READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For December 20, 2012 – Blizzard warning issued for big chunk of Midwest, Barack Obama and John Boehner remain at odds on verge of fiscal cliff and Ke$ha responds to radio stations pulling 'Die Young'...
• Blizzard warning issued for big chunk of Midwest: "Tens of thousands of people lost power in Iowa on Thursday as the first major storm of the season swept in, bringing blizzards, high winds and severe thunderstorms to the central United States."
• Obama and Boehner remain at odds on verge of fiscal cliff: "After progress earlier this week in fiscal cliff negotiations, President Barack Obama and House Speaker John Boehner butted heads Wednesday, setting the stage for a showdown as the deadline looms for an agreement."
• CNN Poll finds bare majority now support major gun restrictions: "Americans are reacting to the tragic events in Newtown, Connecticut with elevated levels of anger, shock and fear that have led a growing number of people to look for action from the government and society that can prevent future incidents, according to a new national survey."
• NYSE to be sold to IntercontinentalExchange: "IntercontinentalExchange will buy NYSE Euronext, the operator of the venerable New York Stock Exchange as well as some leading European exchanges, in an $8.2 billion cash and stock deal, the companies announced Thursday."
• Ke$ha responds to radio stations pulling 'Die Young': "TV networks and movie studios have postponed episodes and movie premieres out of sensitivity for the Newtown school shooting, and radio stations are also being cautious with the songs they play."