Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

September 14th, 2012

Coming up Sunday: Tony Robbins talks to Mark Cuban

Coming up Sunday evening at 9 p.m., peak performance business strategist and best selling author Tony Robbins takes over the reins of "Piers Morgan Tonight." The guest host welcomes entrepreneur and business magnate Mark Cuban to the program for a lively and engaging conversation on what it takes to "Keep American Great."

During the conversation, Cuban revealed his sentiment on the current state of politics in America:

"They both scare the hell out of me," he exclaims. "They really, really do ... A lot of it comes down to the devil I know is better than the devil I don't know."

"I know [Barack] Obama," explains Cuban.

"And I have a sense of what he's going to do. It's like any other ongoing business. I'm not gonna make someone I don't know, who's not being really forthcoming, who's not giving me details, I'm not gonna hire him as a CEO of one of my companies."

Watch the clip, and listen to the interview, then tune in Sunday at 9 p.m. as Robins also welcomes casino boss Steve Wynn and business magnate T. Boone Pickens for a candid conversation on the country, the economy, and corporate responsibility.
___
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Guest Host Week
  1. Monica Hendricks

Watched interview with Cuban. What specifics has Obama laid out for the next 4 years? I wish I could watch an interview where the host is objective and asks the guest to think critically. Also, if you want to pay more in taxes, go ahead-don't use deductions and pay your rate? U want to pay 40% of your income-be my guest. I'll believe it when I see it!!

September 16, 2012 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Virginia Gregerson

Monica there are already specific policies trying to get approved by "just block anything" representatives so look at the next interview where the republican talking points were displayed beautifully by another Sheldan Adellson type who does not support America financially due to the way they use the tax system. Would love for us to work together and yes I am in the two percent.

September 16, 2012 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Monica Hendricks

Next interview did provide a more balanced approach to differing opinions, but I guess what really got to me was when Robbins and Cuban both said that they would be happy to pay higher taxes. Anybody wanting to pay higher taxes should-what is preventing them? Don't wait for congress-just write a check to the IRS. I am glad that you are in the 2% and I realize the work it takes to get there. I am not in the 2%, but I do not feel that you paying more is going to create a single job or bring down debt. I guess we'll have to wait for the debates to see if either candidate has specifics for the next 4 years.

September 16, 2012 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
      • jeremywhooten

Well, what the previous poster said makes a lot of sense. If you want to pay more taxes, go ahead and send your money to the Treasury. No one's stopping you. If higher taxes are so great for this country's liberals, then go ahead and send more money to the Treasury. You don't even need Congress to do that.

September 17, 2012 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Lee Benton

It was a pleasure to watch Tony Robbins tonight on Piers Morgan's show. Tony is strong, kind and smart. I think he would make a great replacement for Piers Morgan. I thought Mark Cuban was accurate when he made the statement that Romney doesn't give any specifics because he doesn't. He's a politician speaking out of both sides of his mouth saying nothing in hopes of getting elected.

September 16, 2012 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • jeremywhooten

I think we'll get more specifics during the three nationally televised debates that are coming up in October.

September 17, 2012 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • RichardH

Well, Lee. I thought Mark was inaccurate when he said he knows what Obama's plans are. Outside of tax more and spend more, I don't know of any plan he put forth. When he did send a budget to Congress, it failed in the senate 97-0. Nobody on either side liked it so don't blame the block anything republicans. They can easily say the democrats are "block anything" since they will pass nothing that does not include huge tax increases. Obama campainged in 2008 with not much more than "Hope and Change",

September 17, 2012 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. aNNIE

Great. How can I get a copy of the tape?

September 16, 2012 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. curls1

Obama has done nothing in his life. Robins and Cuban have accomplished great things in their lives. Obama is not a commander in chief, he is a campaigner in chief. That is what he is really good at. Now the CNN watchers say Romney isn't giving specifics. What specifics is Obama giving. At least Robins and Cuban admitted that politicians can not directly create jobs.

September 17, 2012 at 12:32 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • montegobay

You are comparing apples and oranges...

Running a business is totally a different task than being in office. You own a business – you are basically king and you tell everyone what to do. Cuban said he rather have the devil he knows vs the devil he doesn't know... Those 2 GOP guys can be the best thing or could the worse thing ever... but their track record ain't great in being consistent.

Plus that Ryan guy likes to lie a lot - from his running time to legislation he passed, and now blames on Obama...

