READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For November 27, 2012 – Barack Obama promotes his fiscal cliff solution, Yasser Arafat's remains are exhumed and Angus T. Jones of 'Two and a Half Men' calls his show 'filth'...
• Obama promotes his fiscal cliff solution: "As negotiations continue over how to thwart the looming crisis known as the fiscal cliff, President Barack Obama will take his case on the road this week, urging Americans to support his push to let tax rates rise on the wealthiest Americans."
• Yasser Arafat's remains are exhumed: "The body of former Palestine Liberation Organization leader Yasser Arafat was exhumed Tuesday for tests to see if poisoning led to his 2004 death, according to WAFA, the official Palestinian news agency."
• Ambassador Rice to meet with lawmakers on Libya: "After facing criticism from Republican lawmakers surrounding her characterization of the September 11, 2012 attack on the U.S. mission in Benghazi, Libya, U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice will hold meetings on Capitol Hill about Libya, an administration official said Monday."
• Companies speeding up dividend payments: "While investors brace for higher tax rates on dividend payments next year, a few companies have taken steps to soften the blow with early payouts."
• Angus T. Jones of 'Two and a Half Men' calls his show 'filth': "Angus T. Jones, the 19-year-old actor who has played the 'Half' man, Jake Harper, since 2003, calls the sitcom 'filth' in a taped interview that recounts his religious experience."
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter
End free housing, free health care, free dental care, and free education on how to be a criminal by releasing people in prison for selling weed.
"Don't you think Politics is a little crazy, Pierse. They call themselves Conservatives and yet don't know how to conserve. Liberals are too liberal with wasting energy they don't have, and manpower to Liberals doesn't exist, they're all a bunch of Lazy dead-body's. When they really do learn to Conserve, and only Liberal enough to stop wastage, will a country be able to pay it's bills."
Here is the type of straight forward fair plan that neither side will even consider. Average American can agree on it but can politicians beholden to unlimited campaign spending and rigid lock step mentality like the Norquist pledge? Simple plan to secure Social Security and Medicare and reduce the Deficit without hurting the most vulnerable:
Cap deductions, raise marginal rates on the high income earners, put capital gains tax on a progressive scale, cut out subsidies to established profitable industries like oil, gas and coal, which will
always survive and thrive and drop subsidies for corn to ethanol conversion, cut military spending, extend the limits on SS and Medicare contributions because right now the rich pay a vastly lower percentage of their income to these programs than the middle class and poor. I believe the cap on taxable income for Social Security is $106,000. So, someone making a $250,000 is paying less than half the percentage rate as someone making $50,000. Also, stop I would also lower the corporate
tax rate substantially but cut out all the legalized corruption in the tax code that Enables many Hugely Profitable Companies to end up Paying No Corporate Income Tax. Our corporate tax code is worse than Swiss cheese but the printed top rate only hurts small businesses who don't have the benefit of armies of accountants and lawyers to exploit the corrupted tax code.
We also need to require that these giant multinationals pay taxes on profits they are making over seas and not allow companies to move their head quarters to the Caymans and pretend they are not primarily US corporations. for over seas operations and give big incentives to bring factories and service jobs back to America. Finally, our power grid is a joke and even more than highways and bridges, we need to rebuild our power grid and that could be a source for billions in new
jobs and associated revenues while bringing our power grid into the 21st century.
Finally, we need to allow collective bargaining for Medicare and Medicaid and the new Affordable Care law. If all these programs could negotiate for pricing on all health services and products, including
the part D drug benefit, the people of United States could save hundreds of billions over time.
Then again, with the unlimited money flooding in under the corruption installed by the corrupt Supreme Court in their decision on "Citizens United vs. the Federal Election Board", which should have been called "Lobbies United Against Democracy in the United States" we can expect either party to get behind common sense legislation that puts fairness and the long term well being of the People of this nation first. Its up to us to lobby for common sense. The age of the Public Citizen has never been more clear. – Duffminster
Notify me of new comments via email.