Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

July 12th, 2012

John Leguizamo on immigration: "That's like Nazi Germany time...it's terrifying"

Coming up this evening at 9 p.m., "Piers Morgan Tonight" welcomes comedien and actor John Leguizamo for an entertaining and enlightening face to face interview.

Well-known for his role in such films as "Romeo + Juliet" and "To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar," Leguizamo was born in Colombia, and traces his family roots back to a handful of different countries. Having, in many respects, realized the "American Dream," the 47-year-old admits to being bothered by immigration issues plaguing various communities and cultures:

"It's terrifying, I mean, that they think that it's OK to take kids out of schools, to - to stop a - a person and profile them because they look Latin. If you happen to be Latin, they're going to stop you and check you for papers," he tells Piers Morgan. "I don't think that's cool. That's like Nazi Germany time. It's terrifying. And - and - and it may - it saddens me that I'm in this country and I love this country and that they would treat my people that way. It's disheartening."

A self-professed fan of the president, the star voice from the "Ice Age" movie franchise wishes the incumbent had some help from others in Washington, D.C.:

"I love Obama. I love everything he does. And I - and I - and I just feel like he's the most dignified president we've ever had and he wants to do the best for this country," raves Leguizamo. "You know, Congress doesn't play ball with him. I mean Congress would rather undo this country than help the president. All the works programs he wanted to start, the health care, they slapped his hand, even in the immigration thing, they slapped his hand."

Watch the clip, and listen to the interview, as Leguizamo explains his philosophy as a father, and details the message he tries to impart upon his children.
-–
Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. Akpan Nkereuwem

Can't wait to watch it...OBAMA,WILL BE AMONGST THE 5 Best president of united states,always a smile and an infectious confidence,even in times of adversity..always audacious in hoping for the best for dis wonderful country on earth..with a retrogressive an insensitive congress,who rather bury their country,than help a president who has some answers to the problems plauging AMERICA!

July 12, 2012 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • pferryman

I think you are the first person who acknowledged that congess is to blame for the problem in this country. The president does not pass laws, the president does not declare war, Obama is not the one that got us in the war for 10 years that has put us trillons of dollars in debt. get off his back and get mad at the real idiots and then vote them out of office.

July 14, 2012 at 4:09 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Griff.

"Does this guy really speak Latin??? Very few do anymore, so just how late do you have to be; to be left so far in the rear, you still find excuses for playing catch up!"

July 12, 2012 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Griff.

"Barack Obama didn't eve have the right to a first term! He is useless, and even after three years, he's still locked into himself and can't see anyother point of view!
    "I did it my way!!!" Is what Obama still wants to be able to say, but has lost his compass!"

July 12, 2012 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • s0ul

Your are a fool. If you to want to blame someone, start with the Tea Party Republicans in Congress since they refuse to work with the President. Also, they have not bring up any job bills, only repeal ACA and support anti-abortion bills, that they promise in 2010.

July 17, 2012 at 3:41 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. pferryman

I watched this episode an have a question. I had to listen to his remarks twice before I was sure he said what I thought he said.
    This actor actually said the Mexicans discovered America. Now I live in NM and teach the history and I know that my ancesters were here on before the Spaniards came north and forced their ways on the indigent people.

Why did you ignore that statement. If the Spaniards discovered America, then Columbus Discovered America what about the Indian people who came across the land bridge almost 2000 years ago. We fought the Mexican American War, Remember the Almo? To make the south west part of the United states. That makes it part of a soverign nation and you need papers to travel to foreign countries. I would not care if the border was open to our side if it was also equally open the other direction but it is not. How can anyone take his views seriously when he can't even get his facts strait.
    Pat

July 14, 2012 at 4:01 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. its good from here

splendid one

July 14, 2012 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Ajay Jain

Piers Morgan interviews White House Chief of Staff Bill Daley to discuss Obama / Romney campaign issues but Piers Morgan Tonight Blog does not even mention the White House Chief of Staff Bill Daley's interview on his Blog. What a shame!

In this regard AC360 is the most current Blog of all CNN shows and I commend Anderson in keeping up with his Blog's currency.

I have considered Piers Morgan a very balanced interviewer but today while interviewing White House Chief of Staff Bill Daley Piers Morgan was very biased. I am ashamed of Piers Morgan. So from here on I am shifting my viewing to Rachel Maddow Show instead of Piers Morgan Tonight!!! Piers Morgan you lost a dedicated viewer tonight!!!

July 16, 2012 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Chris Fountain

Reblogged this on For What It's Worth.

December 1, 2013 at 9:14 am | Report abuse | Reply