Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

October 30th, 2012

Chris Christie on supporting Obama during "Sandy": "I am not going to play politics ... this is so much bigger than an election"

As "Piers Morgan Tonight" continues coverage of "Sandy" and the storm's aftermath, this evening the program welcomes Chris Christie for his analysis of the situation and insight into recovery efforts.

The Governor of New Jersey's state was amongst those hit the hardest, with devastation he described as incomparable to anything he'd ever seen.

A staunch Republican, and an endorser of presidential candidate Mitt Romney, Christie has crossed the aisle this week, and praised President Barack Obama for his support:

"This is much more important than any election, Piers. This is the livelihood of the people in my state," says the 50-year-old who was born in Newark. "When the president does things that deserve praise, I will give him praise. And when the president does things that deserve scorn, I'll give him scorn."

With Obama scheduled to visit the Garden State on Wednesday, Christie looks forward to providing him with a first-hand perspective of the wrath that Sandy has wrought on New Jersey:

"I am not going to play politics with this issue, this is so much bigger than an election," reiterates Christie. "When someone asks me an honest question, I give an honest answer: 'How's the president been to deal with?' He's been outstanding to deal with on this. And I look forward to seeing him tomorrow so he can see for himself, what this hurricane has done to my state."

Watch the clip, and listen to the interview, as Christie shares some of the challenges his state is facing. Then tune in to "Piers Morgan Tonight" this evening at 9 as the governor details the extent of some of the damage suffered in New Jersey.
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: The Big Story
  1. johnharry

how many survivors did the governor eat?

October 30, 2012 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Craig

That's a rude comment. I'm not a Christie fan, but god bless his sensitivity...on another note Piers needs to shut up about focusing on the generator outage and focus on the patients and staff being safe....Piers, you are really becoming very drama tragedy like...report the facts
      I'm disappointed in u!!

October 30, 2012 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Jenna fier

Peirs Morgan you will grab at anything to make a sensational show..shame on you. You love it when you can get someone to say something off guard then try to destroy them. The weather reporting on CNN was nothing short to great with language you could understand yet you try to destroy the man. I have contempt for you!

October 30, 2012 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
      • dre2012

Thank you for that. I was completely annoyed by his focus and irritating questions. What is his problem?

November 1, 2012 at 9:18 am | Report abuse |
      • jcrewgal

I can't stand Pier's Morgan. How on earth did he ever get on CNN...Shame on you CNN for hiring him. He comes on, and I turn the channel!

November 1, 2012 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sarah

Maybe Mr. Christie should have paid closer attention as to the devastation of Hurricane's Ivan and Katrina on the Gulf Coast area from AL to LA.

October 31, 2012 at 11:49 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Dave

What are you talking about? What roll would Christie have in any of that. You are an idiot.

October 31, 2012 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
      • Buckskin

Sarah: Your statement is very rude! Chris Christie is doing a fantastic job, as well as everyone working such long hours, to assist these poor victims, during this disaster ; for which nobody could have predicted. I live in the West and am so....so....sorry for these people. You are totally out of line!

October 31, 2012 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
      • Michael Weingartner

Paid attention and done what? Build a bubble over New Jersey? This comment has no basis in reality. He should be measured on how he responds to the crisis, which is exceptional at this point.

November 1, 2012 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
      • jerseygirl

I don't think he was Governor back then ans even though I am a democrat and not a fan of Governor Christie but I give him a lot of credit working with the President when he has been campaigning for Romney. Like he said this is no time to worry about politics.

November 1, 2012 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
      • gerome

Right now, you could very well be the dumbest person to have posted here. Always there to criticize, no matter what the situation is. Let me guess, you are probably divorced or single, dont have that many friends and don't get any either... so you feel the need to dump your load of crap on others by frustration

November 2, 2012 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
    • KenG

Where Mitt Romney? Why isn’t he in New Jersey? No Romney is in a swing state trying to get voters! When Mitt Romney was governor of Massachusetts he didn’t come thru with any of promises he made to the people!

October 31, 2012 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Buckskin

Telling "Jeep Lies" is what RomMany was doing today. What a joke!

October 31, 2012 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse |
      • splink

Mitt was using his buses to gather supplies and food and water to deliver to the states that needed them. He did it without making a photo op of it. Mitt Romney has spent his life donating time, money and goods to people and places that are in need. Romney expects no praise or credit for his giving. It's what the Mormon religion teaches.

October 31, 2012 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
      • praiser

Mormon religion teaches not to lie ...... and what he was doing on those tv and radio adds ??? telling the truth ?? is good to use your religion whenever that benefits you huh ?? but when it doesn't shhhhhhhh

November 2, 2012 at 3:03 am | Report abuse |
      • Alison

Where is Obama? Oh, yeah...He's out in those swing states trying to get voters too! I don't see him in NY or NJ helping out!!!

November 2, 2012 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • sjajr

Why is it people in time of crisis have to briing politics into it. I am not a republican, but have people gotten so shrill with politics that they can't show some compassion? Gov Cristi has shown concaern and compassion for the state of New Jersey, He has even given credit to the Obama administration for there support. We are one country, one people, one nation. We are not tribe Conserfvative or tribe Liberal. Don't be such simps especially in a time of crisis.

