READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For December 11, 2012 – Barack Obama, John Boehner try to talk their way down from fiscal cliff, Delta Air Lines buys stake in Virgin Atlantic and Texans make weak statement in blowout loss to Patriots...
• Obama, Boehner try to talk their way down from fiscal cliff: "It's crunch time for avoiding the fiscal cliff as President Barack Obama and House Speaker John Boehner and their aides hold private talks on issues that will impact every American. Three weeks remain to cut a deal before the automatic tax hikes and spending cuts of the fiscal cliff go into effect on January 1."
• Delta Air Lines buys stake in Virgin Atlantic: "Delta Air Lines is buying Singapore Airlines' 49% stake in Virgin Atlantic for $360 million, creating a new joint venture on the lucrative North Atlantic routes."
• U.S. blacklists al-Nusra Front fighters in Syria: "The U.S. Treasury imposed sanctions Tuesday on leaders of the jihadist al-Nusra Front in Syria, hours after the State Department moved to blacklist the rebel group as a foreign terror organization linked to al Qaeda in Iraq."
• Forget the fiscal cliff, the economy is rebounding: "The fiscal cliff may be unresolved, but Americans are still upbeat about the economy, according to a TD Ameritrade survey. In fact, 43% of Americans surveyed by the brokerage firm about their New Year's resolutions and outlook for next year said they are optimistic about 2013 and believe the economy is rebounding. That's nearly twice as many as last year."
• Texans make weak statement in blowout loss to Patriots: "
New England's 42-14 domination of Houston left the Texans still in possession of the AFC's top seed with just three weeks left in the regular season, but it also left us all with the distinctive belief the Patriots remain the team most likely to be playing in the Superdome on the first Sunday of February."
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter
» Follow "Piers Morgan Tonight" on Instagram
Reblogged this on Journaling A Marvelous Life - my daily thoughts about nothing and commented:
An article my readers may be interested in reading is being reblogged by Ms. Mary.
Boehner lets be honest were broke. No the American People are broke. You are part of the beneficiaries of the1%. The rich and Special Interest groups that continue to give politicians money for their organizations, charities and special Groups that you are affillated with. Your not broke you are just not seeing the revenue that you were used to seeing because now your croonies have not been getting these special favors or contracts that you politicians would spread out like a blanket over your special friends. No your far from broke. But you have left the rest of the United States exposed to what you the GOP have try to create a fear of losing hope. That will never happen. This is America and we always come back stronger. We will do it even if we half to take a tax hike but you Mr. Boehner, Mitch McConnel, The GOP and familys for years will be placed into history as a fake amongs other things and will be politicaly ruined for your hand in the crude fondeling of the American Economy.
Notify me of new comments via email.