READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
On Wednesday evening, Piers Morgan sat down with "New York Times" columnist Nicholas Kristof who gave his feedback on Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's address to the U.N. General Assembly. "I think that he has been under pressure at home, frankly, for this wackiness. A lot of Iranians are just embarrassed," surmised Kristof regarding Ahmadinejad's unusually "more reasonable" speech as described by Morgan.
"And he's almost out of time," continued Kristof. "He'll be out of office in a year from now. He's also - he's losing power within the country. So I think he's a declining force."
Author and statistician Nate Silver also joined the program to give his predictions for the Nov. 6 election. "We have [Barack] Obama right now as about an 80 percent favorite," said Silver.
"But that number's been going - been going up. We actually had it first - it's beginning to peak after the conventions but since [Mitt] Romney's 47 percent comments, Obama has gotten a kind of second wind, where it's ordinarily appeared with it, having a convention bounce, you'd see his numbers start to decline instead."
Watch the clips, and listen to the interviews, as Silver explains why Romney maybe be "running out of time" in this presidential race.
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter
" If speech is held hostage to all those offended then there is no freedom of speech.
Many countries in the world have a socialist basic law that treats speech as one of any number of competing rights. The US got it right by restricting the ability of the government to abridge speech.
Unfortunately on the Internet all public areas are maintained by businesses which are subject to legal harassment and thus become censors. Google needs to rethink the word ":free speach" it it to slander, provoke or be abusive and harm any human life or a child it be responsable what is posted on YouTube. Sorry google, free speach can not be selective like we are seeing.
What is necessary is a UN convention removing such carriers of speech from governmental blackmail."
"YouTube said Thursday that it will block a video about a Brazilian mayoral candidate after being denied the chance to appeal to keep the clip online." Washington Post.
You must be under the impression that all of your audience is NOT paying attention to your interview.
People around the world do not believe that the holocoust took place because of lack of logic and many unanswered questions such as:
1) How many German soldiers, vehicles, gas, food, blanket, pens, papers etc. were needed and used to send throughout Europe to find, identify, arrest, transport and set on fire?
2) After finding, identifying and arresting the Jews why wouldn't the German kill them on the spot? Wouldn't have it been cheaper than transporting them hundreds and thousands of miles to Auschwitz and Dachau in order to set them on fire in these two camps?
3) Most of the holocoust survivals were toddlers or young children during WWII. How were they able to escape the barb wies and fool the German guards?
4) The western media gives us the picture that the European Jews did not resist arrest or tried to hide or escape but gathered in one single place and waited for the German soldiers to arrest them without any fight and transport them to the death camps. They could have hidden under a tree without being found.
5) I belong to those who believe the holocoust was an invention for political purposes or to hide a crime and this crime is to establish Israel on the expense of the Palestinians and to force the German to spend the money to build Israel's infrastructure and economy.
Amazing that you are spinning the debate for hours on end. Perhaps one hour of hype is enough. I want to see the debate not listen to your talking heads spend 5 hours leading up to it. Why do you beat every storyin to the ground so long? Seriously I don't even want to watch the debate now. Do you ever get tired of repeating the same 26 words every five minutes? You station sucks anymore. Fire your bosses and get this station back to what I am paying for. BS
Notify me of new comments via email.