READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For August 15, 2012 – Heartbreaking losses as Western wildfires rage, program providing protection for young immigrants launches today and the next iPhone goes on sale September 21...
• Heartbreaking losses as Western wildfires rage: "Whipped by high winds, wildfires in central Washington state have scorched some 28,000 acres and destroyed at least 60 homes, fire officials said late Tuesday."
• Program providing protection for young immigrants launches today: "Hundreds of thousands of people who entered the United States as children but without documentation can apply - beginning Wednesday - to remain in and work in the country without fear of deportation for at least two years."
• Former Obama campaign co-chair to stump for Romney: "A Romney campaign aide confirms to CNN that Artur Davis will stump for the presumptive Republican presidential nominee in the battleground state of Virginia."
• Wall Street prepares for more layoffs: "Big banks are unlikely to be broken up - but they will keep getting smaller by getting rid of a large numbers of workers. Wall Street financial firms cut more than 75,000 people in 2011, and their employees are bracing for another round of layoffs."
• Next iPhone goes on sale September 21: "iMore, the first blog to publish reports that Apple plans to unveil its latest iteration of the smartphone on September 12, is now saying that pre-orders will begin that day and that the phone will be released nine days later, on September 21."
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter