Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

July 12th, 2012

How the media covered, and reacted to, Piers Morgan's interview with Robert Blake

On Wednesday, Robert Blake gave an exclusive interview, speaking face to face with "Piers Morgan Tonight's" own Piers Morgan.

In a riveting, and often combative conversation, the 78-year-old cursed his way through Morgan’s questions- ranting about everything from the murder of his wife, Bonnie Lee Bakley, to his estrangement from Barbara Walters.

But on the heels of yesterday's fascinating sit down, how did the rest of the media world react to the exclusive?

» The Hollywood Reporter noted the interview "turned volatile" as Blake lashed out.

» Mediaite tuned in to the "choice words" Blake used when describing those ‘rotten, bastard cops’ who arrested him.

» The Telegraph highlighted Blake's use of the term "con artist" when describing his dead wife.

» USA TOday described Blake as "feisty" and "ticked" at Piers Morgan.

» The Atlantic Wire calls the interview "The Stuff of Legend."
-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Piers In The Press
  1. BRUCE PARKHOUSE

I dont blame Mr Blake for being ticked off. Here is a guy who has 70+ years of acting and life experiences and Morgan ambushed him and went straight to the murder case. And then persisted when it was obvious Mr Blake dkdnt want to talk about it. This could have been a very interesting interview, but instead turned into a hatchet job. Good for you Mr Blake and shame on you Piers Morgan.

July 12, 2012 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • kool33

I agree 100%!!! As Robert Blake said you looked silly Piers you tried like every other repoter in history to get someone accused of murder to admit it.You had a Great Interview going and you crashed shame on you! Next time do your reasearch all the evidence showed he was inocent and you still tried to get an inocent man to admit to something he never did.This woman was married 10 times??? So how many other men did she SCREW over besides those 10!!! Many people probably wanted her dead and thats what you should have got into since he was found innocent! Especially, if Robert agreed on the terms of interview as he said and you did that to him,You looked silly how would you have reacted if you had went thru what he did!!!

July 13, 2012 at 12:37 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • june

Not guilty is NOT the same as innocent.

July 13, 2012 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
      • Kool33

Well June he's Free that's all that matters!!!

July 13, 2012 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
      • Kool33

Another thing June, are you saying an innocent man that goes on trial for murder and is found Not Guilty is NOT Innocent??? Are you from MARS or just a Lawyer???

July 13, 2012 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rick D

I don't care about R. Blake, he's a great guy/actor. Ever see "Electra Glide in Blue". But there's more important issues at stake. The banter about Obama and Mitt is ignoring the 3rd option. Gary Johnson should be sitting across from Piers full on about the issues. He's got more brains than both of the others put together. Did you see how Mitt just stood stone face and smiled when he was booed at the NAACP? A real man would have responded with his convictions.

July 13, 2012 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Kool33

This is not the place, get outta here with your political agenda BS!!!

July 13, 2012 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  2. ldylkngb

Unbelievable interview! Don't know how Piers kept his cool! And yet he kept to the point & showed empathy! Cheers to you Piers!!

July 12, 2012 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. BlakeOnThis

Sounds like a typical setup by an interviewer to take advanatage of someone who looses their cool easily. Entertainment for the bovine masses. Now, why do I expect more from the media? Oh, that's right. I DON'T. Off to Al Jazeera now for something of substance.

July 12, 2012 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Valerie

I thought it was discraceful the way that Robert Blake was treated, he was blindsided and
    you have to hand it to him for not walking out, even though he did use a lot of profanity.
    cheap reporting as far as I am concerned, anything to make headlines, without thought
    of the other person.

July 12, 2012 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Krg

I agree Valerie, he spent 4 year of his life and he is inocent. He is tired and wants to move on. Someone call "O" to give him a real interview or maybe some money! He should be helped. Shame on Piers Morgan!

July 15, 2012 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Sergio

I love Riley Blake, I love you, I love EVERYTHING that comes from that beautiful brain of yours!!I'm so stiiknn' happy for you Cyndi. Happy, happy, happy!! And happy for Riley Blake... they are so lucky to have you! I just grabbed Cherri's hand and joined in the happy dance. Oh, and next time we go to lunch... WE ARE HAVING DESSERT!

September 8, 2012 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. gdom

I will not watch Morgan for just the reason that happened on the show mentioned with Mr. Robert Blake. He borders on the ridiculous, is uniformed and has a a high opinion of himself which is not justified. What gives this guy the right to accuse anyone o a f lie. Does anyone really believe he (Morgan) didn't tell a lie to get this or any job.
    Go back Home

July 12, 2012 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jack

Absolutely! All he cares about is ratings and publicity and he achieves it by resorting to cheap ambush interview tactics. Like he did with Robert – shame on him, particularly for lowering the CCN standards.

July 16, 2012 at 11:19 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. cyndibanner

Please find someone else to take Larry King's place.......why in the world did CNN ever think that this Morgan guy would work out???? What an embarrassment to Larry.....He is rude, egotistical, and down right repulsive.....Please, take a vote and see what the public wants before you lose ALL your viewers....

July 12, 2012 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Margie

I totally agree with you. I didn't like the offensive language Robert Blake used and thought people that used God's name in vain were fined 25K. No one should get by with the language that is being used on TV this day and time. You are right they need to put someone descent in that spot and get rid of Piers. It is so sickening the way the women dress on the news networks now, no one has any morals anymore.

July 16, 2012 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. viv

I thought Piers looked shell-shocked during the interview. Of course, Piers was accusing Blake of being a liar when stating something to the effect of others accusing him of not telling the truth. It's so crazy for Piers to throw a question based on the elusive "others." Blake was so real and was good for him to stand up for himself against "gotcha" questions about the lowest points in his life. Obviously the poor guy has had a difficult life and yet interesting enough acheived success in Hollywood for a time. Piers should have conducted a more positive, respectful interview. He's arrogant, but I do still like him somewhat. I just hate that shallow question he asks: "How many times have you been properly in love." It's so shallow. Get real, Piers, and don't be so obvious with your questions that try to get the "exclusive" answer to boost your ratings. You would be better off not being so "Hollywood" rags and asking questions about one's values or influencial memories - anything that makes people unique to themselves. Please....

July 12, 2012 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Laura M.

This could've been a GREAT interview opportunity. Instead, Morgan was intentionally antagonistic and now relishes his perceived 'gotcha/exposure' of Blake as a madman. "You look old, you're insane, a murderer, a liar, and you can't act anymore; why are you so defensive?" Duh, ya think?!! "I'm not gonna sit here and let you kick my ass." Bravo Robert Blake!!

July 12, 2012 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. robertblakwasambushed

I agree with everybody else on this post: Piers Morgan was a jerk toward Robert Blake. he absolutely DID call Blake a liar, in his snooty, annoying way. I think Blake kept his cool pretty well in light of that. Morgan would have tread a little more lightly had he done his homework a little better and entered that interview with some respect for the guy everybody in this country has liked since they were kids, watching him in the Little Rascals, which has been on TV as reruns for decades, watched by generations, from my great-grandparents to my granddaughter. I wanted to hear a lot more about his interactions with the historic figures he has met in his lifetime. What a waste of airtime. Will read the book, look forward to seeing the movie Blake wants to make.

July 12, 2012 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Terry

Piers,

I watched in total silence as you talked to Robert Blake on Wednesday night. I know he was on there to promote his book but he had to know that at some point you were going to bring up the death of his wife. I know he was a little out there and you brought up the point that her family won a civil case against him regarding her death but in all honesty, it takes so little to win these civil cases that it is absurd that the law even allows these things to happen. I say this because when you're arrested, you are "innocent until proven guilty". However, when you are aquitted, they use the word "aquit" instead of "innocent" so you can see that the law is very misplaced when it comes to these matters. if you're innocent until proven guilty and you're found not guilty, you therefore should be considered innocent. The law needs to be re-written and I, too, would be a little POed at losing a civil case plus spending all that time in jail awaiting trial and every nickel I had to defend myself.

July 12, 2012 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Frances

Robert Blake was on Piers Morgan's program to promote his book, which didn't contain anything in it about his deceased wife. Piers, in all fairness, you were extremely provocative and were 100% wrong in bringing up the murder of Mr. Blake's wife. He didn't do the awful deed, and was treated appallingly way back when. He's sick of hearing about it because, quite frankly, he wants to be remembered and regarded as the fine actor he was, and is obviously telling his life story without getting into something he feels he does not want to discuss, nor feels it is something that rules his life. The interview was very badly handled. In fact, it was downright mean. I was squirming because of Piers Morgan's questions, not at Robert Blake's responses.

July 12, 2012 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Yolanda Zini

I applaud the manner in which you handled the interview with foul mouthed Robert Blake. He definitely need mental help. You were unflappable.You kept your "cool" as best you could. And you remained a gentleman. I watch you every evening and enjoy the diverse guests that you interview. Bravo senor!!!!

July 12, 2012 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • robby v

you're an idiot. it's obvious you have no perception on what was said. you must really be stupid. you must be a democrat. denial, denial, denial.

July 14, 2012 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. renegadesibe

I lived in Three Rivers, CA where it was common knowledge that Robert Blake had asked if a body could be buried along the the river and how hard it would be to cover a body with the river rock... this was before the trial... I still think he's guilty.

July 12, 2012 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Kool33

And all this hear say you talk of is all BS,wheres the hard proof!!!

July 13, 2012 at 12:45 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Kool33

Oh,and it's common knowledge he was found Innocent!!!!!

July 13, 2012 at 12:46 am | Report abuse |
  14. D.

ANYONE WHO THINKS ROBERT BLAKE IS NUTS IS EITHER NOT OLD ENUF TO HAVE WATCHED HIM ON JOHNNY CARSON AND MERV GRIFFIN OR JUST NEVER HAD THE OPPORTUNITY. HE HAS ALWAYS BEEN UNCOMFORTABLY HONEST, SPEAKING HIS TRUTH WITHOUT SELF EDITING. HE IS A UNIQUE MAN, A SURVIVOR WHO WAS DAMAGED BY ABUSIVE PARENTS AND AN INDUSTRY THAT ALSO ABUSED AND USED HIM FOR PROFIT AT AN AGE WHEN HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN NURSERY SCHOOL. I AM ONE OF THOSE FANS THAT LOVE HIM FOR THAT RAW AND AUTHENTIC HONESTY ! WATCHING HIM SO MANY YEARS AGO ON CARSON AND GRIFFIN WAS STIMULATING, FASCINATING AND ULTIMATELY MOTIVATING FOR ME TO RETURN TO SCHOOL AND OBTAIN ADVANCED DEGREES. YOU NEVER HEARD ANY BULL SH.– FROM ROBERT. HE DEVILISHLY CUT THROUGH THE CULTURAL FACADE. I HOPE AND PRAY HE WILL GET HIS WISH TO ACT AGAIN AND BRING ALL HE IS TO A GREAT ROLE.

July 12, 2012 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • cogboy

i can't imagine casting directors every where are not blowing up his phone. i live with an actor who has been in over 50 movies and as he watched he kept saying it was just like the old carson and griffin interviews: raw and startlingly honest. he mentioned a wally cox death rant that was pure raw grief at a friend passing. i'm trying to find it on youtube

i was not a fan before and i truly believed he murdered his wife but he came from the era in hollywood where he most certainly could have had his wife whacked an avoided all this b.s.. he made a lot of sense and his passion for his craft was overwhelming. i hope somebody in hollywood has the brains to harness that raw talent. if not, his appearance is truly a treasure despite piers morgan's rude and unprofessional bullying behavior.

July 13, 2012 at 12:15 am | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Tiny Tim

CNN has aired a number of programs on bullying. Last night Piers Morgan bullied Robert Blake during his entire show. I seldom watch Piers because he is so arrogant and rude. I wish CNN would let him get back to his beloved country of England. Why they ever hired him in the first place is beyond me!!

July 12, 2012 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  16. Bruce Barker of Idaho

Hi Piers , your interview with Robert Blake was by far the most powerful interview ever! I believe everything Robert stated and his anger, sometimes at you, is understandable. I felt you handled interview with great skill and understanding. I also felt Robert, after what he has been through, was understandable and actions expected. I hope those officers who were involved in his case viewed your interview. I just wonder if they can really look in a mirror and feel proud. I really feel he has been treated terrible and pray he gets his chance to make a movie. He deserves it if anyone ever did!! Robert hang in there buddy!!

July 12, 2012 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  17. cog boy

i hope the producers of this show read what everyone's been saying on the internet. piers morgan is a pompous jerk and a rotten interviewer. it was great to see a nearly 80 year old man seize control of his awful show and demand something not so disrespectful or boring. that morgan remained positively stillborn boring while blake electrified, really brings home the fact that morgan is way out of his depth. you know your interview has gone wrong when the audience is rooting for an accused murderer! it was rude to ask someone if they thought they were sane, suggest they were lying then preface each segment with lines about how unhinged they had become. it was tacky, unprofessional and had me hoping blake would REALLY lose it and deck that clown. alas, blake was sharp and refreshingly direct. he gave a serious beat down and drew more blood than if he'd shot morgan while sitting in a parked car! piers should watch out. ann curry is looking for work...

oh and one other thing... piers should maybe stick his hands in your pocket or something. that quasi-masturbation thing he does with his thumb in while introducing new segments is really kind of gross!

July 13, 2012 at 12:00 am | Report abuse | Reply
  18. Astrogravat

Piers, sometimes you are the worst of interviewers. You are such an easy shot, you fell right into Blake´s lap and you didn´t even realized it. Your producers are suckers, as bad as that new unwatchable sitcom called Newsroom. Plain rubbish as you would say. You are not very smart when it comes to “interesting” challenges. You think your formula is “priceless” and you lack the ability to “improvise”. It´s okey, we will give you another 10 years so you get it. Why? Because nobody else at least for now has the “charm”, but beware…

July 13, 2012 at 1:23 am | Report abuse | Reply
  19. Bernie

Piers Morgan and the producer of his show should be fired for the manner in which the Robert Blake interview was conducted. Piers Morgan badgered Blake and it made me angry! Blake seemed to be begging Piers to change the subject to his career – but Piers never got the hint – and the Show's producer didn't have enough sense to cue Piers either! Robert Blake has had a fine career as an actor. The interview could have been FASCINATING – if Piers would have allowed Blake to talk about ANYTHING other than the murder trial. I've been lukewarm about Piers up to now – but after this Robert Blake interview, I hope CNN does the smart thing and send him back to England. I'd like to see Piers back though when he's 79 years old.....for an interview on national television to see if he could be half as interesting as Robert Blake. FAT CHANCE!

July 13, 2012 at 1:54 am | Report abuse | Reply
  20. Molly

I found the interview fascinating. Mr. Morgan asked the questions I'd have expected him to ask. If no boundaries were set going into the interview, surely Mr. Blake ought to have anticipated questions of this sort. I wish they'd had more time, so that we could have heard more about Mr. Blake's acting experiences over the years (the story about the direction he was given in the movie "In Cold Blood" was really great). I agree that Mr. Morgan provoked him, but Mr. Blake is clearly his own man and he navigated his way through with a level of candor, emotion and self reflection that ultimately caused me to admire him. That neither man backed down is what made it a very good interview - one that clearly has us all talking.

July 13, 2012 at 9:30 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Bernie

Molly writes: "I wish they'd had more time, so that we could have heard more about Mr. Blake's acting experiences over the years (the story about the direction he was given in the movie "In Cold Blood" was really great)."

Piers Morgan and his producer(s) understood the time constraints. They also SHOULD have realized that the viewing audience, like Molly, myself and countless others, wanted VERY MUCH to hear about Robert Blake's fascinating career as an actor! Instead, what we witnessed, was a highly-paid television television host publicly berate a self-professed penniless human being with a fascinating story to tell. Piers Morgan made my blood boil! With the exception of 9/11, I was never so angry watching a television broadcast. It was/is inexcusable for Piers Morgan and CNN.

