Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For December 10, 2012 – Barack Obama and John Boehner meet about fiscal cliff and agree - not to say much, U.S. Navy SEAL killed in operation to rescue American doctor in Afghanistan and Singer Jenni Rivera dies in plane crash...
• Barack Obama and John Boehner meet about fiscal cliff and agree - not to say much: "Twenty-three days since they last met face-to-face and 23 days before the fiscal cliff becomes a harsh reality, the two men most pivotal to the contentious budget talks sat down Sunday."
• U.S. Navy SEAL killed in operation to rescue American doctor in Afghanistan: "An elite U.S. special forces team rescued an American doctor who had been abducted in Afghanistan, but lost one of their own members in the mission, officials said."
• ‘Zero’ U.S. growth without a deal, says Lagarde: "The head of the International Monetary Fund, Christine Lagarde, warned that the American economy won’t grow next year without a deal on the fiscal cliff."
• Favorite tax deductions of the rich: "The wealthy could see their tax burden go up by an average of $14,000 if lawmakers limit itemized deductions as part of a fiscal cliff deal."
• Singer Jenni Rivera dies in plane crash: "Mexican-American singer Jenni Rivera died when the small plane she was traveling in with at least five others crashed in the mountains of northern Mexico, her brother told CNN."