Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

July 12th, 2012

Robert Blake on his sanity and troubled relationship with his parents

On last night's "Piers Morgan Tonight", Piers Morgan sat down with the very outrageous Robert Blake for an hour-long in-depth interview. During the exclusive interview, Morgan asked Blake "Do you think you have your full sanity?" to which he responded, "The truth is I think I'm sort of a mutation, or a sub-species."

"I think if I was born 10,000 years ago, I would have taken two or three people, gun off and started another tribe."

Blake also talked about his troubled relationship with his parents and their lack of affection towards him. "They didn't even talk to me," said Blake. "They paid more attention to a dog than they paid to me."

Watch the clip and listen to the interview as Blake reveals more about his difficult life.
-–
Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: The Piers Morgan Interview
  1. SHYGIRL

sounded to me like Piers (whom I am not a fan of because of his crudeness and no tact) had agreed not to ask Robert Blake about his 2nd wife. Yet he did it. That is in the past and Blake is trying to move on. I have been a fan or RB for many years. Am used to the way he talks. he is a fast thinker and has a good come back. Piers should go back to work for the crooked paper he used to work for.

July 12, 2012 at 11:42 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Name Joel*

Girl u crazy, and do is Blake.
      P.M. is a very, very intelligent man with years of education and journalistic background- great vocab, well-spoken, fair and honest.

Mr. Blake on the other hand, is a lunatic, self-absorbed, an egomaniac, violent, and probably did kill his wife!

I think you are infatuated, and that's okay, but don't let that blind you from reality! And I mean no disrespect towards you.

The last 10 min of that interview with Piers Morgan and Robert Blake told me everything about Blake, and made me grateful I didn't see the whole thing. I'm certain that other than perhaps a book promo for Blake, the strategy of having Blake on was show what a kook Blake really is. His crazy rambling that made no sense almost reminded me of Charles Manson interviews- allot of nonsensical gibberish.

July 14, 2012 at 4:13 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Pat

I tried to watch the Robert Blake interview but found it highly offensive that CNN chose "NOT" to bleep out the "GD's" which flowed from Blakes mouth. I don't understand why all the other profanity was bleeped but the "GD's" were not. I got sick of the exchange and "turned it off"!

July 12, 2012 at 11:54 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Joshua

Really? Cry me a river.. The man was falsely accused to killing his wife, had his whole ran through the mud and you offended by some him using some fairytale in vein? Really?

It's a myth, you know it's a myth.

July 12, 2012 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Joan

That was one of the meanest and saddest interviews I have ever witnessed. What if he is innocent? A jury found him not guilty and he was not registered to the gun used to kill her. He did have a very impressive career at one time and was very talented and he appears to be hoping that people can respect at least that part of his life. He is obviously a very emotionally fragile and tragic figure so bullying and hammering him when he was down was very mean spirited and unprofessional I think. It is like beating a homeless man. If he has anyone who cares at all about him, they better get him some professional help right now or there will be a very tragic headline soon. That was a train wreck of an interview and it was disappointing how some journalists almost reported with glee about the saddest parts like when he started to break down. What has TV come to?

July 12, 2012 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Maritza

Joan I agree with you 100%. Pier Morgan was very disrespectful in his interview with Mr Blake. He used him for his own personal gain in his line of questioning him.

July 14, 2012 at 7:25 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. C. Q. Kish

I found the interview profoundly disturbing, and I couldn't advance my recording of the show fast enough, until I heard it all. He makes a lot of sense–except that part about GOD, followed by plenty of God-damns. He's so hungry for a job offer, he continued to "audition" for his next offer all throughout the show. Whatever he is, at 79, he's afraid of nobody, and he appears to be hostile and angry, but HONEST (?). I hope he gets a good offer, but won't all the proceeds go directly to that family civil action. Perhaps he doesn't care; perhaps he just wants one more opportunity for celluloid before he cashes his chips. And another thing, isn't it time we stopped BEEPING out what is called by some as profanity. It's part of the conversation and should remain. Such a silly game.

July 12, 2012 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Lynn Christy

Piers Morgan, I have to ask you "Are you sane?" I find your body language and demeanor offending to many guests and to your CNN audience. Robert Blake is Robert Blake! Accept people for 'who they are and where they aret in life'. It needs not to be your responsibility or mission to "judge" or "diagnosis" someone that is being interviewed. Set some "rules" of social graces for TV Interviewing,and if the individual is not able to abide by the repect for the broadcasting station or the intended audience than say "Thanks, but no thanks to an interview." This was pre-taped an it 'presumed' and "presented" as Robert Blake was the bad guy, when in fact Piers Morgan, you, were the bad guy! Shame on you and shape up our interviewing and communication skills.

July 12, 2012 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • saywow

brilliantly put, could not have said it better.

Morgan hijacks people and then proceeds to embarrass them for their humanity. A brutal "hosting" job. I do not always like or agree with his "guests" but they are guests and should be treated as such. Not as toys for morgan to shame publicly.

July 12, 2012 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Beth

I thought Piers was inappropriate and a emotional bully on this interview. Robert Blake was found innocent so leave him alone. I am a fan of Piers but not on this one!

July 12, 2012 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. saywow

Piers Morgan is THE worst perpetrator on mainstream TV. He insults and bullies people behind a shiny journalistic facade. I delighted in Blake not putting up with Morgan's disrespectful ugliness. No doubt, Piers will malign and gossip and about and badmouth Blake every chance he gets this week and ask person after person :did that guy look sane to you" and such loaded questions trying to drum up agreement and make himself look good.

Please take Piers Morgan off the air!

July 12, 2012 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Saywow

Morgan does this nasty little number to any guest who he deems inferior to himself and gets away with it most of the time, this time a guy called him on his BS. And the fellow media reports "Blake goes berserk" How these media jerks stick together to protect each others hides so they can keep gossiping and insulting people is grotesque.

Morgan jumps on people's foibles and takes that as his cue to embarrass them on the air. Why do we tolerate it?

July 12, 2012 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Frank Kaltenekker

Hello Piers, Thought your interview with Toni Blake was insensitive and crass you behavded like a nasty snob Piers. Toni came on to your show with intentions of promoting a book and you grill him about the past. Most of us dont live in the past Piers we live in the present. I personally thought had Toni not been surprised by your attack over the murder of his late wife. He may have had been better prepared to answer the questions and to dispute with you who had motive to murder his wife. Think about it piers the cops and his wifes family had much better motive to commit the murder then Toni had, see Piers Toni had the $25 million in his account the cops and the family members did not. Piers we always say follow the money it leads to answers concerning this cold case. Your approach to Toni Blake and how you treated him was wrong especially being a host on CNN. You made yourself and CNN look bad and mean. You owe this 78 year old man an apology. Thanks Frank

July 12, 2012 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. T. Arehart

Please take Piers Morgan off the air! His interview tactics were offensive and some of the worst TV I have seen in years.

July 12, 2012 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Stacy G.

Wow, this is so hard to watch! I think Piers is doing a good job keeping his composure, I would have stopped this interview already! That must be the English Gentleman in him.

July 12, 2012 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Darren W.

Piers is a British Butthead. There is nothing superior about Piers when you compare his interviewing skills next to Larry King. Offensive and crude....why would anyone want to go on CNN with this clown...Piers is only superior to Glenn Beck...CNN...do yourself a favor and hire some real talent would you? Or coax Larry King back......send him back to News of the World...thats where his crude interviewing skills were groomed.

July 13, 2012 at 12:16 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • onutz

Awe man, Larry King would've handled that so much better, so would Tom Snyder for that matter.
      The comeback of a brilliant icon, acquitted and moving on to the future would've been a much more interesting interview.

July 14, 2012 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Rosie Deus-von Homeyer

Dear Mr.Piers Morgan,

May I give you an advise?Please,pleas,be VERY careful,when critisizing Americans. I lived in California,in New York;on Long Island;in Dallas,Texas for many years and I know their mentality. As a foreigner in USA,you ALWAYS have to say HOW GREAT;HOW smart;HOW rich the Americans are. You did not know? The Americans are the GREATEST nation,created by GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    As for Robert Blake...I watched your interview with him. If he commited a murder or NOT,only he knows and he said it ALL...he is talking ONLY to GOD. Fact is,he was aquited,therefore we,all presume he is NOT guilty.

Nevertheless,I found his statement,that he could have employed a PROFESSIONAL killer to comimit the murder..."I was worth 29 millions at the time of the crime" said he.

IWhoever killed his wife,he MUST HAVE BEEN sooooooooooooooooo PROFESSIONAL ,that s/he did NOT leave any EVIDENCE on the crime scene....NOT EVEN a hair for DNA.

July 13, 2012 at 9:12 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • NY NY

Honest ppl who have searched their souls with the desperation only necessity can provide USA or not, are not as shallow as you think.

July 13, 2012 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Margaret

Actually, I believe Morgan uses interview techniques used in torchure. He asks questions, and then talks over the answers, constantly hammering at the individual in a bullying manner, in the hopes that the interviewee will get confused and say something of interest. While he is clearly a talented individual, his methods, and CNN's support of them, are highly cruel and unethical, in my opinion.

July 13, 2012 at 10:41 am | Report abuse | Reply
  15. my name is Sal Preciado

I think Robert Blake is a man that knows how to survive in any place in the world because he is very knowledgeable and experience I would like to be his friend and I like to be in contact with him I am a song righter and I like to speak wit him ,it would be my dream come true my phone 310 345 8519 thank you I hope some one can help me

July 13, 2012 at 10:53 am | Report abuse | Reply
  16. air max jordan shoes11

Hi there, I found your site by the use of Google while looking for a comparable subject, your site came up, it appears to be like great. I have added to my favourites|added to bookmarks.

July 16, 2012 at 3:30 am | Report abuse | Reply
  17. Florence

Wow this is amazing.Have you heard the, Deaf Vibes ??If you dont, The guy who owns a bsenisus for DJing who is a CODA, which had a deaf father working with him. He wants deaf community to feel comfortable listening to music and which they can understand by using ASL videos.So may i offer you to have his video in his playlist and possible to spread your video around.Please concact me

December 15, 2012 at 9:29 am | Report abuse | Reply
  18. Jacquelyn Scobee

On May 18, 2010, CBS announced that the series had been canceled.The series currently airs in syndication, also on Ion Television, Wednesday Thursday, and Friday evenings in the U.S. and on Viva in Canada.[2] Sleuth channel occasionally airs it at midnight on the weekdays. In 2011, the show began airing on MyNetworkTV.:

Hottest blog post on our personal internet page
    <http://www.caramoan.ph