October 31, 2012 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Buckskin

sjajr: You have it correct for sure! God Bless the victims of "Sandy"; our prayers from the Western USA are with them every minute. Chris Christy is doing great! He is true blue!

October 31, 2012 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
      • Peter

You are 100% right!!!

November 1, 2012 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lord Toronaga

"Piers Morgan Tonight" will never be accused of being a news show. His extremely on sided approach to politics is amazing. I know plenty of Brits....they are very conservative and do not like Obama. Morgan is way out on a limb with his Obama worship. And...learn to speak clearly....

October 31, 2012 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • jnpa

I also know a lot of Brits, mainly my in-laws, and I can't find anyone, relative or friend, who can stand Romney. They consider him the arrogant American they have been referring to for decades!

November 1, 2012 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
    • John

Looks like he ate them all.

November 1, 2012 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. bello

Bravo Pres OBAMA, you would be my president again, keep on doing good thing like have had, Thank you

October 30, 2012 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Janet

Mitt Romney does not care about the average or middle class Americans. He is in the race for one think alone. He will wage war in Mali or with Iran. This way he gets richer. He will hide his money in Isreal. Isreal has no extraditing with the US is this not convent ?
    This X' Governor did not care for his people .... They won't be voting for him.

October 30, 2012 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • A proud Jewish American

Interesting how some people are against Israel. I am wondering if you find it acceptable that Obama gave $450 million today to Morsi ( President of Egypt) who called for the "destruction and dispersal of the Jews. Sorry to upset you but
      The United States Agency for International Development notified Congress about this and the funds did not go through.
      Naturally if you are in favor of Morsi's remarks, you also are in favor of a nuclear Iran. If this is the case you probably are also saying the Holocaust never existed. I got news for you. 10,000,000 perished in World War II and you lost because the Jewish population is here to stay.

October 30, 2012 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Marcel M. Pfister

Personally, I see myself as being very much pro-Israel. This election, however, is primarily about the United States of America. I thought Prime Minister Nethanyahu's rhetoric and behaviour in Washington during this past year was completely off the mark and in some instances on the verge of being unacceptable.

October 30, 2012 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
      • Eileen

While I can appreciate your sentiments, I do not believe that the course of America should be dictated by Israel or proud Jewish Americans....I'm proud to be Irish American and if you know any history... their was a complete and total rejection of us too...we were walked into the Irish Sea barefoot and starving by the Englishm by the thousands to our deaths....that didn't put Ireland back together...the English still occupy the North of Ireland dividing a country.........and all Irish Americans would like to see a United Ireland...POINT is...... the world cannot turn on it axis to our own detriment to defend your cause...defend yourselves....if you are in America...be an American.....while your country's history is of great importance in understanding and curbing future holocosts... Americans should not be held hostage by your grievances....as our country sympathizes with Israesl...we still need to be a beacon of light to all nations but most importantly to OUR OWN which is hurting so much these days....PLEASE .Israel..continue your effforts for peace in your regiion....but remember America must FIRST stand for Americans here and abroad...we cannot solve the problems of the world!

October 30, 2012 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
      • pam michael

I have Jewish and Iranian people in my family. I am objective and do not believe in getting into a war on assumptions and because someone has a lot of hot air and says threatening things. There is NO prove of nuclear weapons as even Israeli intelligence has said. We already had one war that killed our young people and civilians. By the way, no Israeli solders were in combat there! TheHholocaust was a horrible thing,I lost relatives fighting to save the Jewish people. We must move on and live in today`s world in a sensible manner. No zealots please....not good for anyone!

October 30, 2012 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
      • amd2002a

The US isn't Israel's personal bodyguard. Deal with your own problems.

October 30, 2012 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
      • Exit Israel

How about Israel take care of themselves for a change rather than inhale the money the US gives when they shouldn't.

October 31, 2012 at 12:06 am | Report abuse |
      • Mark

Israel will continue ripe off the united states forever. We must focus on ourselves and solve our problems first.

October 31, 2012 at 1:04 am | Report abuse |
      • Amr El-Sharouny

President Morsi didnt say that racist jewish comment and u know it !! , Obama didnt give Egypt 450 millions and it was blocked in the congress by your republican senators , despite the repeated US promises of helping Egypt recovery after toppling Mubarak , which takes a lot of credit from US integrity here in Egypt

October 31, 2012 at 1:55 am | Report abuse |
      • zombiehoosier

While not discounting your point, cause I'd have to research that. People, no matter where their from, can disagree with another nation's policies without being hateful of any specific ethnic or religious group in that country. This general rule applies to all nations, but it's most confused with Israel and Islamic states. I disagree with Iran's treatment of its people, and its refusal to peacefully coexist with most of its neighbors including Israel. However, that does not make me Islamaphobic, it makes me critical of their government. I don't agree with Israel's assessment of Iran being a threat so dire that diplomatic solutions should become hostile, and that does NOT make me an anti-semite or a holocaust denier. It simply means I disagree with Israel's interpretation of the situation.

October 31, 2012 at 5:21 am | Report abuse |
      • Doc

Some Jewish people are the most hateful and racist people I've met.

