!!!

October 27, 2012 at 1:05 am | Report abuse | Reply
  78. tinhorn

why do you go on a show to not answer questions?

Anyone innocent would take their innocence, and run with it. Be happy to be free, and would stop telling everyone on the street who can listen that they are indeed innocent. It's the OJ syndrome. How many shows and books will come out with him professing his innocence?

The jury is the only one you need to get nervous about questioning your guilt. Anyone famous can just step out of the limelight and be free again by shuttin their damn mouths.

November 2, 2012 at 1:20 am | Report abuse | Reply
  79. willardsmythe

I would rather listen to old man Larry than Morgan. With all his money I believe he can fix those nasty yellow snaggly teeth. The old joke about the British having bad teeth is completely true. A lifestyle lift would be ok too. The women who are on tv have to be nipped and tucked and under 30, yet the men can get away with looking like Piers Morgan. Its hard to watch his snide self interview Robert Blake. I dont know if he killed his wife. It looks bad, but who knows?

November 10, 2012 at 4:36 am | Report abuse | Reply
  80. jamessavik

You are not Beretta. You are a loser.
    You are a pathetic, one hit wonder that hasn't troubled the public consciousness for the last 30 years.
    I don't know how you managed to sleeze your way out of killing your wife. Frankly, I don't care either.
    Have some dignity, put on a damn shirt and fade away

November 25, 2012 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  81. oldtimetvguy

I have watched Blake since the 60's on TV in series', on talk shows, in the news and now online. He has always been volatile, combative, confrontational, fixated on being king of the hill and sporting a very short fuse. I am surprised and impressed at the way Blake reigned in his temper before he boiled over and explained himself. He never would have done that ten years ago. As for Piers, he's being a good interviewer, gunning to get the guest to reveal himself, to let himself be known. If this interview had gone as I imagine Morgan had hoped, setting up that question would have given Blake an opportunity to make his case and set the record straight. It didn't go that way and if either one of them had done their homework, they would have better known what to expect of each other and possibly adjusted their approaches.

December 3, 2012 at 4:57 am | Report abuse | Reply
  82. Tamara Alf

I have to say that for the last few of hours i have been hooked by the impressive posts on this blog. Keep up the wonderful work.

December 21, 2012 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  83. Jason

I hope you volunteer to come get the guns in my neck of the woods. Piers

January 2, 2013 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  84. larry gossett

i thank folks should leave the man alone he has been through enough i respect very much as a actor and a man i wish one day i could meet him but more in likely that will never be because of people he stays to his self and i understand that because this world is getting bad folks don't have the love in there heart for people anymore i remember when you could leave your unlocked and never have to worry about folks coming in your home and if some one stop by even if you didn't really know him or her you would invite if they wanted to set down for supper but it just ain't that way no more i miss the way things use to be were you never met a stranger well Mr. Robert Blake i tip my hat to you in honor i love your talent as a actor and respect you as a man and may God speed go with you and Mr. Morgen may god go with you LARRY GOSSETT

January 27, 2013 at 9:02 am | Report abuse | Reply
  85. Larry Gossett

you know Mr. Morgan i thank they should watch who they sell guns to have a check up on them before selling them one and far as asult weapons i agree with Willie Nelson on that .

January 27, 2013 at 9:09 am | Report abuse | Reply
  86. Brice Estabillo

Divorce causes major issues with health insurance benefits. Many families have employer provided and/or paid for health insurance benefits that cover the entire family. It is not uncommon to see situations where the other spouse is a stay at home parent, with absolutely no access to health insurance benefits, or employed at a job with either no health insurance benefits available or those benefits available at a substantial cost. After a divorce, the spouse with the family health insurance coverage can no longer cover the other parent. They are no longer “family” members who can take advantage of one health insurance policy. How to then ensure that everyone stays insured does become an issue for negotiation and/or divorce litigation."*

Keep it up
    <http://www.healthmedicinelab.com

May 2, 2013 at 9:16 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • margerry

Shoot them in the head, blame it on someone they knew.our problem immediately goes away. ! Email Robert Blake or slasher up O.J. Simpson (you will have to write) for advice. Poof ....no worrying about health care...you just move on and everyone forgets how the child or children were protected by their father and his family.Make sure you hire your attorney in advance "Harland Braun " highly recommended. Must live in California though , sorry for you other fools ! AHahahahahah ....laughed the Court Jester

May 2, 2013 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  87. SYLVIA

Look at this hideous website:

Only a very,very mean/sick/hateful person would attack a dead person's memory.

June 18, 2013 at 4:39 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • margerry

Thank-you for the web page. I cannot believe they're still at it. Only the things money and fame can buy. This person is probably just a fan. star-struck and standing up for the man they seen in the movies by belittling his late wife. I had to deal with this stuff all day long for years right up until last year the latest. This stuff comes up when when people google my name and then I am fed to lions as most people assume that if you read it online or a man with a suit on says it , it is the truth.The part that hurts the most is that no one but myself ever brought to light the many good things Bonny did. It was much to fun to call her names and none of her so called friends and leeches would tell the truth as to all the nice things she did for them only help slander in hopes of being famous or have a star acknowledge them. Shame on the prosecutor Shelly Samuels(now a Judge) for assisting in the slander at trial and took a dive for a promotion. She was a nasty thing right from the start, I knew from the first time I spoke with her what time it was. So many ex LAPD involved in the set-up of Bonny to get murdered that the DA's office was afraid of more bad press as most of the Rampart cops are now private detectives who happened to work for Robert Blake. AHHHH the insider things that people like the starter of that page know nothing of. Well thanks for the post. At least some can look beyond the grand standing. Bonny's sister, Margerry Bakley

