Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

October 1st, 2012

Jennifer Granholm: "I actually have predicted that the media are going to declare that Mitt Romney is the winner of the first debate"

With the first presidential debate scheduled for this week, last Friday "Piers Morgan Tonight" invited a pair of political insiders to share their perspectives and predictions as Mitt Romney and Barack Obama prepare to go word for word from Denver, Colorado.

Joining Piers Morgan for a face to face conversation, Republican strategist Kellyanne Conway offered advice for the GOP camp:

"Here's what I think has to happen for Mitt Romney: he needs to bring this race back to a referendum on Obama," she told the host. "He actually needs to shift the referendum back into the incumbent, and have the debate questioners really hold the president to account for some answers in Libya, his silence on Syria, and certainly the economy."

Joining the interview from California, former Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm offered a courageous and unorthodox forecast:

"The media doesn't like a lopsided race so I actually have predicted that the media are going to declare that Mitt Romney is the winner of the first debate, regardless of actually what happens," said the host of "The War Room with Jennifer Granholm." "The pendulum can not sustain itself if it's too lopsided in terms of the media."

Watch the clip, and listen to the interviews, as Conway and Granholm share further insight into the upcoming first round of Obama vs. Romney.
-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Clips From Last Night • Pride of America
  1. Jen

Yup, I agree. There's nothing more they can say regarding Mitt being a trainwreck, so now it's time to pretend like he has a chance. They have no story if they don't create one.

October 1, 2012 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Free media

The US are always sending correspondence with exit polls to judge the honesty of foreign elections, but completely disregard them in our own country. This is absoutely double faced rubbish.

Has American forgoten Georgia Bush's election fraud ?

October 1, 2012 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Commander Zero

When is the "Ahrnold" interview. Another chance to drink from the urinal.

October 1, 2012 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Wake up America

How is he going to survive Voting Registration Fraud in Florida 2012 now ? First he insults the British, then he kisses up to the Israelis, thinking he could kiss up to Jewish American voters. Then he insults the people of Ghaza ( occupied by Israel )The Cherry on top he insults 46 percent of American people. Romney's double cherry will be registration Fraud 2012.

October 1, 2012 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Nonia

Potential voter registration fraud in Florida: GOP’s own 'ACORN' scandal? ( The Christian Science Monitor)

GOP fire the firm because they got caught of Fraud ? Had they not been caught how long would this have gone on ? Bush Won because voting Fraud did he not in Florida. Was this the same company ?

October 1, 2012 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Nonia

Oops! GOP fired the firm because they got caught of Fraud ? Had they not been caught how long would this have gone on ? Bush Won because of voting Fraud in Florida. Was this the same company Bush used ?

October 1, 2012 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Jaker, Dublin

I guess I'm feeling more sorry for Romney by the day; for the poor lad (I mean rich) hasn't a ghost of a chance of winning the US Presidency. Mind you, someone has to come "Second", which isn't that bad really, but it ain't really that good either. Still in 4 years time, he could come back & chance his arm at losing again!

October 1, 2012 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Griff.

"Losin you is so easy Pierse?? I switch from one, to another swatch, yet still have trouble finding what I have in hand as evidence. It has to be conclusive, or I'm still sitting in the dock confused? Is that it?? You don't have te guts to just let it be known where you stand??"

October 1, 2012 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. CarolO

Mitt should do OK since he knows the questions and has had several days to practice his answers. If he doesn't talk about airplanes having windows that open or dogs riding on car roofs, he should be able to slide through this OK. It's the answers he hasn't had days to practice that are scarey.

October 2, 2012 at 8:05 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Griff.

"it takes a Good hearted woman to love a good timing man' but it was her choice!!!"

October 2, 2012 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Griff

"My trouble with Women, Pierse? You should watch my DVD that's running around in BC Canada 'Sensuous Woman' ...
    I sang the same song on karaoke on Friday at my Verteran's. I guess it's just one song where I break through!??"

October 8, 2012 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Griff.

"Mit Romney has five sons!! How many women would rather have such a Stud, than a Guy lost both times to his own spouse?? Obama has no Sons, but his wife does have two Daughters! I leave it to the women to decide who can and can't deliver!!"

October 8, 2012 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Griff.

"it's one hell of a Jump, to prove you're a man. But when you can't get over the 'Canal Turn' I guess it's time to change mounts??""

October 8, 2012 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Griff.

"The Moment takes a little longer!!! "
    "Show me the Guy that won't even buy you a drink?? Show me the Guy that ignores you're even there? Wouldn't you rather have take my bunch of Roses,and breath on you're cheek??"

October 8, 2012 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Griff.

"This iw where the real Barack Obama was born. Quote: http://youtu.be/TdgGHZn0qoQ Unquote

October 9, 2012 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Griff.

"Ndio mimi n'kwenda uku mingi. Naivasha was just a shanti town you drove through in 3/seconds."

October 9, 2012 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  16. Griff.

"No doubt Barack Obama's Dad also visited Naivash often."

October 9, 2012 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  17. Griff.

"Most of these comments were meant for Anderson, but then he knew that!"

October 9, 2012 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  18. Griff.

"I was posted for 2.5yrs in Kenya 59-61, Pierse, so I know what I talk about."

October 9, 2012 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  19. Griff.

"Yes Piese. I was posted at the tail end of the Emergency. And now the Kenyan's are sueing the British Government for illtreatment during the Mau Mau conflict, 1954-57 nd the aftermath while Kenyatta was in prison,1959-1963."

October 9, 2012 at 11:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  20. Griff.

Sediment in the bottom of your glass, tells you the clarity if the wine you're drinking!"

October 9, 2012 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  21. Griff.

"Well Pierse don't you think Dan Zak of the Washington Post, opened himself up to being 'Twerp' of the past week, for picking on Paul Ryan?"

October 14, 2012 at 3:35 am | Report abuse | Reply