Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For August 13, 2012 – Mitt Romney and Barack Obama race to define Paul Ryan, Egypt president 'retires' military figures and Jennifer Aniston engaged to actor Justin Theroux...
• Mitt Romney and Barack Obama race to define Paul Ryan: "At two separate events in North Carolina Sunday, Mitt Romney sought to portray his new running mate, Paul Ryan as a reluctant budget warrior who went to Washington to change the status quo. The Obama campaign's Ryan offensive shifted into overdrive during the Sunday morning talk shows."
• Egypt's Mohamed Morsy sends defense minister, top general to 'retirement': "Egyptian President Mohamed Morsy shook up the country's powerful military leadership Sunday, replacing top generals and reasserting power the military claimed for itself before he took office."
• Viewers outraged after NBC cuts away from Olympics closing ceremony: NBC was pummeled by viewers who took to social media after the network cut away early from the closing ceremony of the London Games on Sunday to air a new television show, drawing outrage from those who tuned in for the highly anticipated musical spectacle."
• 5 things to know about Paul Ryan's economic plan: "Paul Ryan is the leading Republican thinker on budget issues in the House and his 2013 budget proposal - released in March and called 'Path to Prosperity' - takes aim at many of President Barack Obama's policies and proposals."
• Jennifer Aniston engaged to actor Justin Theroux: "Jennifer Aniston is heading back to the altar, after accepting a marriage proposal from Justin Theroux, representatives from both actors said Sunday."