Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

October 26th, 2012

Billy Ray Cyrus on Barack Obama: "I'm going to vote for him again ... Yeah, I believe in him"

As the 2012 general election draws closer, on Thursday night Piers Morgan pulled up his bootstraps and invited Billy Ray Cyrus into the studio for an entertaining and revealing live interview.

In 1992, the 51-year-old's celebrated hit "Achy Breaky Heart" was voted the Country Music Association's Single of the Year. But who will Cyrus be voting for on November 6? With his guest having yet to publicly endorse a candidate, Morgan attempted to get the vocalist to sing someone's praises:

"What is your view of where the country is?" he began his inquiry.

"My view is that, you know, America's coming out of a deep hole. When President Obama took over, we were pretty far upside down in a lot of different ways, you know, around the world. And he's only been in four years," said Cyrus. "I think the country is making a turn around ... And I think the president needs four more years."

With the world-famous Miley Cyrus already having pledged her support for the incumbent, will father follow in his daughter's footsteps?

"You would vote for him again?" pressed Morgan.

"I'm going to vote for him again. Yeah, I believe in him," he revealed formally. "I just think I've seen our president. I've seen the support of the troops. I know that a lot of our veterans are coming home. I think that our country believes in our president. And I think that President Obama believes in our veterans."

Watch the clip, and listen to the interview, as Cyrus explains how politics differs from road kill, and why he inadvertently named his new album after Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney.
-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. shawnnellwilliams

OMG billy ray love him i think its good he belives in obama that what america likes to hear

October 26, 2012 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Latisha

I could care less what BillyRay thinks! I would imagine that the Cyrus family is part of the 1% and doesn't have a clue what ordinary people have had to deal with financially over the last 4 years under this terrible president!

October 27, 2012 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Andre

Bill ray understands more about the policies and issues than most americans and especially more than most romney supporters, Bill Ray lays out a logical policy driven argument for Obama.

October 27, 2012 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
      • Ellen

you just think its terrible, ok wait till Romeny sits as president, it will be worst of the worst for middle class and best of the best for the rich, yeah!

October 29, 2012 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
      • isthatso?

Then why would you take the time to read this article and respond? I am so tired of hearing people who are so quick to defend the wealthy..... as long as they are not famous, wealthy....and democratic. If you don't care what he thinks, SHUT UP.

November 10, 2012 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  2. bhekumuzimguni

Reblogged this on Bhekumuzi Mguni.

October 27, 2012 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Andre

October 27, 2012 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Griff.

"Billy Ray Sickus, just one more Muslim in the USA. The Muslims in Benghazi said we don't want to be invaded, after
    9/11/12, so Obama called for a Stand down! Obama has done nothing else but protect his fellow Muslims, wherever in the world."

October 29, 2012 at 12:19 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Ellen

yes I agree 4 more years for Obama – we're not stupid, and really economists says too, it will take atleast another 10 more years to recover from deep recession, so what's Romney talking about, its all bulll!!

October 29, 2012 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Ellen

maybe now that we are having disaster of about 60m people from Sandy hurricanne, God is calling everyone to be united, a wake up call everyone! Remember the December 2012 coming.... maybe this is real.... Obama and Romney with their billion money for campaign, this is the time to show the real generosity to people..... give to people needs, stop the stupid campaign, people will be dying from the hurricanne, homeless people, sick people, its unimaginable what will happen, only God knows!

October 29, 2012 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Ladybug

Unbelievable. Would all the celebrities please keep their political preferences to themselves. I'm beginning to think they're all just a bunch of stupid drop-outs from society, and all they have left is Phoneywood.

October 29, 2012 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. TL Thorwaldson

You're an idiot, just like your daughter Miley!!!

December 17, 2015 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply