READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For September 21, 2012 – Apple fans scoop up iPhone 5, Pakistan protest against anti-Muslim film turns violent and launching a new war on cancer...
• Apple fans scoop up iPhone 5: "As Thursday night became Friday morning around the world, some of those diehards who spent hours waiting in line were greeted with open doors at Apple stores and other retailers selling the new iPhone 5."
• Pakistan protest against anti-Muslim film turns violent: "A peaceful protest in Lebanon and a violent one in Pakistan highlighted Friday demonstrations against a film and series of cartoons recently published in France mocking the Muslim Prophet Mohammed."
• Mitt Romney pivots after controversies distract campaign: "Republican challenger Mitt Romney tweaked his campaign strategy twice this week in an attempt to refocus the election debate on President Barack Obama's record after controversial remarks that brought criticism from both his Democratic opponent and some GOP colleagues."
• Japan Airlines cuts flights to China: "Shares of Japan Airlines tumbled Friday after the airline announced it was cutting flights to China amid a dispute over islands in the East China Sea."
• Launching a new war on cancer: "Fifty years ago, President John F. Kennedy came to Houston and told the world that the United States would go to the moon before the end of the 1960s. On Friday, Houston's MD Anderson Cancer Center is announcing its own 'Moon Shots Program,' aimed at significantly reducing the number of deaths from a handful of cancers by the end of this decade."
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter
The iPhone 5 is a touchscreen-based smartphone developed by Apple Inc.. It is the sixth generation of the iPhone and succeeds the iPhone 4S. The phone is a slimmer, lighter model that introduces a higher-resolution, 4-inch screen to the series with 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio. The phone also includes a custom-designed ARMv7 processor called the Apple A6, an update to Apple's mobile operating system known as iOS 6, and support for LTE.^:.`
There are more than 7,500 known cultivars of apples, resulting in a range of desired characteristics. Different cultivars are bred for various tastes and uses, including cooking, fresh eating and cider production. Domestic apples are generally propagated by grafting, although wild apples grow readily from seed. Trees are prone to a number of fungal, bacterial and pest problems, which can be controlled by a number of organic and non-organic means...`'"
Have a look at the most popular post on our internet page
Notify me of new comments via email.