Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For September 5, 2012 – Obama praised as Romney pilloried at Democratic convention, Turkish PM says U.S. elections hampering Syria action and Michael Strahan joins Kelly Ripa on "Live!"...
• Obama praised, Romney pilloried at Democratic convention: "A Democratic National Convention vital to President Barack Obama's re-election bid will hear from former President Bill Clinton on Wednesday after the first lady and other opening night speakers urged supporters to fight for a man they portrayed as a strong leader committed to equal opportunity for all."
• Turkish PM says U.S. elections hampering Syria action: "Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan said the United States is "lacking of initiative" on Syria and suggested that could be because of the upcoming U.S. election."
• DOJ accuses BP of 'gross negligence' in Gulf oil spill: The U.S. Department of Justice is accusing oil company BP of gross negligence and a "culture of corporate recklessness,' in the 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill, a charge that could significantly increase the damages BP could be forced to pay in the case."
• Housing improves in hard-hit swing states: "At long last, the housing market is improving in Nevada, Florida and other important swing states that were some of the hardest hit during the downturn. "
• Michael Strahan joins Kelly Ripa on 'Live!': "After 200 shows and nearly 60 guest co-hosts, Kelly Ripa has found her co-host match. As expected, 'Live!' rolled out the red carpet for NFL great Michael Strahan, who joins Ripa as a new permanent co-host following Regis Philbin's departure last November."
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter