Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

November 30th, 2012

Robert Zemeckis on directing movies: "If the film makes a one dollar profit, I'm happy"

Coming up this evening at 9, "Piers Morgan Tonight" welcomes one of the most successful men in Hollywood, Robert Zemeckis, for an insightful and honest face to face conversation.

With his latest project, the Denzel Washington-led film "Flight," currently enjoying tremendous commercial success, the man behind such classics as "Back to the Future" and "Forrest Gump" reveals his process and motivation for film making:

"You know, I don't think about it that often," says Zemeckis, on having directed 16 films that have grossed four-billion dollars worldwide. "I never made a movie thinking about the money ... I've only ever made a movie thinking about, you know, can I make this a good movie? And the money has come ... as frosting on the cake, so to speak."

Having made the professional decision to cast Piers Morgan in a cameo role in "Flight," Zemeckis opens up to his actor about the financial goal he attaches to each of his projects:

"I've done this my entire career," he tells the man who plays himself in the drama about an airline pilot who saves a flight from crashing. "If the film makes a one dollar profit, I'm happy, because then the film exists and nobody got hurt and that's my job."

Watch the clip, and listen to the interview, then tune in this evening as Zemeckis reveals the greatest actors he's ever worked with. (spoiler alert: Morgan didn't make the cut.)
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter
» Follow "Piers Morgan Tonight" on Instagram

Post by:
Filed under: The Piers Morgan Interview
  1. Rosie Muniz

Dear Piers. I couldn't find any other place to leave a comment about the powerball excitement across America this week, so I am leaving my comment here.If I had won the powerball lottery, I would build schools in Rwanda, Burundi, Tanzania and South Africa and focus on educating girls. I would start a fund to go after the LRA in Uganda and put a price on the capture of Joseph Koiny and I would help fund the military to go after other viscous rebel groups in the Congo, Mali, Somalia and other regions in Africa where needed. I would start a company to fight corruption. I would start a company to empower women in Africa. I would donate to AIDS research and help find a cure for AIDS. If there was still enough money left, I would give $1000 to every Palestinian so they could have a small ounce of joy in their life and be happy even if only for a day. I would go to Yemen and invest in tourism and help bring opportunities for tourism growth there. I would ensure all of these projects would be free of corruption and hope that this money would help millions of impoverished people abroad. I bought $40.00 in tickets and only got 2 numbers on 3 of my tickets. I never play really... but I will probably play again if the jackpot gets high again.

November 30, 2012 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Tommy B

Thank goodness we still have real Artists like RZ.

December 1, 2012 at 12:55 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. aplusphilic

Reblogged this on aplusphilic's Blog.

December 1, 2012 at 4:42 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Facts please

This has nothing to do with the movie or powere ball. This has to do will millions killed. How many more millions have to be killed?

Israel and Palestine, an animated introduction.

feature=youtu.be&v=Y58njT2oXfE&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DY58njT2oXfE%26feature%3Dyoutu.be

December 1, 2012 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Facts please

Oops!

This has nothing to do with the movie or power ball. This has to do with the millions killed, displaced or occupied. How many more millions have to be killed before the world wakes up?

Israel and Palestine, an animated introduction.

December 1, 2012 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. InterWebBiz

Reblogged this on Home.

December 3, 2012 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. ofertas a cancun solo hoteles bahia principe

I've learn some just right stuff here. Definitely worth bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how so much attempt you place to create any such wonderful informative site.

March 17, 2013 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. entra aqui y veras

Thanks , I have just been searching for information about this subject for ages and yours is the best I have discovered till now. But, what concerning the bottom line? Are you sure in regards to the supply?|What i do not realize is in truth how you're not really a lot more smartly-preferred than you may be now. You are so intelligent.

May 24, 2013 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply