READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For December 19, 2012 – Obama to lay out steps in gun policy, report on Benghazi attack cites 'systemic failures' and Mark Zuckerberg donates $500 million...
• Barack Obama to lay out first steps in gun policy talks after Newtown tragedy: "With the shock and horror from Newtown giving way to anger and calls for action, President Barack Obama will announce his first concrete steps Wednesday in addressing the raging debate about gun policy."
• Report on Benghazi attack cites 'systemic failures': "An independent review of the September 11 attacks on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi released Tuesday cited "systemic failures and leadership and management deficiencies" at the State Department."
• Budget experts say fiscal cliff deal could disappoint: "Budget experts in Washington have seen lots of "big" fiscal deals over the years that end up resulting in far less than advertised."
• Treasury to sell remaining GM shares: "The Treasury Department announced plans on Wednesday to sell the 500 million shares of General Motors it still owns, closing the books on the $51 billion bailout that started four years ago."
• Mark Zuckerberg donates $500 million: "Mark Zuckerberg donated Facebook shares worth $500 million to the Silicon Valley Community Foundation, a non-profit organization that works with donors to allocate funds according to their interests."