Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For November 12, 2012 – House majority leader knew of Petraeus matter in October, U.S. to become biggest oil producer and voice of Elmo on leave after denying 'underage conduct' with teen...
• House majority leader knew of Petraeus matter in October: "House Majority Leader Eric Cantor knew in October about former CIA Director David Petraeus' involvement in an extramarital affair, a spokesman for the congressman told CNN on Sunday."
• U.S. to become biggest oil producer: "The United States will overtake Saudi Arabia to become the world's biggest oil producer before 2020, and will be energy independent 10 years later, according to a new forecast by the International Energy Agency."
• BBC's news director, deputy 'step aside' in fallout over false sex abuse report: "Two British Broadcasting Corporation executives have "stepped aside" pending a review into the BBC's handling of allegations of sex abuse surrounding its late TV presenter Jimmy Savile, the media organization said Monday."
• Japan figures prompt recession fears: "Japan's economy contracted at an annual rate of 3.5% in the latest quarter, sparking concerns of a sustained regional slowdown."
• Voice of Elmo on leave after denying 'underage conduct' with teen: "The puppeteer who provides the voice of Elmo is on a leave of absence from Sesame Street after denying he had an inappropriate relationship with a teenage boy."