June 18, 2013 at 6:15 am | Report abuse | Reply
  88. scroobiusme

Oh Margerry, still trailing against the truth of your sisters life? You may not like the facts of our, but then, you were more than a little involved yourself with it weren't you? Uh huh...attacking Blakes older daughter? Classy baby, snark! Blake had NEVER revealed all he could about the disgusting antics of your sister, but you? Even willing to attack him for NOT running your sister down. As for your discomfort with the bakley murder site, no onr is surprised any of you hate truth. It's the only thing any of you avoided like the plague. well that and a days honest work...as for your house crap about how you could see all this coming, THEN WHY IS THAT NO RECORD OF YOU GOING TO THE POLICE BEFORE SISTERS DEATH? None. Nada. Oh sure, you were oh so concerned but why stop the gravy train, right? Where were YOU auntie Margerry when she was pumping your brother and get kids? Concerned but silent? Hmmm.but you sure we're talkative AFTER her death when the media light skinned on you. Talk about apples not falling far from the tree. Your whole family is cut from the same one.

July 4, 2013 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • margerry

I love you know it alls , that just hide behind your false name. You know so much but will not reveal who you are or where you get your knowledge. Blake is worse than anything you can say about Bonny. He is a murderer, she was a sinner but, never murdered anyone. If you'd like to discuss any other things identify yourself, otherwise you are just another slanderous troll.

July 4, 2013 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • margerry

By the way disparaging Deli was not on the menu, just the truth and never have I hurt his family even with my knowledge of their antics of the past.

July 4, 2013 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  89. Chet

Robert Blake... not only are you a liar...you are a murderer too...

July 5, 2013 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  90. connie

i'm sorry you lost your sister to murder margerry...it clearly eats at you if your numerous comments are any indication and it makes sense that losing a family member in a horrific way would...but, sometimes you sound exactly like the man you are railing against, Blake...i hope you can find peace and sorry you feel so many have let you down that knew your sister by not speaking out about how wonderful she was...maybe you should build your own website about it, use all the love you feel for your sister and the need for justice you have in a positive way instead of well...sounding almost exactly like Blake himself does when he talks about his situation...bitterness is a poison and it seems to have eaten at you and Blake equally badly...i'm sure your sister would not want you to be miserable...you mentioned the Lord in your posts...He commands, notice he doesn't 'ask' you to, but commands you to forgive...if you really believe Blake did it, you have to forgive him margerry and go on with your life apart from him best you can or risk becoming too angry, too hateful, and too bitter....i think it's horrible, the whole thing and sorry you feel the police and courts and all who knew her good deeds have let you and bonnie down...but when you attack his daughter Delinah as you have and imply the things you do in your posts, you just sound too much like he does and there's an irony in there i'm sure you don't intend but as i'm just reading some of the above posts it's all really very sad...i don't have an opinion one way or the other about what happened and don't want to join in with everyone else who feels they do, even those basing their ideas on this piers interview, which is silly imo...i do sympathize with you in that if a relative of mine were murdered i would also want the killer tried and convicted...clearly the courts could not convict blake, for whatever reason...conspiracy sounds a little far fetched imo because it implies people as judges or police are willing to risk their careers to conspire...on a high profile case that strikes me as very unlikely due to the additional public scrutiny but...i don't know...you were certainly closer to it all and maybe you should tell your story....if you build a website about it at least you can do it at your own pace when thinking clearly and in honor of your sister's memory...maybe you can talk about all the good things she did and stuff...maybe remembering all that instead of just focusing on where she and you were failed will help you somehow....the whole industry in LA strikes me as probably more seedy than not and so it doesn't interest me for that reason alone, but your sister was drawn to it, that is obvious....it should serve as a warning to more women or kids thinking about trying to get into acting or stuff like that...far, far, far too many women in our 'civilized' society are murdered by the men who supposedly 'love' them...they are raised as objects, act as objects, and then wind up getting treated like objects, and often disposable ones....it's horrible all the terrible messages that are sent to women about themselves, and i suspect your sister was just one of hundreds and thousands of women who think having a famous husband will make them beautiful, loveable, powerful, and rich too...but more often than not they are discarded like paper plates when the superficial male decides she's outlived her usefulness or if she wants to leave him, he decides that only he can decide when and where that will happen...i really hope that if it wasn't blake who killed her, that they find the real killer one day...till then, blake must, imo, be allowed to go on with his life best he can and even more so that you must too since it was you who lost your sister....i'm sure it devestated you terribly and probably still does....but you sound strong and could probably build something good in her memory if you can focus your energies on it, even the angry and erratic ones....i doubt you'lll find any peace for either yourself or margerry chasing down blake's reputation on a message board....no need to skate in the gutter when you can soar with eagles, right?....i hope you can find peace margerry, and happiness again, and spend more time remembering why margerry was special to you rather than why blake isn't....that's all...

November 18, 2013 at 3:22 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • margerry

Thank-you for your kind reply. Yes, you are accurate and for the most part I do take the high road. Its just that I've recently had an issue where the Bonny/Blake trial and a blog about me was presented in a court of law as factual when the blogger was an unknown and the truth was not in it , yet I had to spend a tear and thousands of dollars to prove my innocents in this case (too personal) anyway yes, I prevailed , but it was costly and painful, so I was angry when I replied to these posts. I've already extended an olive branch to Blake and his kin. I also was the one who had his charges reduced from lying in wait which would have been death penalty as I am a practicing Catholic and do not believe killing is the right way to handle such things. Margerry

November 18, 2013 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  91. Personal Training Long Island

This interview made me very nervous! Glad I wasn’t in the room for that LOL.

January 21, 2014 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply