READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Tonight at 9, “Piers Morgan Tonight” welcomes Tim Pawlenty back to the program where the former Governor of Minnesota shares his perspective on the budgetary conundrum looming over Congress. At midnight on December 31, 2012, the Budget Control Act of 2011 will go into effect, triggering the implementation of tax increases and budgetary cuts known as the “fiscal cliff."
“As we try to heal and solve this very big divide, that has resulted in stalemate and polarization, we should have the finesse and sense of grace and timing to solve this in a way where everybody can live in the real world,” said Pawlenty.
Pawlenty advises the media to be patient with Congress as they work to resolve the government’s budgetary issues. “As a member of the media and a commentator, allow people to be in the space where they can actually find common ground and part of this is letting them get to that place without cornering them ahead of time,” Pawlenty asked Piers Morgan.
Watch the clip and tune in tonight as Pawlenty considers Morgan’s proposal to debate the issue on a mountainside cliff.
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter
"When you've got it, it's money in the bank, but Barack Obama will die broke! Quote: http://youtu.be/utfkGocmCiE Unquote:
In the 1990's I was making big money and paying big tax's. I didn't like it and I always felt that I could make better use of the money than the IRS. Oh well, I made it and I payed it! As I recall the budget was balanced and unemployment was low. It seems that the system was working and working well. We live, work and play in this amazing country. If we were on a vacation or cruise we would be willing to pay a little extra for all of the fun. I personally have no problem going back to the tax rate that we payed before the Bush era tax cuts if it helps pay the bills and allows us to reclaim our financial security. I would think that all Americans would want to do their part to fight and win this battle. I rather enjoy waking up to see the stars and stripes flying over the land.
It is NOT just about the economy. Would you rather be a citizen of Dubai or Saudi Arabia if it is all about money? I want to be an American because of the freedom here !! Civil rights and social freedom is more important !!
Shame on you, Piers Morgan and Aaron Burnett, who I love, for not pointing out the big problem in asking the general population if people making over $250,000 should pay more taxes. Can't someone in the news, at least point out that, of course, 47% of Americans want those making over $250,000 to pay more taxes!!! Is that a fair question to ask when it is likely that most of that 47% are not the people making over $250,000. And, didn't it come out in the election that only 47% of the population even pays income tax. Well of course, the other 53% of those non income tax paying citizens want the rest of us to cover even more. Let's quit spending instead of trying to milk more money out of wealthy Americans who are already shouldering the load. That is what the Democrats never explain. I personally think that even poor people would be shocked at the amount and the percentage of taxes people making over $250,000 already pay. I am a very compassionate person and I truly want to help the poor, but I really like the ad on tv by Peter Petterfy who explains that in socialism, yes, the rich get poorer, but the poor get poorer, too. He says it so perfectly.Bigger government does not solve anything. Quit railing on the wealthy!!!!!
Math wasn't your strong suit. 99% of the people make less than $250K. Most of that 47% are peopple who worked their whole lives and paid into social security. It is all the portfolio they have because the top .01% are so greedy that they barely survived with the cutthroat wages they received. Read my note below. The problem isn't personal income, but how wealth is made. Wealth builders in that .01% don't have incomes to tax, like Steve Jobs with his $1 per year salary. How many billions was he worth? It isn't tax evasion, it is tax avoidance. It is the glass ceiling that the working class feel and can't get past with honest labor.
OK – good point about the ultra wealthy so maybe the term "wealthy" needs to be redefined! There is an enormous difference in people earning $250,000 and paying full income tax on that amount and the ultra wealthy who are reinvesting their investment income and paying capital gains or avoiding taxes altogether.
Notify me of new comments via email.