Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

October 23rd, 2012

Newt Gingrich: "It's amazing to me how Beau Biden is so much more mature than his father"

On the heels of Monday's final presidential debate, this evening "Piers Morgan Tonight" welcomed Newt Gingrich for his incomparable brand of candid commentary, and political perspective.

Joining Piers Morgan via satellite, Gingrich's segment immediately followed an interview with Beau Biden, son of Vice President Joe Biden.

Having listened to the younger Biden's analysis of the professional relationship between his father and President Barack Obama, Gingrich shared an observation:

"That was a very good interview. It's amazing to me how Beau Biden is so much more mature than his father," cracked the former House Speaker. "He gives much better interviews, and seems much more in control of himself."

Beau Biden's appearance on the program came in response to Obama using the debate to admit to dissent within the White House, explaining that he gave the order to go after Osama bin Laden, despite even his own vice president disagreeing.

Adding his own insight, Gingrich found Obama's claim to be consistent:

"Look, I think President Obama has a pattern of seeing himself at the center of virtually everything. I'm not surprised by anything he does," said the former Republican presidential candidate. "Obama has this fantasy, he didn't kill bin Laden. The U.S. Navy S.E.A.L.'s did. He didn't find bin Laden, an enormous intelligence effort over a long period did."

Watch the clip, and listen to the interview, as Gingrich shares the story of a recent political cartoon he found to be very amusing, and ironically relevant.
-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: America's Choice 2012
  1. Constance l Schreur

It so now so obvious that Piers is in the Romney camp. I have loved his show for its objectivism but no longer. Have to turn it off I get so disgusted. He's becoming Americanized. So sad...............

October 23, 2012 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Be fair

In every blog I see people attack the commentator because their view on a subject is different than their own..Get real , the media slants views 80% towards Obama... Just as Romney said at the Recent dinner both he and Obama attended..
      Romney said" the media will report that Obama meets Catholic leaders while saying Romney has dinner with rich people"

October 24, 2012 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • SSNS4EVR

The media supporting Obama is not entirely accurate either. Fox is clearly supporting Romney, or at least anyone who isn't Obama, or a democrat. I must say though, that while it is clear to me that CNN leans democrat, Fox just makes up the news as it goes, has been caught outright, in their dishonesty, have apologized for their conduct, then launched the "Fox News.....fair and balanced." – or something like that.

October 24, 2012 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ninja

Pierce is as disgusting as Trump. Nothing more than a sleaze bag.

October 24, 2012 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • JWP

Oh you Democrats are something else. Almost every major media outlet is so left leaning its not even funny. One guy finds his way into CNN who is not propagating the Obama agenda and you all bash the hell out of him.

October 25, 2012 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • BiaS?

The reality is that the left is so used to biased media (like a drug dependency), that when they hear or read something that is relatively balanced, it feels way off balance and rubs them the wrong way. It's no wonder that Gallup claims that 60% of the people don't believe the media any more.

October 24, 2012 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. SSNS4EVR

Really Newt? The President didn't personally track down and kill Bin Laden? You're of course correct, just like Carter didn't personally crash those helicopters into each other and botch the rescue of the hostages. Just like Dubya didn't personally verify the intelligence indicating Saddam had all those WMD, and that he didn't personally land on a carrier and declare an end of hostilities in Iraq...oh, wait, he did!

October 24, 2012 at 12:20 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • michaelw777

Exactly. It's all spin by one party or the other. That's all the party seniors and leadership are going to give you. Truth is an inconvenient fact that gets tossed under the bus on a daily basis. When a fact is included, it is given with an entrenched point of view that allows for no other viewpoint. Intolerant ideology is all we're offered.

October 24, 2012 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. kENNY kANADA

Obama is tired and sad its all too much for him & he is in over his head .Time for the Obama "GONE" Countdown widget Cheers Piers keepo it real and leep it rollin' great job. Kenny:)

October 24, 2012 at 1:02 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. disclaimer1

So has Piers Morgan now dedicated his show to whacking at Obama? One more reason to ignore CNN for lack of objectivity. Fox light indeed.

October 24, 2012 at 1:03 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. middleamerican

Unbelievable Piers, how bias and rude can a program be?!? Running an opposing video AND audio while Biden was speaking. If you wanted to be fair you could have played Springsteen over nutty Newt.

October 24, 2012 at 1:31 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Marie

I so agree I am not going to stop watching cnn like I have stopped watching Fox News. What is amazing when News channels start to sway one way they tend to start being dishonest. They credit of true reporting becomes a question. Fox news license is under attack not only by certain organizations but Great Britain has taken action. Look under Crew and check out what they said about Fox News. CNN will follow the way they are going. Lost a whole family but it may not seem a lot but news travels quick.

October 24, 2012 at 3:15 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Tex

When will this guy dry up and blow away?

October 18, 2011: "How can you have judgment if you have no faith? How can I trust you with power if you don't pray?" - Newt Gingrich, Republican presidenti...

