READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For December 14, 2012 – U.S. to send troops and Patriot missiles to Turkey, Barack Obama and John Boehner hold 'frank' meeting on approaching fiscal cliff and Google Maps puts Apple Maps to shame...
• U.S. to send troops and Patriot missiles to Turkey: "The United States gave the go-ahead Friday to deploy Patriot anti-ballistic missiles to Turkey along with enough troops to operate them as the heavily embattled government in neighboring Syria again vehemently denied firing ballistic missiles at rebels."
• Obama, Boehner hold 'frank' meeting on approaching fiscal cliff: "Facing a looming deadline to avoid the fiscal cliff, President Barack Obama and House Speaker John Boehner met Thursday for their first face-to-face talk in four days."
• GOPers like Democrat John Kerry for secretary of state: "Now that embattled U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice has withdrawn her name from secretary of state consideration, attention is turning toward Sen. John Kerry, D-Massachusetts, the other top candidate to replace outgoing Secretary of State Hillary Clinton."
• How to get to 6.5% unemployment: "The Federal Reserve predicts it will keep stimulative policies in place until the unemployment rate falls to 6.5%. But just how many jobs will it take to get there?"
• Google Maps puts Apple Maps to shame: "When the Google Maps app for the iPhone had finally been released late Wednesday night, there was a collective rejoicing from Apple fans worldwide - many took to Twitter and Facebook to relish in the news and download it immediately."