October 31, 2012 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
      • andrew

I do not understand, the United States gives money to any country that suits its interest, now that included your country doesn't it?

October 31, 2012 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
      • Really-WhatNow?

Far be it from me to state that America should not be an friend of Isrial. However, please do a little research on how people in your "home land" feel about Benjamin Netanyahu. He's not well liked and sometimes viewed as a bully. Why is he pushing to have the election moved forward? I agree that President Obama should put some distance between himself and the Prime Minister. I don't trust him. There have been great leaders in the past from Isrial, but "BiBi" isn't one of them. He has no business in the US elections, and Mitt Romney was dead wrong to hold a fund raiser in Israil while he was there. Again this is a US election!

October 31, 2012 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • YWalk

Hats off to Gov. Christie – first politician in a long time that has the balls to give credit where credit is due, without any political connections. Saying like it is and the people of New Jersey should be proud to have him as a Governor !!

October 31, 2012 at 12:12 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • peekandseek

So proud of the governor. He had the balls to stand. Its not about democrates or republicans. Its about doing the right thing. Hurricanes have no color. My take on Piers....shame...shame.....shame. Just don't care for YOU.

October 31, 2012 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
      • FMM

God Bless you for seeing things so clearly. In this crisis all (dems& reps) should be working hand in hand to assist the people of United States Of America!

October 31, 2012 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Aproud,English, Irish, German Mayflower, Revolutionary War and More childr and more child

There is so much wrong with what you are all saying and it is rude and you are rude to our Jewish brother, as you to refer to history in the matter mentioned. So, let's really look at history, socialism is a failed experiment everywhere, with not even a single example of what America has enjoyed. We need to be a beacon to the world, because our ideals are what has made us great, and what has brought so many people to our land. I say that Obama is dangerous and nothing compares to the loss that we are about to experience. We should not be funding Islam in any fashion. We are turning our back on Isreal. As Obama strips America of it's clout, we can and will be in the same spot as Isreal is now. We need to keep our freinds, and we need to be a friend. We need to get rid of the poison in the country.

October 31, 2012 at 1:40 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • brian

Socialism is a failed experiment everywhere? I'm not a socialist, but uninformed remarks need to be correct. Minimum wage, overtime, medicare, child labor laws, etc – these are all socialist reforms that conservatives have opposed at the time and now embrace. A purely capitalistic country does not exist and should not. Just look at the abuses suffered by workers in our own past before we flavored our capitalism with a bit of socialism.... Anyway, congrats to Gov Christie for setting aside partisan politics at a time like this. I wish he – and all politicos – could be less partisan every day.

October 31, 2012 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • dino

this person thats saying all things about romney.
      just does not see the true man this is he does care about all of americans.not like obama who let 4 of our own die
      in lybia they asked for help and obama denied them the action that would have kapt them alive today

October 31, 2012 at 10:39 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • ShartedMeKnickers

wrong. poor repug has nothing to say.

October 31, 2012 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
      • COflyboy

Your spelling and grammar merits your reflects in your comment.

October 31, 2012 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
      • gerome

Based on your spelling abilities, I can tell that you are well informed and very educated about all subjects.

November 2, 2012 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
  4. Dan Griffing

President Obama will be playing it for political points. He has with everything else such as the endzone dance after the killing of Bin Laden instead of staying quiet and using the intelligence harvested to get the other terrorists - and the refusal to acknowledge that the killing of our Libyan ambassador was terrorism (because all of the terrorists were on the run). The proper role of government in emergencies is a valid campaign issue - Romney or any President would act the same. But its an 11th our ploy to show Presidential leadership after four years of poor incompetent management and "leading from behind". I'm not buying it.

October 30, 2012 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • 47 percent

The silent majority of independent votes are not buying Romney's tricks either.

October 30, 2012 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Willied

I can't believe people like you who feel the need to not give our President credit for anything that he has accomplished but more than ready to give him all the blame when something goes bad. If there had been a problem with the Bin Laden mission and an american died you would have laid all of the blame at his feet but feel he should not have celebrated the success. Talk about the worst president, the one before him brought this country to its knees lbut somehow in 4 years that's all forgotten NOT!

October 30, 2012 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Oscar villasenor

I am a proud american, when I left this morning and turn on the radio Rush limbaugh was blaming obama for the problems Sandy had cause, If the president was latino the racist republican would also trash him, I do believe in equality as far as taxes everybody should pay the same% . Tell the rich republicans and there rich ceo friends to stop crying about money because they haven't supported obama since day 1. If they wanted this economy to turn they would hire people to start working they have all this money they made during this downturn with president bush. So that's why I believe obama will stay on as president another 4 year's and then maybe a real and I mean real latino/american democrat or republican will win. God bless the united states of america.

October 30, 2012 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
      • analeh

Credit for what he accomplished?? And so that would be ZERO! This is the first president in US history with NO accomplishments other than racially dividing the country!

October 31, 2012 at 5:08 am | Report abuse |
      • gerome

Analeh, once in a while, it's good to go back, read a little, educate yourself on some matters, learn some facts, research and THEN open your pie hole. Other wise you just look like a foolish ignorant that is just repeating nonsense. So before you come back here to post fecal matter on the site, go do some research

November 2, 2012 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
    • Kathi

Dan Griffing, You hit the nail right on the head!! If this was not a week from election Obama would still be out running around on the golf course or on late night shows! I hope the American people are not stupid to buy another four years of his lies!!

October 30, 2012 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • IKE

That has to be one of the stupidest racist statements I had ever read. Dont have kids we need to try and breed sanity into our nation.

October 31, 2012 at 12:53 am | Report abuse |
      • buckskin

Kathi: Go back and check the facts! You will find that Obama plays less golf and works harder than any previous President. Go ahead check the facts and then get back with all of us voters. :)

October 31, 2012 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
      • gerome

here we go! another low information, non educated, dumbnut just repeating whatever sounds good to her racist ears. People, there are no excuses!!! get the facts, educate yourselves, stop being lazy! Dont go with what anyone tells you....educate yourselves....

November 2, 2012 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
    • pbsilver

I disagree with you, mate. I will echo my governor, Chris Christie, and say President Obama has done a great job. Chris Christie has also done a spectacular job. Two people, two different parties, one goal in mind.

October 30, 2012 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • The Real Dan

Oh Danny boy. Shame on you for the typical narrow minded comment. The President is doing his job just as any president should. Remember George standing on the rubble in NY hugging a fireman? What are you on CNN for anyway? Go back to Fix News.

October 30, 2012 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Buckskin

Yes, agreed! :)

October 31, 2012 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mich

Dan, you say any president would do the same? You've conveniently forgotten Katrina and how G.W. Bush and FEMA were slow and inept when it came to responding and assisting the victims of that disaster. Don't you at least remember the many thousands of people stranded at the sports arena for the better part of a week without electricity, and in the heat? Folks died while waiting for assistance - they survived the hurricane only to die waiting for help. Any president would do the same? BS!

October 30, 2012 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Mich

I need to clarify the New Orleans Sports Arena - since I'm guessing you'll need to google it. In the 7 years since Katrina you've totally forgotten it.

October 30, 2012 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • IKE

You cannot be serious....calling this administration incompetent after the previous eight years of decline? throw the crack pipe away Dan throw it away!

October 31, 2012 at 12:59 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • GB

Dan there are dumb people and then there are people like you. "Say it a little louder Candi."

October 31, 2012 at 1:25 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • michael

your comments are idiotic and obviously not based in reality just partisan politics. you cant even see y our delusion. too bad your man will lose and you will have another four years of anger to deal with

October 31, 2012 at 9:42 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Chris in Co

Obama gave credit to the Seals as well as the previous administration for the success of that raid on multiple occasions. You show a lot of ignorance by trying to say the only reason he did what Bush didn't and what Romney said he wouldn't was for an "endzone dance."

October 31, 2012 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Buckskin

The "end zone dance" that RomMany did today was the best he has ever pulled; re: "Jeep Lie". That was the "cherry on the whipped cream" in my book. What a bunch of BS RomMany tries to think we are dumb enough to believe. :)

October 31, 2012 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
  5. PA Repulican

@Dan, So let me get this right. If the president comes to NJ, to do his job, he's politicing. If he dosen't come to NJ, than he dosen't care and isn't doing his job. Gee, Please tell me Dan, what is the Presenent to do???

October 30, 2012 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Dan, TX

Ok, Let's make a deal. Obama 2012, Christie 2016.

October 30, 2012 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • JaneF

Problem is if we give Obama 2012 there will be nothing left in 2016 for Christie to inherit !

October 31, 2012 at 3:44 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • michael

you are full of it

October 31, 2012 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
      • Buckskin

Explain the "Jeep Lie" that RomMany started today??????

October 31, 2012 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
  7. S T F U Pig

THis fat pig is a disgrace to the human race.

October 30, 2012 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • pbsilver1

And the pride of New Jersey...this coming from a Obama supporter.

October 30, 2012 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. dlb

Well done, Christie and Obama. Nice to see people just simply working together.

October 30, 2012 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Buckskin

Very well done Christy and President Obama; our Prayers are with the victims and their Families.

October 31, 2012 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. SueW

Good old states rights, slash state/federal spending governer all too happy to show up with his hand out for federal monies. I think we should say – uh, sorry...nothing for you.

October 30, 2012 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Tee Darling

Is this the time for some Americans to be saying all these nasty things about their President? I can't just believe this. Look at what the storm (Sandy) has done to some people in the North East. The President of the United States is doing all he can to help out the people in need of help and listen to what some of these Republicans are saying about him.

I happen to be an independent voter in VA and today I've decided to cast my vote for President Obama. I can't see myself voting against the President during a time of crisis when he is working very hard to bring people together in this storm.

President Obama has my vote!
    God bless America!

October 30, 2012 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Linda

Suck suck

October 30, 2012 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Linda

Piers you suck

October 30, 2012 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Mark

I live in the UK but follow US politics. Although I found George W Bush to be a poor leader in certain aspects I feel strongly that after 4 years of President Obama is enough. I am a liberal voter in the UK but find Obama's style of leadership to be so left wing it borders on communism.
    He has done very little to change the economic outlook of the US. He has pushed his allies to one side (UK, Israel, Poland, Czechs etc. He has embraced unfriendly Muslim nations to promote friendship and all he has to show for it is dead Americans.
    He refuses to answer questions on Operation Fast and Furious where a poor family of Americans have lost their beloved relative (border patrolman), this makes it look as if he uses exec privilege to not tell the truth.
    As I am ex military the most shameful thing is refusing to answer questions about the deaths in Libya. The Pres had many hours to send help to rescue the dead Americans before they were made that way by citizens of the nations he holds so dear. He would sooner let soldiers and civilians die that admit he has failed on his overseas policies and that Al Quada are alive and kicking. Or perhaps people in Libya are just carrying heavy mortars and RPGs around all day in case they want to spontaneously attack westerners.
    I fought as part of the allied forces in the first Gulf War and found US personell to be honourable, brave and above all patriotic. I find it abysmal that the Pres, during the attack, could not even spare a couple of fast movers or helos for top cover until US operators could have made it in the 2 hours they needed to get there.
    Shame on the US admin. They as good as murdered your people!

October 30, 2012 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • PA Repulican

Don't you have a UK CNN site? From a Gulf war vet.

October 30, 2012 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Mark

Yes we do have a UK CNN site

October 31, 2012 at 7:07 am | Report abuse |
    • Romny

...it borders on communism?? What are you talking about? ... Go to Cuba or China to know what communism is about.
      In the other hand, Bush lied about WMD in order to invade Irak... Is it good leadership? The gov deficit skyrocketed during the irak invasion, not to mention the cost of lives, and what was the purpose? Irak, with a no-fly zone and a weapons embargo was under control any way

October 30, 2012 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Mark

I have been to Cuba though not China though what point you are making I'm not sure. Not having visited any communist countries would not exclude me from recognising what communism looks and sounds like anyway.
        Stalin lied to his people, Obama has. Stalin allowed his people to die, Obama has, Stalin used propaganda, Obama does.
        By the way using Bush in your reply is not a good argument. I already said Bush wasn't a very good Pres.
        Iraq wasn't a good idea and yes we went in with bad intel but if you had seen what Saddam did to Kuwait in the first Gulf War, which you obviously didn't, you would have agreed with the war. Perhaps with your reasoning because you haven't been to the Gulf during war you should be excluded from commenting on it.
        Perhaps your reply should have concentrated on answering my points about Fast And Furious, Libya and the economy etc instead of making up your own thread to attack Bush and me.
        By the way, my thoughts go to anyone in the US who have suffered at during the current storm. No doubt Bush was to blame for it Romny. Just one last point, IRAQ IS SPELT LIKE THIS I R A Q not IRAK. I will go to China if you go back to school

October 31, 2012 at 7:27 am | Report abuse |
    • Adams

In UK and you are talking about left wing? You amaze me!

October 30, 2012 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Mark

I'm so glad I amaze you as you don't amaze me!!!
        There are many political parties in the UK, not just 2 as in the US. If you think everyone in the UK is left wing you are sadly misguided. Just to keep you up with current events, the UK has a Conservative Govt at present. Guess that means at least 51% of the populace are right wing huh!
        A funny way to make your case for a US left wing leaning Govt by critisizing the left wing leaning of another country.
        Well done Adams you made my case! Bet you were captain of the debate team!

October 31, 2012 at 7:35 am | Report abuse |
    • Jillian

Where do you get your rubbish from? Mitt Romney's camp ? You forget he thinks nothing of your country or your service men when he came for the Olympic. He snubbed you Brits... And you still want to be his lap dog like Blair?

October 30, 2012 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Mark

Why would I support Romney, I live in another country. I'm giving an opinion based on current and past news.
        Mitt Romney critisized the UKs Olympics and was rightly raked over the coals for it. He hurt our feelings, we recovered.
        Pres Obama has leaked intel that endangered not only US military but UK military as well.
        You decide who did the most damage Jillian.
        Just to correct one of your points Jillian, Blair was never Romney's lapdog he was, according to the press, Bush's lapdog.
        Who's talking rubbish now?

October 31, 2012 at 7:44 am | Report abuse |
    • Sal

Why were you sleeping when Romney came to town ?

October 30, 2012 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Mark

No Sal I wasn't asleep but I tend to get my info from the source ie the English news not a far left barely credible rag across the pond.

October 31, 2012 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kathi

Well said Mark!!! You see it how many American see it and hopefully Obama will be out before he destroys this country!!

October 31, 2012 at 8:37 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • PAUL

I'm from the USA and live in the UK and they way your conservative Government Treat Minorities, they way they crush them, beat them down and the heavy amount of Xenophobia that you display when you recruit legal minorities and classify and discriminate all immigrants is disgusting and disgraceful. Your system is racist and pathetic..and genocidal!!

October 31, 2012 at 9:10 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • michael

thank god you cant vote with the brain you have. talk about hand out government look at your own.