First keep in mind this statement above was made by a man running for President, wanting to run our country.

“How can you have judgment if you have no faith?”
    It boggles the mind that Newt actually asked this question. Well Newt the answer is because “good” judgments are made by asserting and deducing facts, while using reason, logic and critical thinking to confirm the judgment is sound.

Now on faith, we can conclude that Newt was speaking of “Religious Faith”, which allows a person to believe in anything without proof, without evidence. Religious faith is simply a bridge allowing a person to except irrationality, stupidity, and ignorance without questioning it, a bridge from reason and logic to an emotionally dependant deluded mindset, root in fear and gullibility.
    Newt and others may prefer to put their minds in that hole but I’ll keep mine as far away as possible.

“How can I trust you if you don’t pray?”
    I sit here shaking my head in utter amazement, for this is first hand evidence of what a religious deluded mindset can do to a person’s otherwise rational thinking….and it’s terrifying.
    You can trust me because I do use reason, logic and critical thinking to make judgments, decisions.

What I don’t do, is rely on the 2 thousand year old writings by some guys living in tents in the desert and the laws of a non-existent god of which there have been thousands worshiped over the centuries.

“My” judgment tells me I wouldn’t trust Newt as far as I could throw him, and I’m sure I wouldn’t even get him off the ground. And something tells me all his ex-wives might feel the same way.
    And by the way, I’ve been married over 20 years to one woman and have never cheated on her, so ask me again Newt, how can you trust a person that doesn’t believing in a god? You should have no reason not to, but a better question would be how in the world by your example, by your idiotic comments, can I trust the deluded mindset of someone that does?

Religion is a virus that feeds on the minds reason and logic; it has no place in the political arena, nor in our government. How can you truly trust any Politian that makes statements about and endorses an invisible magic man in the sky….it’s insane.

When will humanity wise the hell up?

October 24, 2012 at 9:21 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • michaelw777

Many things have been done in the name of one religion or another that are inexcusable. However, atheism was the state policy in the Soviet Union, and look how that turned out. As a species, human beings are messy creatures. Get used to it: it's not going to change.

Let's say in some fantasy world, we actually were able to eradicate religion. But then people, because they're human beings will then make politics their religion instead – oh wait, that's already happening. As a species, we are largely intolerant of any viewpoint but our own. Including you: calling those who believe in a creator a sky-god won't convince a single person who does believe, that you have a valid position. You are showing yourself as intolerant as many religious people also show themselves to be.

But cheer up Tex, at least for a few minutes: there is someone coming who will lead the world, who says there is no God. And the people in general, quite tired of the religious wars (damn that intolerance!) – will welcome him. But he won't be what you and they will be hoping for. And in the end, he will betray us all. If that paragraph aggravates you, as I'm sure it will – I'm perfectly content to wait and see how things play out. Truly, I'd love to be wrong.

October 24, 2012 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. janice Solomon

President Obama is Commander and Chief. He gave the order to go after Bin Laden to the Navy Seals. How could anyone say President does not deserve the credit? President Obama deserves all the credit. This was just one more job George Bush took no effort to do.

October 24, 2012 at 11:44 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Mete Krop

This is just idot, Yes it was under the Obama direction that the Seal Team take out Osama. It was with Obama's consistant investigation nd follow up that the Seal Team was able to kill Osama. Don't forget that, Gingrich. It is not like cheeting on your wife. It is the result of hard work. Had it not been for Obamas order Osama would still be alive. You cranky GOP were saying it is irrelevant to go after Osama. Damn.

October 24, 2012 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Jack

Newt

You are the pot calling the kettle black. The only time I seen you look or sound intelligent is when mouth is shut. So, please zip your lip!

October 24, 2012 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. annie

You guys are killin me. All you need to remember is that Obama is a Muslim and he is a dangerous choice. I don't limit myself to what the media tells me. Investigate for yourself. The facts are there, all you have to do is look.

October 25, 2012 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Matthew Williams

Annie you have no facts, proof or intelligence for that matter. You need to get off the computer and go get some fresh air. I'm guessing you weigh 490 pounds and have no life because every time I look on CNN.com there's your name.

October 25, 2012 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. David Shelsky

It is so convenient that most Republicans find some incoherent angle to demonize Obama. Newt, if you're so f–cking smart why are you sitting at home and pontificating and politicizing a race you have nothing to do with? Oh right, you mismanaged your campaign money. Please make sure to educate the 'American People' about that. But then again they clearly do not know how to effectively manage their money. I digress...the reality is that whether it is Barak or Gummy Bear (sticks to you but you eventually swallow it) is your choice, Newt needs to go back to etiquette. Thank you listening to the diatribe of a registered Republican. I think it's time to move on.

October 25, 2012 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Art

I agree with Newt. We need a colony on the moon and it should be run by Halliburton.

October 25, 2012 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. breast actives reviews

nice post.added to my bookmarks cheers breast actives reviews http://baplusplus.tumblr.com/

February 10, 2013 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply