READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For October 5, 2012 – Unemployment rate tumbles, Mitt Romney says he was 'completely wrong' on the 47% comments and it's a 'Princess Bride' reunion...
• Unemployment rate tumbles: "Friday's monthly jobs report changed the picture of the U.S. economy in more ways than one, showing the unemployment rate fell to the lowest level in more than three years and hiring was stronger than originally reported throughout the summer. Unemployment unexpectedly fell to 7.8% in September, down from 8.1%, as a survey of U.S. households showed 873,000 more Americans had jobs compared to a month earlier."
• Mitt Romney says he was 'completely wrong' about the 47% comments: "Mitt Romney said he was 'completely wrong' when he argued that nearly half of Americans were 'victims' and dependent on government. The admission came Thursday as the GOP presidential candidate sought to clarify his controversial "47%" comments."
• Syrian rebels say they will kill Iranian hostages: "Syrian rebels said they will start executing a group of about 48 Shiite pilgrims from Iran if Tehran and Damascus do not comply with their demands, according to a video posted on YouTube this week."
• More patients linked to fungal meningitis infections: "Patients in 23 states could have been exposed to tainted medications that are being linked to dangerous fungal meningitis infections, health officials announced Thursday."
• It's a 'Princess Bride' reunion: "The New York Film Festival celebrated the film's 25th anniversary (and release on Blu-Ray) on Tuesday with a special screening and cast reunion at Lincoln Center."
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter
Sean Hannity told him to say that..flip flopping again ??...how many lies did he tell at the 1st debate?,,& he was RUDE to Jim Lehrer,,,gee whiz..what is going on ?...too too aggressive & many lies..sad....
"Unemployment unexpectedly fell to 7.8% in September, down from 8.1%, as a survey of U.S. households showed 873,000 more Americans had jobs compared to a month earlier." You must notice that the description states the numbers fell unexpectantly. If one had a jobs program and plan, would you not expect it to work? The unexpectant change in numbers comes in the face of no job growth plans and no economic recovery plan. In other words, this is a total surprise to everyone!
Not Too many of my reps friends are commenting on this good news huh ?
Notify me of new comments via email.