Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For August 29, 2012 – Relentless Hurricane Isaac 'not even half over,' Mitt Romney officially clinches nomination at condensed GOP convention and Lindsay Lohan a suspect in burglary, but no charges planned...
• Relentless Hurricane Isaac 'not even half over': "Hurricane Isaac is pounding the Gulf Coast with massive amounts of rain, sending residents who ignored evacuation orders to their roofs - and the ordeal has just begun."
• Mitt Romney officially clinches nomination at condensed GOP convention: "Mitt Romney officially clinched the GOP presidential nomination on Tuesday to move a step closer in his five-year quest for the White House."
• Iraq announces 21 executions in one day: "Iraqi authorities executed 21 people, including three women, after they were convicted of terrorism and spent months on death row, the nation's Ministry of Justice reported Tuesday."
• Isaac leads to 5-cent gas price spike: "Gas prices shot up by nearly 5 cents a gallon nationwide Wednesday - with one-day surges of as much as 14 cents in some states - after Hurricane Isaac cut output from refineries along the Gulf Coast."
• Lindsay Lohan a suspect in burglary, but no charges planned: "Investigators targeted Lindsay Lohan and her assistant as suspects in a Hollywood burglary, but the district attorney decided Tuesday there was not enough evidence to prosecute them."
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter