READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For December 20, 2012 – Blizzard warning issued for big chunk of Midwest, Barack Obama and John Boehner remain at odds on verge of fiscal cliff and Ke$ha responds to radio stations pulling 'Die Young'...
• Blizzard warning issued for big chunk of Midwest: "Tens of thousands of people lost power in Iowa on Thursday as the first major storm of the season swept in, bringing blizzards, high winds and severe thunderstorms to the central United States."
• Obama and Boehner remain at odds on verge of fiscal cliff: "After progress earlier this week in fiscal cliff negotiations, President Barack Obama and House Speaker John Boehner butted heads Wednesday, setting the stage for a showdown as the deadline looms for an agreement."
• CNN Poll finds bare majority now support major gun restrictions: "Americans are reacting to the tragic events in Newtown, Connecticut with elevated levels of anger, shock and fear that have led a growing number of people to look for action from the government and society that can prevent future incidents, according to a new national survey."
• NYSE to be sold to IntercontinentalExchange: "IntercontinentalExchange will buy NYSE Euronext, the operator of the venerable New York Stock Exchange as well as some leading European exchanges, in an $8.2 billion cash and stock deal, the companies announced Thursday."
• Ke$ha responds to radio stations pulling 'Die Young': "TV networks and movie studios have postponed episodes and movie premieres out of sensitivity for the Newtown school shooting, and radio stations are also being cautious with the songs they play."
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter
» Follow "Piers Morgan Tonight" on Instagram
Mr. Morgan, with no disrespect, you sir are a moron. Our second amendment right to bear arm is sacred and libs like you want to take those rights away from us. Your kind has succeeded in removing God from our schools and public places and now you want to take away my right to bear arms.
What does the second amendment say in your world? Mine says "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." I assume you are not part of a well regulated militia nor are you residing in a state that requires you to protect it's security. That being the case, your "rights" are not jeopardized by restricting access to military-grade weapons. And unless you hunt deer with a bazooka, you don't need military-grade weapons...
You can take yourself back to England. You don't have a say in what rights I have or anyone else. Who do you think you are talking that way to Mr. Pratt. If I was on your show and you called me that, I would have punched you right between your eyes. You are the stupid one along with your ilk. I have plenty of guns and if any American wants a semi-automatic or automatic for that matter, it is their right. Why do you think they left England dufus. The reason why American Patriots have these guns are to be evenly matched with criminals and the government. Get over it, because son you are a full blown idiot when it comes to discussing anything about guns. Your probably pro-murder of the unborn, so you have no standing to talk about the murders of the individuals in Connecticut. It is dipsticks like you (liberal nutjobs) with creating gun laws that caused the Sandy Hook Massacre. That is a fact. Get off this so called assuault on guns, because as a Marine, I will be there to defend anyone who wants an assault weapon. If you don't like it here, go back to England you stupid jackbag.
I am amazed that the show of the last 2 nights coverimg Gun Control in America did not discuss Mental Health issues or Movie and Video violence. What about morales? And more importantly, all the newscasters but one have talked about God back in our schools.I feel it's more than these 6 issues.
Mr Morgan. WHY if you have a town meeting are your guest not allowed to finish their answer? Why not let the person answer the opposite point of view for all concerned. Our nations fathers allowed that. I AM WITH YOU ON GUN CONTROL, to a point . But don't like it when THE PEOPLE you INTERVIEW are selected based on their answers. Their answers must be the same as yours you were saying. I dont think you are a good intervier or an AMERICAN!
This fiscal cliff stuff just angers me. What our president wants is a credit card with no limits.The reason he needs this is because
he has no idea how much Obama care is going to cost.
If you son had a credit card and he put himself 53,000 Plus dollars in debt what would you do?
Why are we not up in arms with the amount this guy is spending? If you broke it down Each person now owes $53,000 to the gov't.
Notify me of new comments via email.