Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

September 4th, 2012

Live Blog: "Piers Morgan Tonight" at the DNC (Closed)

NOTE: This live blog is closed, but you can read what happened in the archive below.

Welcome to this evening's "Piers Morgan Tonight" live blog. Digital Producer Jason Kurtz will moderate. Follow the conversation, share your comments, pose your questions, and check back often for updates.

A few ground rules:

* Please refrain from using any inappropriate language or gestures. We want to keep this a lively, and opinionated conversation.

* By posting in this live blog, you agree any comments & content with your name and profile picture may be used by CNN, on any of it's platforms.

» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. Nina fox

The focus of the DNC is on the American Heart! Very wise strategy, starting with an incredibly powerful speech/story from a true American HERO, Tammy Duckworth. I stand up and applaud her courage and patriotism. She is the icon for so many individuals.

September 4, 2012 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. David C

I want to know what Occupy Wall Street demands are at the DNC.

September 4, 2012 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Curtis

It is time that everyone realizes the one man (The President) can not change anything. When you have two houses that refuse to sit down and and WORK together to act on policy. They must stop think the their party's is better that the other. What is needed, is to make care that if they can not work together, and find a plan the will work. Then cut their pay, and lock them into a room, until they grow-up. John Langdon who was in government and signed the construction, must be rolling over is his grave, at these adults who are actiing like little kids.

September 4, 2012 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. iamasister

When I am suffering chest pains I do not seek out the doctor who has experienced a heart attack. I find a doctor who has helped others get through illnesses he/she has never experienced themselves and done it well. I really don't care if Mitt or the president EVER were as poor as my mother was! I want a president who can make things better for this whole nation. Gotta tell you, in spite of some tremendous speeches tonight, and in spite of the fact that the first lady is one of the most admirable women I know, I think that man is Mitt Romney.

September 5, 2012 at 12:22 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Daniel

A beautiful speech by the first lady does not change that fact that one out of six citizens in this country live in poverty. This President has seen 18 million more people slide into poverty under his watch. Yes, he's given them food stamps but they want viable jobs. The jobs report comes out Friday after the convention. If the number moves below 8% the President can have some wind in his sails. If it remains high despite this adminstrations 5 trillion dollar shopping spree for several more months, I'll vote for Romney no matter what his views on social issues are.

September 5, 2012 at 12:33 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. L

Why is Piers so focused on the "taking out" of God??? 1) I believe the speakers *did* say all the normal "God bless" and such so it wasn't totally missing and 2) (and MOST important), aren't we supposed to be SEPARATING church and state!?!?!? Why is this the ONE THING of the evening you choose to harp on!?

September 5, 2012 at 12:33 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Mindy

Did I hear former governor Bill Richardson correctly? Did he actually say that Obama got rid of al qaeda??? Um, I don't think so!!!!! What a moron!

September 5, 2012 at 12:36 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. dan bersanti

I really like your interivews and the way you seem to confront the issues and push to get answers. I think the interview with the congressswomen Wasseerman lacked the intensity that I normally see and, frankly, let her "off the hook". I am a democrat so that is not the issue. I think you did a diservice to to the public by not forcing her to answer questions that are to the issues we are facing.
    Thanks,
    Dan

September 5, 2012 at 12:44 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Steve

In 2011, Romney declined to sign a pro-life pledge sponsored by the Susan B. Anthony List to support legislation to end all taxpayer funding of abortion and to sign a law to "protect unborn children who are capable of feeling pain from abortion." The pledge also commits signers to nominate judges and appoint executive branch officials who are pro-life. Romney's spokeswoman said the pledge could have "unforeseen consequences" and that Romney could not "in good conscience sign it."

September 5, 2012 at 12:44 am | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Robert

Jerusalem is not the capital of Israel! That would be Televiv.

September 5, 2012 at 12:54 am | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Edward

Michelle was amazing the DNC showed why they are right for the new And changing America and the RNC bored me to death with lies

September 5, 2012 at 12:57 am | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Deborah Proskow

I am a Canadian. I went to graduate school in New York City 1994-96 and lived there until 1999. My interest in US politics encompasses not only my concern about the world economy, but the most admirable and fundamental values that anchor the American nation. I don't know if Americans are aware how much their founding ideals influence Canadian perspectives (we Canadians are for the most part a British-influenced working class nation.) I have witnessed in New York City a reality of wealth I couldn't possibly imagine that truly made me feel unwelcome and uncomfortable! I am intently hopeful that Barack Obama succeeds in regaining the presidency because he has a true grasp of the reality of most people in this world! Michelle's speech was a surprising and unfortunate letdown for me (perhaps too sycophantic). I was most impressed that another speaker took the Republican party to task for meddling in a woman's choice to abort while upholding noninterference in 'fiduciary' business. Is it all about money in America? I love the USA and especially all my incredibly humane and generous (with heart and soul) American friends. So is this election all about money? We outside of America definitely live below your standard of living (yes, even that of your lower middle class), so why not stop whining and join the rest of us in the world by hunkering down, gritting your teeth and working toward the success of your most wonderful American ideals you've espoused for over 2 centuries!

September 5, 2012 at 1:02 am | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Kathy

Piers first night of coverage just once again reinforces how anchors in the major networks simply can't report on politics without imposing their preferences. For me, hearing a British lad clearly favoring one party over another is insulting. You are reporting on the news – give us the news without your spin. Wake up America and think for yourself. Are you better off then youwere 4 years ago??????

September 5, 2012 at 1:05 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • iamasister

I disagree! I (a republican) think Piers does a great job holding both parties feet to the fire.

September 5, 2012 at 1:38 am | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Ron

Piers, one of your final interviews, the one gentleman should check his facts. The Dems didn't have control of the white house, senate and house. They didn't have control of the latter. With Kennedy in Massachusetts and Franken in purgatory. That left just 58 votes in the Senate. Remember Obama’s inaugural dinner. Senator Kennedy suffered a seizure. Al Franken had not yet been seated because the previous senator had challenged the election. You need 60 to pass a bill. That is why the the bush tax cuts are still there to this day. By the time Franlen was seated. They only had control of the house for 4 months. Not 2 years.

September 5, 2012 at 2:26 am | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Kathy

One of your interviewers said that some democrat (famous and important?...) seemingly insinuated he would vote for Romney, and then later conceded he would vote for Obama...Who were they referring to? i missed that part.

Also i really appreciated your questioning about "better off before"...and the Rebuild the Dream gentleman's answer...some are (including me) and maybe some aren't financially, but certainly the country is more stable now than it was before Obama took office.

September 5, 2012 at 3:38 am | Report abuse | Reply
  16. albert

where are the income tax returns? & WHY haven't any of the Romney boys ever served in the Military? is their religions/ worried that Romney will begin WW 3 sending our sons to Syria...his money is his POWER ...

September 5, 2012 at 7:16 am | Report abuse | Reply
  17. WILLIAM

ROMNEY ON "MEET THE PRESS" ON SUNDAY..HE RARELY GIVES INTERVIEWS..HOPE NO MORE LIES..WILL HE FLIP/FLOP ?

September 5, 2012 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  18. bonnie

come on CNN, since when is Eva Longoria an expert to have prime time, how digusting, all of you at CNN should be ashame of your TMZ JOURNALISM, if Peter Jennings was alive today, he put all of you to shame, now I am changing my channel!

September 5, 2012 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  19. Vincent

Why would you guys wast your time listing to that guy. He's a out sider trying to find a way to fit in. I mean really Peirs is saying what he is told to say. The botton line is Mitt is not a Mason, do your home work people, only a Mason will be a presiddnf in this coumtry . Obama is a Mason and a Wall Street guy, just the right guy for the job, fof the International Bankers who runs this country. Watch what I tell all of you, Obama will walk back into the over office. He is the guy the International Bankers want in power. A guy with brain who know just what to say to the people to get the country up and running again.

September 7, 2012 at 2:32 am | Report abuse | Reply