READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For November 15, 2012 – Israel hits back at Gaza, David Petraeus says his resignation was not connected to Benghazi and Carrie Fisher, Frank Marshall tease ‘Star Wars’ developments...
• Israel hits back at Gaza: "Strikes flew across the Gaza border in rapid succession Thursday, as Israel responded to an onslaught of militant rocket attacks by targeting 'terror sites.'"
• David Petraeus says his resignation was not connected to Benghazi: "Former CIA Director David Petraeus, in conversations with an HLN journalist, insisted that his resignation had nothing to do with his scheduled testimony about the September attack that killed four Americans in Benghazi, Libya."
• Mitt Romney says Barack Obama 'gifts' won voters: "'What the president, president's campaign did was focus on certain members of his base coalition, give them extraordinary financial gifts from the government, and then work very aggressively to turn them out to vote,' Romney said in the afternoon call, according to audio aired on ABC News."
• BP to pay record fine for Gulf oil spill: "BP will pay a record U.S. fine to settle criminal claims arising from the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, a Department of Justice official said Thursday."
• Carrie Fisher, Frank Marshall tease ‘Star Wars’ developments: "The force is strong with ... someone. As Disney gets further along in its quest to continue the 'Star Wars' franchise, more and more details are emerging — slowly."
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter
Piers, I heard your analysis about a taste of quality life in Gaza. Maybe you forgot that Israel left a $1 billion flourishing industry in Gaza that the Israeli citizens developed with greenhouses and more. Hamas came in and destroyed everything, claiming all of it as a 'Zionist conspiracy' and then threw Fatah members off of the same buildings.
Pierce, what you said tonight on your show re: the situation in Gaza and Israel, is so right on the dot!!!! You are so absolutely right! I wish President Obama would make you an envoy to try to jump start the peace process in this part of the world. I totally agree with your logic how desperate people resort to desperate measures, not that bombing innocent Israelis is by any way defensible. But these people living in Gaza are leaving in conditions that NO normal human beings in today's age would accept, not in the US, not in Europe, not in Israel and not anywhere else in the world. And I am just saying this as a newly fellow nationalized american citizen, who is originally from Lebanon, who is Christian, and who among all people in this part of the world got hurt the most by the palestenian leadership/cause/fight during the civil war in Lebanon from 1975 to 1990.
Were in the hell did you get that Israel choked the water off for Gaza? Not one person died of thirst in Gaza.
The same BS went around for an while about food until a Palestinian reporter showed the world that the peiople in Gaza had more food, clothing, miedicen, toys, candy than many other countries in the world .
Hamas has told the world that they never will make peace with Israel and has killed more Palestinians who did not like Hamas that Israel in Gaza, but nobody talks about that.
Hamas and there proxy groeps have fired 13.000 rockets, mortar shels in too Israel ever sins Israel left the Gaza strip,
maybe you can tell Israel should do, self distruct?.
I think you should go over there yourself you ignorant people, stay for 1 month in Gaza, not tel aviv or any fancy city, just go there to see the different
Piers, I watched tonight your exchange of opinions with Zacharia about the Gaza conflict. He, in fact, reminded you that the situation in the West Bank is flourishing economically and socially thanks to the israeli "effect" (so to speak) if not its collaborating in the well-being of palestinians in the west bank. Does it not occur to you that the same WOULD happen in Gaza if it were not for the rule of Hamas that survives only in confrontation with Israel? Israel are NOT CRAZY not to want the same situation in Gaza. The people of Gaza are far from enjoying social and economic progress their brethren in the West Bank are because of one and only ONE reason: HAMAS.
Piers, west bank is enjoying prosperity because they have changed their mindset. People of Gazza could have chosen the same route, but they chose Hamas. I thought that your analysis of their situation was inaccurate and non factual. How could Israel show Gazaians a prosperous way of life when they chose an organization who is committed to the destruction of Israel to lead them. They probably would change their vote now but its too late.
When are you going to tell the truth and report that the "rockets" launched into Israel from Gaza was a result of and Israeli IDF sniper shooting to death a 13 year old Palestinian boy who was doing nothing but playing soccer in the street? 267 rockets fired from Gaza into Israel? Disproportionate in comparison to the bombings that take place on a daily basis in Gaza at the hands of the Israelis, and with better weaponry paid for by American tax dollars.
You ask Zakari what the mission is of Israel. It is simple. Complete and total annexation of Gaza. Who is driving whom to the sea? They've choked off the Gazan water supply. They own their water ways, they own the air ways above. These people have nothing and the world watches and blames them for their own predicament. Did the world say to the Jews in the Polish Ghettos, "This is your own fault?" No. Innocent people are being murdered in the name of Zionism, including the child of one of your BBC colleagues. What fault is that of his or his child?
You are nothing more than the gatekeeper of the Zionist regime, and it is clear that you refuse to acknowledge Israeli fault in this because you know where your bread is buttered. The rest of the world has a better view of the situation, which you will not report.
The Israelis are justified, yet the Syrian government is not. It is the same situation.
Notify me of new comments via email.