Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

September 17th, 2012

Clips From Last Night: Steve Wynn on self-esteem and T.Boone Pickens on U.S. natural gas reserves

On Sunday, peak performance business strategist and best selling author Tony Robbins rolled his chair into the studio, serving as this round's final "Piers Morgan Tonight" guest host.

As part of Robbins' special appearance, the 6'7" 52-year-old welcomed American business magnate Steve Wynn to share his thoughts on the secret to a successful company.

Explaining that he tries to cultivate a "very familial kind of organization," the chairman and CEO of Wynn Resorts went on to add:

"The notion that a single person, acting alone without anybody watching, can change the course of an enterprise is probably true as much for a company as it is for a country...anything that increases someone's self-esteem is much more powerful than money."

Also as part of Robbins' Sunday show, oil magnate T.Boone Pickens joined the program, sharing his plan to wean the United States from OPEC oil and invest in domestic energy, specifically natural gas:

"We have more natural gas than any country in the world. And so if you take it to what we call barrels of oil equivalent, we actually have three times as much oil – not oil, but it's barrels of oil equivalent," said the 84-year-old whose name adorns the football stadium at Oklahoma State, his alma mater.

Watch the clips, and listen to the interviews, as Wynn further explains how individuals can impact a company, while Pickens elaborates on the "Pickens Plan," which he insists will bring soldiers home from the Middle East.
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Clips From Last Night • Guest Host Week
  1. JJ

Tony.....

What Mr. Pickens did not mention is that FRACKING for natural gas has the possibility of contaminating natural underwater drinking supplies.

Mr. Pickens.....if I heard correctly....somewhere in Oklahoma.....has purchased land that has a very large underwater drinking supply. I have also heard that he has said that drinking water is the new oil and gold of the future.

Just here say when words are written.

They are going to start fracking for gas in my area of the NE and I am doing everything I can to protect myself and my water well . I can live without the natural gas. I cannot live without water.

September 17, 2012 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Larry

Piers,
    I am watching your interview with Jesse Ventura, and you are NOT LISTENING! He is dead on the truth; EVERYTHING he is saying is based in fact if you just FOLLOW THE MONEY...it is a classic case of MISDIRECTION;
    INVESTIGATE what he is saying and you wil find it's true; we got HOOD WINKED big time and it's happening right now, and of course Romney and his crew wants to take it back to the days of W, more money in the pockets of people who don't need it, wanting wars that make money for people who make weapons of war and being able to BUY their way into control, legally, by elections of officials who want to take this country to the good old days; WHITE MEN with the power to make minorities and women powerless..be careful, you are beginning to sound like the Brits of old!
    CHERIO OLD CHAP (SP) U DON'T SEE IT CAUSE U AREN'T LOOKING!

September 17, 2012 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Why?

When will you invite Annie Machon ? Why won't you invite her? Who are you afraid of having her on your show?

September 17, 2012 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Why won't you report fairly

I notice you won't play Steve Wynn's full video interview with Tony Robbins. Is that because he doesn't favor Obama and is critical of him and his administration?? I notice your willing to show Mark Cubans interview about Obama because he's favorable. Another example of media bias don't you think?? Be fair and play the entire Steve Wynn video.

September 19, 2012 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • The part of the interview not shown on CNN

It is on you Tube now. Search for Tony Robbins hosting Piers Morgan – Segment 4

October 3, 2012 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Elle Montgomery

I am wanting to see the full version of Tomy Robbins interview with Steve Wynn!!!!! Please allow us to see full version.

September 19, 2012 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Maria Tinajero

I'm with you, it's sad they have to play politics in this show as well!!! Not fair!!

September 20, 2012 at 8:37 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • LA

Hah.....You mean the 'Fair and Balanced' network isn't so fair and balanced!!! ....And they wonder why their numbers are in the toilet!!!
        I used to exclusively watch CNN. No more. At least NBC and FoxNews are out about their biases. To pretend to be impartial and then to distort through omission and manipulation is condescending to the viewer.
        I am disgusted and reminded why I turned away from this network every time I briefly tune in while flicking through the channels....Big old 'ick'.

September 21, 2012 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Maria Tinajero

Youtube: Tony Robbin hosts Piers Morgan...has all 1-4 segments!

September 20, 2012 at 9:33 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Timantha

Thanks Maria! That's what I was looking for.

September 25, 2012 at 7:15 am | Report abuse |
  6. Maria Tinajero

Play Winn's full video!! Why are you so Biased??

September 20, 2012 at 8:34 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Maria Tinajero

Youtube- Has all of Winn's interview, go to: Tony Robbins hosts Piers Morgan...it's all there!!

September 20, 2012 at 9:37 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Garth

Steve Wynn said he supported Obama in 2008, but if so, why did he donate $28,500 to the McCain Victory Committee in 2008 and nothing to Obama?

October 20, 2012 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. dvaccari

on Steve Wynn Steve wynn is truly a visionary. He has created several hotels in Las Vegas that are absolutely beautiful. The Golden Nugget, Mirage, Bellagio,Treasure Island, Wynn, Encore just to name a few.I take exception when he refers to his employees as his family. I'm sure that myself and 1700 other employees didn't feel like much of a family member when he closed the Desert Inn in 2000 and sent us all scurrying to find other employment. When he was asked by an employee right after he bought the Desert Inn what was in store for us, his reply was, "We are going to grow old together. " It was only when he was before the gaming board in Carson City that he had to admit that his intention was to tear it down. Steve Wynn does pay his employees a good wage, often times more than the union scale. But make no doubt about it, he demands loyalty. His employees if they were asked would like his brother admit that they fear him. His vanity makes him try to hide the fact that he is leagally blind. Finally, I would like someone to explain to me why the Sheraton hotel chain spent 260 million renovating the Desert Inn and then within two years sells it to Steve Wynn for 176 million. I detect another sad case of Romnesia.

October 21, 2012 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. JLRA

Shocking that the full video is not on CNN...why must our media control what we view! Does anyone see what this is? It is the future of Communism! It is what happened in Nazi Germany!!

October 22, 2012 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply