READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For November 29, 2012 – Powerball winners in Arizona, Missouri, Leveson urges new independent regulator for UK press and Lindsay Lohan arrested over alleged altercation...
• Powerball winners in Arizona, Missouri: "If you are in Missouri or Arizona, check your lottery tickets. You could be filthy rich. Tickets for the record-breaking estimated $579 million jackpot were purchased in those states, lottery officials said early Thursday morning."
• Leveson urges new independent regulator for UK press: "Media moguls are waiting with bated breath to see if Brian Leveson will recommend that the current system of self-regulation - widely regarded as having failed - continues, or whether he will call instead for a new independent regulator or statutory regulation to rein in the worst excesses of Britain's press."
• GOP lawmaker's compromise nixed: "House Speaker John Boehner and other conservatives shot down a proposal from a senior congressional Republican who suggested that his GOP colleagues break from their firm anti-tax position and agree to a demand from Democrats to immediately renew middle-class tax cuts."
• Unemployment benefits cost $520 billion: "Jobless Americans have collected more than half a trillion dollars in benefits over the past five years."
• Lindsay Lohan arrested over alleged altercation: "In her latest brush with the law, police arrested actress Lindsay Lohan on Thursday after an alleged altercation at a New York nightclub."
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter
» Follow "Piers Morgan Tonight" on Instagram