Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For December 4, 2012 – White House rejects GOP plan, Iran claims seizure of U.S. drone over Persian Gulf and the Pope opens a personal Twitter account...
• White House rejects GOP plan: "House Republicans offered their own proposal Monday in the heated battle to avert the so-called fiscal cliff, but it was quickly rebuffed by President Barack Obama's administration for not demanding more from the nation's wealthiest taxpayers."
• Iran claims seizure of U.S. drone over Persian Gulf: "Iran's navy has captured what it says is a U.S. drone after it entered Iranian airspace over the Persian Gulf."
• Israel defies international criticism of settlement plans: "Traditional allies heaped criticism upon Israel this week over plans to build new settlements on Palestinian territory, but the Jewish state lashed out Tuesday, saying it would not bend to the international pressure."
• Lincoln'sluxury on the cheap: "The first model from the new Lincoln, the 2013 MKZ, will be a fancy version of the 2013 Ford Fusion with a different look and nicer interior, and later models will also keep close company with their Ford cousins."
• The Pope opens a personal Twitter account: "The Vatican revealed the new personal Twitter account for Pope Benedict XVI, @Pontifex, on Monday, meaning the leader of the global Catholic Church will officially join millions of people around the globe on the social media site."