READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For October 29, 2012 – Hurricane Sandy on course for Mid-Atlantic Coast, Pakistan seeks 3 in Malala Yousufzai shooting and Giants sweep Detroit, claim World Series...
• Hurricane Sandy on course for Mid-Atlantic Coast: "People stranded in flooding after ignoring evacuation orders were being saved Monday morning as Hurricane Sandy took aim at the Mid-Atlantic coast, bringing some of the nation's busiest cities to a standstill."
• Pakistan seeks 3 in Malala Yousufzai shooting: "Pakistani police are searching for two youths suspected of shooting a teenage activist for girls' education and the man they believe drove them to the scene, the country's interior minister said Sunday."
• Sandy brings big unknown to U.S. presidential election: "Both President Barack Obama and Republican presidential contender Mitt Romney canceled appearances in the weather-threatened swing state of Virginia so as not to chew up resources and otherwise get in the way of storm preparations."
• News Corp in bid for Penguin books: "News Corp has approached Pearson about a possible cash offer for its Penguin books business, threatening to derail talks about an all-share merger between Penguin and Bertelsmann's Random House division."
• Giants sweep Detroit, claim World Series: "For the second time in three years, the San Francisco Giants claimed Major League Baseball's top prize. Completing their sweep of the Detroit Tigers took extra innings, but the Giants prevailed 4-3 Sunday night."