October 31, 2012 at 9:45 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Mark

Funny way to make your case for defending your own left wing govt by critisizing the left wing wing govt of another country.
        By the way get your info from the BBC not the Huff Post as we have had a conservative Govt in the uk for 2 years now.
        I wish we had a more Liberal Govt in power just not a communist leader in charge as you do. If any adminin the UK let it's people be murdered

October 31, 2012 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
      • Mark

By the way, get your info from the BBC not the Huff Post as we have had a conservative Govt in the uk for 2 years now.
        I wish we had a more Liberal Govt in power, just not a communist leader in charge as you have. If any admin in the UK let it's people be murdered by Muslim extremists they would be held to account. I believe that ANY Govt is accountable to the people, you seem to believe that they are only accountable if they lean politically away from your deranged belief system.

October 31, 2012 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Buckskin

We do hope you will keep your vote in UK, unless you know the facts; look them up and study them.

October 31, 2012 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • splink

Thanks for the insight Mark. We have watched President Obama for almost four years now and are poised to replace him on November 6th.

October 31, 2012 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. kc

PM, if you knew anything about mechanical engineering, you would not ask such ignorant questions about generators not running @ that NY hospital. When you learn something, then ask, otherwise, keep quiet until you've finished talking to those who know more than you. At that point you can make or ask an educated question.

October 30, 2012 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Linda

Piers loves Obama.

October 30, 2012 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  16. Ralph Novak

Christie did the right thing. Noticed the NORCAL Med Tech helping at the hospital. He was there BECAUSE THE PRESIDENT REQUESTED THEIR MOVEMENT BEFORE THE STORM STRUCK! That's why the Preident deserves Christie's praise.

Ralph Novak
    Lincoln, CA

October 30, 2012 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  17. helen

Seriuosly what has happened to New Jersey is a horrible shame. If i was president i sure would be there. Goodness when BP had there oil spill our President was on vacation with his family, and his wife went and made her pleads for our nation to come together as one and help the families that were affected by the spill. Not once was there an photo of the Obama family or including our president out there picking up the beaches and cleaning up dead animals. It's easy to say how you feel and say were here for you and right a check, but to get your hands dirty and drag your family there to do the same, it's another. We as a nation care it will be volunteers here in the U.S. and U.S. tax dollars that will be there to clean up this mess. Him being there isn't going to change my mind as to how i feel about him leading my country. When i see is well dressed wife and children as well as himself actually get his hands dirty that might. When he fights in a war that might, when he looses a child in a ruitine combat mission i may praise him.And would consider him a true leader WHEN HE CAN EXPLAIN WHY HE IS USING 1 MILLION DOLLARS GIVEN FROM A FORIEGN COUNTRY WE ARE AT WAR WITH, TO HELP HIM GET RE-ELECTED.I have to ask myself how could he. My Prayers are with the families devistated by this disaster. My election vote is for ROMNEY FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!

October 30, 2012 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Wake up America

Where do you get your facts from? Romney box of facts? I was surprised at what extend Romney wont tell the truth.
      Please check your facts. I did.
      Once a Republican now voting for Obama 2012
      Wake up. America needs you.

October 30, 2012 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Buckskin

I am a registered Republican and have voted "early" for Obama/Biden.

October 31, 2012 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jill

Do you remember Bush was fishing day after Katharine ? Google your facts.

October 30, 2012 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Adams

Learn to write!

October 30, 2012 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mich

Dear Helen, You've got to quit getting your "facts" from fox news. You leave the rest of us wondering what you're talking about.

October 30, 2012 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • IKE

You are stupid.

October 31, 2012 at 1:05 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • gerome

wow! The level of ignorance is staggering helen. Do some more research and get real facts ok. you sound like a supervisor at walmart that complains the job wasnt done but she spent the entire night trying to do it herself instead of delegating to her employees AND working with them and supporting them.

November 2, 2012 at 9:36 am | Report abuse | Reply
  18. TJeff1776

I have known Presidents that shunned State Governors that didn't support him politically. It doesn't look like Obama is that type. Methinlks Obama is worth voting for. I've been neutral but now think thats the right direction to go in.

October 30, 2012 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  19. max

Bush was criticized for not acting decisively. He should have raced out of the classroom filled with 7-year-olds and acted presidential. He should have taken command of the situation. The President looked stupefied like he didn’t know what to do.

Bush Slow To Respond to Katrina

Mitt Romney Refuses To Talk About FEMA After Hurricane Sandy Event.

So you saying nice things about how Gov. Chris Christie was giving thanks to Obama. was a shock me! for you think you say a word or two about the way they were not so nice to Bush. But than that would up set your people.
    The GOP’s are not looking for a attack ever day, the Dems are! You may not understand us in the USA, and see it easier in the eyes of the Dems, who wish to make us more like them we ran from with England. But we are not all gun caring nuts, we have guns and don’t harm any one. We help out people, but we do expect them to help them self as well. We see that the government is us, we are the government not a class of people above us. We don’t hate the rich, we work to be the rich. Some times its just hard to see through rose color glass isn’t it?

October 30, 2012 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Check your math

The reason Bush didn't leave the classroom after the news was relayed to him about to planes flying into the world trade center was because it was planned. If you research the math and physics of the event there is no way the buildings would have collapsed unless there was a lower structure explosion.

October 31, 2012 at 12:19 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Mark

Are you mental?
        If you knew anything about explosives such as Thermite you would realise that it would take months and A LOT of explosives to drop the towers. It would have taken many weeks to rig the charges and this would mean ripping out the innards of the building to do so. Are you saying no one working in the bulidings noticed the many men with high explosives walking past them ang rigging them to the supporting structure of the building?
        Second point is, if Bush knew and his intent was to blow up the WTC, why crash 2 planes into them, bit overkill don't you think?
        Why not just blow up the builidings and blame THAT on terrorists.
        I would suggest you press the little button next to you so the nurse can up your meds

October 31, 2012 at 8:00 am | Report abuse |
  20. NOBAMA2012

Romney must link Obama's premature reaction to a looming Hurricane Sandy with a press conference on Sunday, a full day before the storm made landfall, with that surrounding the attacks in Benghazi. He needs to ask why the response this time was so quick. He must be the one to ask that question! He needs to make the point that Obama looks like a guy with a poor grasp of two different situations.

October 30, 2012 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Fact Check

I see where you get your facts from? Mitt Romney who does not have a truthful bone in his body. Why don't you google Fact Check.
      Indipendant voter. I have voted for Obama now.

October 30, 2012 at 11:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • JaneF

Keep plugging your website you Kickstarter Troll!

October 31, 2012 at 3:51 am | Report abuse |
  21. NoWay

I'll sure be dancing in the street when this ad season is over.

October 31, 2012 at 7:51 am | Report abuse | Reply
  22. rayhyson

Hurricane Sandy devastated a large portion of the United States affecting many fine Americans, Republican, Democrat, Independent and other parties As the United States has done time and time again after a horrific event we will pull together and assist each other in a very much needed quick recovery. I think the President should do everything in his power to assist those in need. The Red Cross is always the first to step and assist those in need and our doing a terrific job. However the Red Cross needs funds to sustain their assistance to those in dire need. This is a perfect opportunity for Mitt Romney, Donald Trump, Warren Buffet and other wealthy US Citizens to make hefty contributions to the Red Cross. I am tired of the continuous negative political ads from both sides. Wouldn't be nice to see an ad that states "I will do everything in my power to ensure a quick recovery" or "My hearts go out to those affected by this storm and that is why I am donating a million dollars to the Red Cross". Both sides need to make meaningful contributions and show why the USA is the greatest nation on earth who takes care of its own. May the best man win.

October 31, 2012 at 8:32 am | Report abuse | Reply
  23. toriigibbons

Reblogged this on toriigibbons.

October 31, 2012 at 9:42 am | Report abuse | Reply
  24. Lord Yabu

Piers Morgan needs to stop with his Obama/Liberal groupie slant. Get a room with Soledad.

October 31, 2012 at 10:01 am | Report abuse | Reply
  25. scoto

Strange how we accept that there can be two versions of "truth and behavior".
    One for electioneering and the other for what is actually factual. Other than politics where else would you find this acceptable in somebody's persona?

October 31, 2012 at 10:12 am | Report abuse | Reply
  26. Sam

How come Republicans who do not believe in "government involvement" – all of a sudden – want government assistance? Later on they will bad mouth the POTUS.

October 31, 2012 at 11:10 am | Report abuse | Reply
  27. Maria

Christie has his own agenda

October 31, 2012 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Buckskin

What????? Thanks for the support for the victims. Are you nuts making such a statement about Chris Christy?????

October 31, 2012 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  28. mary kuma

I am proud of our president and his decision to reach to all of all our brothers and sisters of this nation. Mr. President your choice of reacing the people in such time is your ticket to the white house. Let us work and make sure the people can come out and vote ELECTRICITY please work thanks to New York leadershp and the quick thinking of NJ Mr. Chistie your voice was heard from my understanding you will make an excellent president in 2016 One more term for our President. Wake up America let us pray and work together in the name of LOVE AND PEACE.

October 31, 2012 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  29. SMKO

Why is Romney not in the disaster areas? He is just a money collector AND SO FAKE. Wake up America vote for OBAMA

October 31, 2012 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • splink

Romney was in disaster areas but you won't see it on Piers Morgan or CNN or any MSM. He saw what happened, he took action and didn't make a political photo op of it. Now he is back to the campaign....as is President Obama.

October 31, 2012 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Adam

What? CNN had an article about Mitt's attempt to help last night. I remember it well because mittens was posing for the picture and he chose to be holding a package of toilette paper.

November 1, 2012 at 4:49 am | Report abuse |
      • Mark

Hi splink
        You will never get anything honest off Piers Morgan. When he was editor of the Daily Mirror here in the UK he had to resign because he made up a story about UK troops abusing prisoners in Iraq. He had to move to the US to practice his lies because he was finished career wise in the UK

November 1, 2012 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Uri

The comments are made during a crisis situation. Both people are apparently trying to do the job they were elected to do in a state of crisis. Although it is nice and polite to overtly thank and praise someone for doing the job they are paid to do, it is really not necessary to do so. Since the disaster happened during a tight election season and knowing many people are watching, there are unfortunately some who will make the idea of someone just doing their job out to be more than what it is. Politics is the art about how to be "polite" in the public arena. Personally, I think that anyone who would take advantage of a crisis situation for political gain is really sad.

October 31, 2012 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  31. Jean

Voting for Obama should be for what he has (or hasn't done) for the past 4 years. Not for the photo op he is now doing in New Jersey with Gov. Christie. Christie is doing this for his state – not for photo ops as is the President. My vote is going to Romney. Obama has been a failure these past 4 years. Part-time jobs in place of full-time jobs is proof of that.

October 31, 2012 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Wilbert

I do not know anyone that has been doing really really bad in the last four years. I have been doing great, all of my
      family are doing great. I do not know of anyone that does not have a job if they really want one. Might not be the
      job they want but they can get a job. I am voting for Obama.

October 31, 2012 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • buckskin

Our entire family is doing just fine and have held their jobs the past four years; they did not lose their homes; they have good jobs and have worked hard, every day, to keep their jobs, and are enjoying life. When I say Family; it is ourselves (Parents), our children, and our grandchildrn; they all have good jobs and all have their very own home. What a concept "helping yourself", as well as your neighbors. We voted for Obama/Biden "early" and have just retired, not wealthy, but very comfortable. Obama health care has allowed us to buy supplemental insurance; which is used often; it works! Thank you President Obama for assisting the hard working, middle class.

October 31, 2012 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Adam

While Chris Christie has earned respect in my book, I did swear never to vote Republican again; maybe Christie will come over to our side now, it looks like the Rubs don't want him anymore.

November 1, 2012 at 4:46 am | Report abuse | Reply
  33. Bluelight57

All Americans should want to see our government people doing their job well. The cooperation between Pres. Obama and Gov. Christie during this crisis is what governing should be about. We are in a situation equivalent to war. We must, ASAP, help the victims, remove the dangers to life and property remaining from Sandy, and commence rebuilding our communities. Therefore, the key is cooperation, not conflict. Fortunately, the person running FEMA for the US is a consummate professional who has spent a lifetime managing all types of disasters. Obama, in this case, picked the right man for the job. We are not going to have FEMA fall asleep at the switch as it did in New Orleans. But we need more than reliance on government. If you can contribute $ or time, if you have special skills, provide what you can. In my community, we got hit pretty hard. After Sandy, our street was blocked by large fallen trees on both ends. We couldn't get in or out. We did not know when government would reach us. So, the day after the storm, about twenty of my neighbors, including me, used power saws and hand saws to cut up the trees. It took hours, but we did the job. That was our small contribution to our community, and we all benefited from completing that job. The feelings of helplessness that Sandy has caused us were greatly reduced because of what we had done. So let's stop complaining and attacking people. Instead, let's get to work and clean up as much as we can. For our compatriots in the West and other places that were not hit by the storm, thank you for your help, your prayers, and your compassion.

November 1, 2012 at 8:19 am | Report abuse | Reply
  34. Justin

Enough you BLOOD SUCKING DEMONS Republicans & Tea bags, go back to HELL where you belong. I didn't see anyone complaining after the first debate when Morgan along with many news anchors were criticizing the president. It was Gov Chris Christie who chose to praised the president because he was able to see the contrast to BUSH Handling of Katrina. So, stop your evil or go back to Satan your Father. Regardless, this is a story because of those affected and the choosing of the Governor PRAISING OBAMA. Have some comon-sense and try to be a bit rational on your thoughts because GOD doesn't sleep and sees the EVIL & HATRED consuming your PUNY HEART.

November 1, 2012 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  35. josebear5

What about the electrican who came from alb ga to help and were turn away because thay were not union. speak well of new jersey

November 2, 2012 at 8:44 am | Report abuse | Reply
  36. Mohammed

I like the answer of this German Scholar when he was asked about terrorism and Islam: He said:

· Who started the First World War, which killed 37 million and injured 22, 379, 053 that includes 7 million civilians? Muslims?

· Who started the Second World War, which killed over 60 million, which was over 2.5% of the world population? Muslims?

· Who killed about 20 million of Aborigines in Australia? Muslims?
    · Who drop the nuclear bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, which killed 166,000 people in Hiroshima and 80,000 in Nagasaki? Muslims?

· Who killed more than 100 million Red Indians in North America? Muslims?
    · Who killed more than 50 million Indian in South America? Muslims?
    · Who took about 180 million African people as slaves and when 88% of them died, threw them into the Atlantic Ocean? Muslims?

· Who invaded Iraq, Afghanistan killing over 135,000 Civilians? Muslims?
    They weren’t Muslims! First of all, you have to define terrorism properly…. If a non-Muslim does something bad… it is crime. But if a Muslim commits the same, he is a terrorist. So first remove the double standard… then come to the point.
    *** Just for your information ***

November 3, 2012 at 1:10 am | Report abuse | Reply
  37. herbalife

My brother suggested I might like this blog. He was once totally right. This submit actually made my day. You can not imagine simply how much time I had spent for this info! Thank you!

November 6, 2012 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  38. Holly

I wish Christie would switch to become a Democrat. He is far too intelligent to be a Republican. I would vote for him if he became a Democrat. He seems to be a shoot from the hip kind of person, and not the usual liars you find in the
    Republican party. If he was to run for President, he should lose weight. It's a very stressful thing to run for POTUS and he needs to be in better shape for it. I like him. And that is something I usually don't say about ANY Republican... especially Thurston Howell (Romney).

November 18, 2012 at 1:13 am | Report abuse | Reply