READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For October 17, 2012 – Barack Obama and Mitt Romney in bruising second debate, envoy pushing for Syria cease-fire and Lance Armstrong resigning from Livestrong...
• Barack Obama and Mitt Romney in bruising second debate: "President Barack Obama fought back and Republican challenger Mitt Romney mostly stood his ground in a bruising, argumentative debate three weeks before Election Day."
• Envoy pushing for Syria cease-fire: "Scrambling to find a solution to Syria's bloody civil war, international envoy Lakhdar Brahimi arrived in Lebanon on Wednesday in his regional campaign to forge a cease-fire in Syria."
• Students in blackface re-enact Chris Brown beating Rihanna: "Three white male students involved in the skit made light of domestic violence, and they did it in racist manner, say some. Two were in blackface as they re-enacted a 2009 domestic abuse incident in which singer Chris Brown assaulted then-girlfriend Rihanna."
• IBM sinks on sales miss: "Tech giant IBM posted third-quarter earnings Tuesday in line with expectations, though shares sunk in after-hours trading as the company reported a dip in sales."
• Lance Armstrong resigning from Livestrong: "Former pro cyclist Lance Armstrong will step down as chairman of the Livestrong cancer charity he founded in 1997 after recovering from the disease, organization spokeswoman Katherine McLane said Wednesday."