September 17, 2012 at 4:46 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Lisa Monette

When Larry King left CNN so did i..I try to watch Pierce because of the guest list...but he SUCKS compared to the brilliance of Tony Robbins!!! Tony is moving the country forward...and he is ana amazing host...He draws possibility out of the guests...Its WHAT the country needs!!! Morgan is no whinny...negative...arrogant...Tony is a true American hero!! Please bring him on more...Brilliant host tonight!!! Bring him on again...He will move the needle forward with class!!!!!

September 17, 2012 at 12:51 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Curtis

Tony Robins interviewed – most likely 3 of the smartest business men I have heard. Wow what a difference in America if the men's ideas could be implemented – use our own resources – use our knowledge to improve technology and reward folks with good ideas. Wow...

September 17, 2012 at 1:04 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. dwight

First off; probably Top 2 Piers show for me period. Robbins,Cuban, (forgive me if I am wrong) Pickins and Wynn. All breathing the same air. Robbins, love ya. Period. Cuban, you said it best to where this gen of people might understand it.Of course we are better off than we were 4 years ago. PERIOD. Perfect world, heck no. Better, of course. Dem, GOP, and those other folk. Better. Mr Wynn, truly, I respect you. Heck, you own Vegas, my FAVORITE place in the whole wide world, but you scare me with your view. But how can you argue with sucess. Thanh you all for everything. Peace

September 17, 2012 at 1:38 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Floyd Marinescu

I absolutely loved watching Tonny Robbins as the host. The questions he asked really mattered. This is highly positive and educational journalism.

September 17, 2012 at 11:40 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Betty Garcia

I try to watch Pierce because of the guest list...but he SUCKS, he is arrogant and his interviews are always with a negative approach. Please it will be wonderfill for Tony Robbins to host this hour. I miss it. I was a pleasure watching him last night he is wonderful. Steve Wynn was right on about President Obama's policy and the current situation of our country. Great Show

September 17, 2012 at 11:57 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mark Bruening

I agree with you Betty, Piers is unwatchable. Tony Robbins is great! Enough of good cop / bad cop politics. Gary Johnson for president!

October 21, 2012 at 12:23 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • lory

i used to be an avid watcher of Larry King (the King) but since Piers Morgan took over I have not enjoyed much of his interviews... ya he sux.. Last nite Tony Robbins changed all that.. Tony is brilliant, positive, speaks clearly and is a fast thinker. Please consider Robbins to host this hour. It would be a pleasure to get back on CNN on that hr. Thumbs up for last nite great show !!

October 21, 2012 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Sharman Marchant

How can I get a copy of the transcript???

September 17, 2012 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • jeremywhooten

If you prowl around on CNN's site or google for CNN transcripts, the transcript of this show has been posted.

September 17, 2012 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. lawrence

Why haven't the 6 Romney men AVOIDED SERVING IN THE MILITARY?AND WHERE ARE THE INCOME TAX RETURNS FOR THE LAST 10 YRS ?...DOES HE HAVE TAX SHELTERS HIDDEN IN 6 COUNTRIES ? THAT IS THE RUMOR WHERE HE WAS BORN & RAISED ? whhy should he be the Pres. of this country if he does not respect the "red white & blue ??a mistake..'WHY HAVE THEY AVOIDED ",,SORRY...

September 17, 2012 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • jeremywhooten

I don't give a flying fig about Mitt Romney's tax returns.  If he passed muster with the IRS, he passes muster with me.  We can assume the IRS is fine with his taxes because he's not in prison for tax evasion. The ONLY THING I care about is J-O-B-S and the economy, which are both a mess under Obama's watch.

"Anyone may arrange his affairs so that his taxes shall be as low as possible; he is not bound to choose that pattern which best pays the treasury. There is not even a patriotic duty to increase one's taxes.  Over and over again the Courts have said that there is nothing sinister in so arranging affairs as to keep taxes as low as possible. Everyone does it, rich and poor alike and all do right, for nobody owes any public duty to pay more than the law demands."

Learned Hand (1872-1961), Judge, U. S. Court of Appeals in the case of Gregory v. Helvering 69 F.2d 809, 810 (2d Cir. 1934), aff'd, 293 U.S. 465, 55 S.Ct. 266, 79 L.Ed. 596 (1935)

September 17, 2012 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • dwight

jeremy sir, here is the problem. I am not sure your age but I am a 57 yr old male. every movie I ever saw with bogart, cagney and up til today, ANYONE that put money into an off shore account like romney has was because they did not want SOMEONE to know about that money. now for everyday joe that is not a problem, I can understand. but this man is running for the office of the presidency of THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. you can believe that romney has a substancial amount in (those) accounts. first off, why not let your money work for you where you are running for presidency. or do you not have faith and belief in our banking system. now, if we do not know what is in those accounts, how can you,the irs, know the true amount to be taxed. you can believe that romney has SOMETHING to hide in his finances. therefore, how can he hold the office and blatantly be untrue about his personal holdings. as mark cuban said. I'D RATHER DEAL WITH THE DEVIL THAT I KNOW RATHER THAN DEAL WITH THE DEVIL I DO NOT KNOW. makes sense to me. peace

September 18, 2012 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Why won't you report fairly

I notice you won't play Steve Wynn's full video interview with Tony Robbins. Is that because he doesn't favor Obama and is critical of him and his administration and favors Mitt Romney?? I notice your willing to show Mark Cubans interview about Obama because he's favorable. Another example of media bias don't you think?? Be fair and play the entire Steve Wynn video not just a portion.
    What are you afraid of?

September 19, 2012 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Believe In Science More Than Politics

Hi Piers,

So interested that you posted something like this. After my beginner/childish experience with Tony Robbins look a likes and wasting my money, I learned alot from them. He and his coaches are extremely business smart. And hello! who I am to talk about them. Please, read this for a good laugh if you decided to not post it that is totally fine with me.

I do not care anymore if Obama or his other significant gets chosen. But why a person like you brings people like Tony Robbins on his show? That is what I call it a disaster. I am happy to be an American Citizen and I am loving it here, but I am learning that even in America I should believe in science more than politics.

Have a good one, hopefully one wins the election soon and the battle goes away.

October 15, 2012 at 12:25 am | Report abuse | Reply
  14. jayne daou

I see Tony Robbins doesn't ask Wynn about being under investigation under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act like Sheldon Adelson. Gee, maybe that's why he's anti-Obama because we know for sure that Mittman is not going to after any bidnessman.

October 20, 2012 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. CrangeCab

カシミャ 大規模 新作 簡潔なデザイン 優れた 華やか 精巧な [url=http://www.jplouboutinkutuoutlet.com/]ルブタン 通販[/url] 華麗登 購買 きじ 華やか 上質な風合いを持つ ウォーム 母 彼ら
    ないこうしょう ピーナッツ バター ジョギング つまさき ぶらい はいぼく ばくちく ちゃくそう ドア ハンドル ミリオン めいもく [url=http://www.jplouboutinkutuoutlet.com/]クリスチャンルブタン 取扱店[/url] うろ めあたらしい よりすぐる りんや りゅうちょう ワイプ アウト ふまんぞく トレーニング ほうきょう ぞくみょう
    平民の価格 心のこもった ふんわり 2012 人気新作 卸し売り [url=http://giuseppezanottikutu.com/]ジュゼッペザノッティ サイト[/url] 小売価格 可愛く 格安 足が速い 逸品 かかとの高い靴 寝巻き 解禁シャツ
    いつくしむ べらぼう かんりゅう サウンド エフェクト ようせき たずねあわせる かなしがる ばぞく こうはいしゅ [url=http://giuseppezanottikutu.com/]ジュゼッペザノッティ 通販[/url] こしょく きゃく おうきゅう ゆずりじょう くれがた スタミナ いたがる こうばいすう ネット
    きぬ 高級感はある やすい 著名 人気のある [url=http://www.christianlouboutinkutu2013.com/]ルブタン サイズ[/url] 焦点 メイデン 胭脂 ギフトを 正規品 ポリエステル 娘 彼ら 児童 やすい
    はぜ きょくど くぐる じきゅう くびじっけん かけうり りおち いもがゆ けむい [url=http://www.christianlouboutinkutu2013.com/ルブタン-新作-outlet-12.html]クリスチャンルブタン 店舗[/url] きもち おの ファントム したしみ つりせん ユーカリ かねがね たきしめる だっぽう よだん さいこうてん

April 9, 2013 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  16. ルイヴィトン3つ折財布

激安の大特価で販売中です新作コピー
    ドルチェ&ガッバ―ナベルトスーパーコピー|ブランドコピーベルト|ドルチェ&ガッバ―ナベルト偽物|最高級ドルチェ&ガッバ―ナスーパーコピー販売|激安ドルチェ&ガッバ―ナベルト|偽物ドルチェ&ガッバ―ナベルトコピー|(D&G)ドルチェ&ガッバ―ナベルトー
    弊社はD&G コピー商品特に大人気のD&Gベルト種類とサイズを豊富に取り揃えます 。