READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For September 6, 2012 – Obama to speak after forceful Clinton endorsement, Democrats update platform with Jerusalem, God reference and Roger Federer crashes out as Andy Roddick says goodbye at U.S. Open...
• Obama to speak after forceful Clinton endorsement: "President Barack Obama speaks Thursday to the Democratic National Convention that nominated him for re-election, following a forceful political endorsement from former President Bill Clinton."
• Democrats update platform with Jerusalem, God reference: "Democrats voted to update their party's platform Wednesday evening at their convention to include a reference to Jerusalem being the capital of Israel, as well as the insertion of the word 'God,' neither of which was included in their platform this year but was in previous platforms."
• Turkish woman awaits trial after beheading her alleged rapist: "A woman in Turkey is awaiting trial after beheading a man who she says raped her repeatedly for months and is the father of her unborn child. Her lawyer says the woman killed the man to protect her honor."
• Outlook gloomy for August jobs report: "The stakes are high and the forecast is gloomy, ahead of the August jobs report scheduled to be released Friday by the Labor Department."
• Roger Federer crashes out as Andy Roddick says goodbye at U.S. Open: "Roger Federer crashed out of the U.S. Open after a surprise defeat at the hands of Czech sixth seed Tomas Berdych, ending the world No. 1's hopes of winning a record sixth title in the professional era. Juan Martin Del Potro brought the curtain down on Andy Roddick's glittering career by beating the home favorite in four sets in their rain-delayed fourth-round match."
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter
Last night, I witnessed the Mayor of Los Angeles preside over a fraudulent vote held three times in succession, and passed even though it was resoundingly voted down.
The negative push from the delegates underscores the radical flavor that permeates the democratic party.
Im a proud Independent and not impressed.
My family and I were registered Republicans but Mitt Romney is a pathological lier and as evil as Bush. I am proud to say we will be all voting for President Obama.
Thank you, J. Goodyear! Romney was on Fux Noise yesterday doubling down on the LIE that Obama has eliminated the work requirement for welfare recipients. He knows that's a lie and keeps repeating it. These people are shameless–not fit to run a lemonade stand, much less the country. Their entire m.o. is just to LIE and keep REPEATING LIES. The press is also generally worthless, because these LIARS are NOT being called out on their LIES. I'm so grateful that at least one other person can see this.
One feels proud to be an American when you hear President Clinton and President Obama speak. With all the that is going on in the world you know men like these made America what it was.
As an independent I am voting for President Obama.
get more info
Romney will begin WW 3 & send our sons to war..BUT not his 5 sons..NO MILITARY service for any of 6 Romney men..AND where are the income TAX returns ???
Notify me of new comments via email.