To add insult to injury, Morgan went on the air the following night boasting about the interview! What Piers needed to do on the following night was APOLOGIZE and inform his viewers that Robert Blake would be coming back in a SECOND INTERVIEW TO DISCUSS THE BOOK! It was evidently clear that Robert Blake agreed to do the show to discuss his BOOK, but Piers Morgan disregarded that entirely. Piers tortured Blake, as well as his audience. He needs to be fired.

July 13, 2012 at 11:51 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • impressed

Agreed!!

July 14, 2012 at 2:18 am | Report abuse |
      • Fran

I agree totally with all the blogs regarding the mishandling of Robert Blake's interview. I hope like so many that he gets an acting role and realizes how much the public appreciates his fine talent. A totally honest interview and very interesting.

July 14, 2012 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  21. john G

funny when I enter a negitive respose you find my Emal address wrong Jst goes to show your filter on this site

July 13, 2012 at 11:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  22. lauren

Pies Morgan was unprofessional, disrespectful, selfish and a total jerk to Robert Blake. This is an American acting legend and all you could try to do is get some info about his dead wife's case, as if you are so special Blake would confide something new with you. Who do you think you are? Arrogant! Idot Brit didn't do his homework didn't even know the acting royalty before him I hope Morgan is fired. that was not respectful journalism..

July 14, 2012 at 1:02 am | Report abuse | Reply
  23. impressed

It was a fascinating interview, and I yelled Kudos to Robert Blake for standing his ground and making Piers and his Earpiece accountable for trying get a headline and sound byte about the arrest.... thumbs down to my morning radio show which also took off on those bytes and made Mr. Blake sound looney, in context everything he said ran perfectly with the dialogue, and he never got off base or off in left field as was hinted to, he made excellent points as to the purpose of the interview and the discussion was headed just where Piers wanted with Blake's blessing until he was ramrod insulted by statements questioning his truthfulness etc. He's got a great story and I would love to hear more... on topic! I hope his "calling card' opens some doors, I'd pay to see him act again!!!

July 14, 2012 at 2:16 am | Report abuse | Reply
  24. Eric

I watched this so-called interview. Piers you are an ass! Pier's comments on what an interesting book – then he doesn't explore anything about the book, because he is focused on drilling for TV fame. I assume this was an Englsih version of Jerry Springer (but in this case it is the host that is the "a" hole). I thought it was funny – Robert keeps asking about the man talking into Piers ear – Piers says "no body is talking into my ear" and then a few minutes later – Piers takes the hear piece out. What a lying low life. I wish you would get your british butt out of this country. I would have applauded if Blake would have kicked your wimpy ass on TV.

July 14, 2012 at 10:29 am | Report abuse | Reply
  25. cogboy

it's fair to say piers was way of the mark on this interview but has anybody seen this?

July 14, 2012 at 10:32 am | Report abuse | Reply
  26. Shelby

I saw in Robert Blake, a broken and angry man, possibly in danger of another breakdow. I don't feel that Piers Morgan treated Robert Blake disrespectfully, but I do feel that Robert Blake should have had the opportunity to okay those types of questions before the interview. However Piers did NOT accuse Robert Blake and as Robert Blake stated he is rather thin skinned because of his experience, and has a tendency to misinterpret!

July 14, 2012 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Kool33

And so would you that's why Piers should have never went there!!!

July 14, 2012 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Eloisa

Love the pictures, of cosrue it is nice that they are sophotogenic. Steve and I have not seen such a beautiful gown!!Loved the picture of Blake and Jeff hugging at the ceremony.Great wedding day in pictures. Mary

August 1, 2012 at 11:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kool33

And yes, Piers was accusing him when he said he wanted to get the TRUTH that's what set Robert Blake off by accussing him he wasn't telling the truth about the death of his wife!!! I think you need to watch it again!

July 14, 2012 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  27. AntiDenial

I too have never been so mad watching an interview. Who the hell does Pierce Morgan think he is coming from England and insulting one of our Hollywood greats?! He was one of the Little Rascals for goodness sake! If this is what you have to do Morgan to get ratings, then both CNN and yourself have sunk to a new low. I was disgusted with Pierce Morgan. He should be fired and sent packing. Robert Blake did nothing to deserve the treatment by Morgan and CNN. The fact that he constantly insulted him in between segments was horribly rude for a GUEST on your show.
    CNN and Morgan owes the viewers and Robert Blake an apology. It was so upsetting to watch.

July 14, 2012 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  28. Dsk

I think with your ambush style you should get Dick Cheney and Bush Sr on the stand, I mean show and ask them some questions about the gulf oil spill and how that happened just days after his company bought the rights to the clean up equipment. I think that ambush-interview would be interesting to watch.

July 15, 2012 at 10:36 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Kool33

I agree lets get the Clintons on and ask about all their dirty deeds!!!

July 15, 2012 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  29. Ron E

This man should be in a mental hospital..... a dangerous nut case.

July 15, 2012 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Kool33

You absolutly right Piers is a NUT CASE!!!

July 15, 2012 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  30. Sue Blitzenburg

Congratulations Robert Blake! You obviously were upset with Piers for asking the questions that he did. There were nothing surprising about the questions. He was accused of murder, of course he would ask questions about it. IF he didn't the audience would be shocked. What you did Robert Blake, was make yourself look like a roving, upset and abrassive loonie. Where is the class? Piers came out looking mighty fine after all was said and done. You platformed a showcase for Piers that let the audience know that Piers remains calm and cool in high pressure situations and asks the right questions in the face of anger, upset, raised voices, name calling and just plain craziness.

July 15, 2012 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  31. ENO

Shame on Piers Morgan! Yes Robert Blake latest news was his wifes murder but a 70 year old mans life is much more. Mr.Morgan you are a disgrace to journalism.

July 16, 2012 at 12:40 am | Report abuse | Reply
  32. Mike

Piers you're an ass, and Robert Blake put you in your place. You own Blake an apology.
    You wasted your chance to properly interview a Hollywood legend.
    I would have loved to hear about his long career, and his great stories about the many other Hollywood stars he's worked with.
    Bring back Larry King, and you can get back to hacking into people's voicemail.

July 16, 2012 at 2:00 am | Report abuse | Reply
  33. kirk

Why in the world did CNN hire Piers Morgan, still fresh with the stink of Murdoch on him, to begin with? Because he can't get a job in the UK is why. CNN, who did you owe a favor to, exactly?

Mr.Blake was treated with IMMENSE disrespect and as if he's an amateur in showbiz or so desperate for air time that he'll sit and be roasted by some passive-aggressive, plain faced twit rolling his boogers between his fingers. You've GOT to be kidding me. Morgan, you're not David Frost. Not even Frost was Frost and once he figured that out, he was toast, just like your career already is. What? You trying to pass your stink off on to guests like Blake? You are way too wet behind the ears still for that.

He was a GUEST on your show. It's nice to see how you treat your GUESTS. Blake's not the first one you've been unforgiveably RUDE to. Anyone searching your past interviews can see that. I hate to tell you this buddy, but 'rude' does not equal 'intelligent' or 'insightful'. If you had ANY damned sense at all, you would invite him back and STICK TO THE BOOK and be demonstrably respectful to him.

Personally, I wouldn't blame Mr.Blake if he never, ever, ever went back on your show for any reason. He'd be better off using food stamps and welfare than the slug money that comes with having to tolerate two hours on your cheap set.

And btw, you will forever be known as "Charlie Potatoes". I fell out of my chair laughing at that, so thank you Mr.Blake for being strong in the face of all your calamity and managing to have a sense of humor about it too and managing to have a sense of humor about cheap shills like Morgan. And you're right, he IS boring!!

July 30, 2012 at 7:15 am | Report abuse | Reply
  34. Matt

Piers and Robert Blake are GOLD together. We want more!! Piers needs to have Blake on regularly. These two are wonderful together. Ratings gold. More please.

August 20, 2012 at 12:44 am | Report abuse | Reply